SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I didn't write that. :blush:

Thank you, I sure hope so too. We called USCIS the other day and as always they have no idea what's going on. The answer is always "You have to wait a bit longer". :P

//Janni

Calling them won't help anything at all since you are inside normal processing time. But They are approving late December as of now so yours is on it's way very soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Calling them won't help anything at all since you are inside normal processing time. But They are approving late December as of now so yours is on it's way very soon.

Yes, we noticed. We were mostly interested in knowing why our receipt number doesn't work - obviously they couldn't help us with that either, haha.

Is there some place in this forum (or elsewhere) where you can see what petitions are getting processed as we speak? That would've been great. But who knows, we might have an RFE coming our way and it'll take a lot longer to hear from them.

//Janni

love4.gif One day, we will never have to say goodbye, only goodnight.
12/21/2015 i-129f packet sent
12/28/2015 delivery confirmation
01/04/2016 NOA1 email & sms
01/08/2016 NOA1 hard copy

Timeline

Yes, we noticed. We were mostly interested in knowing why our receipt number doesn't work - obviously they couldn't help us with that either, haha.

Is there some place in this forum (or elsewhere) where you can see what petitions are getting processed as we speak? That would've been great. But who knows, we might have an RFE coming our way and it'll take a lot longer to hear from them.

//Janni

If you would have gotten a RFE you would probably already have been noticed about it so I son't think you'll get one. But of course can't say for sure.

And yes if you look at Igor's list you can see the latest approvals and so on.

Here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=2&sortby=2

And set the filter as needed and you'll get them all.

Edited by Georgia16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I didn't write that. :blush:

Thank you, I sure hope so too. We called USCIS the other day and as always they have no idea what's going on. The answer is always "You have to wait a bit longer". :P

//Janni

You should tell your partner that kind of comments is not okay on this forum. I haven't checked the really old posts in this thread but since I came here last year there hasn't been any nasty comments on this part of the forum. It's been pretty much the only no nasty comment section in the whole forum. Lets keep it that way.

This process is frustrating for everyone, no matter what route we choose. Good luck on your journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you would have gotten a RFE you would probably already have been noticed about it so I son't think you'll get one. But of course can't say for sure.

And yes if you look at Igor's list you can see the latest approvals and so on.

Here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=2&sortby=2

And set the filter as needed and you'll get them all.

Thank you so much! :dancing:

love4.gif One day, we will never have to say goodbye, only goodnight.
12/21/2015 i-129f packet sent
12/28/2015 delivery confirmation
01/04/2016 NOA1 email & sms
01/08/2016 NOA1 hard copy

Timeline

Instead of replying to the comment just report the user and the moderators will take care of it. Would be sad if (since they claim they're two different users) Janni would be thread banned for what Mick is doing... Just saying...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Post violating the below quoted provision of the TOS removed along with two posts quoting. Additional actions will be taken for any future violations.***

By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:
  • Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Instead of replying to the comment just report the user and the moderators will take care of it. Would be sad if (since they claim they're two different users) Janni would be thread banned for what Mick is doing... Just saying...

Great. that went fast didn't know that would be done :)

Timeline

Great. that went fast didn't know that would be done :)

I speak from experience when I say it is much better to report the person then to respond. It could end with both of you getting a warning or thread banned if you are both arguing :) So I usually just report and stay away until moderators come and sort it out because I usually get into heated arguments lol.

Enough of the negativity around what just happened lets talk about something more cheerful! I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone who is having an interview soon good luck! I have been pretty bad at keeping track of where everyone is in the process, lot of stuff happening at work at the moment :P I'm still waiting for Green Card or interview. I probably won't be hearing anything until the summer and I'm trying to figure out if I dare to book a flight back to Sweden for a few weeks or not. Pretty annoying. And I thought that if I get the an appointment I could just re-schedule but apparently you need to be pretty much dying for that to be granted and you'll be thrown back at the end of the line. So I'm holding off booking the flight for now.

Timeline

I speak from experience when I say it is much better to report the person then to respond. It could end with both of you getting a warning or thread banned if you are both arguing :) So I usually just report and stay away until moderators come and sort it out because I usually get into heated arguments lol.

Enough of the negativity around what just happened lets talk about something more cheerful! I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone who is having an interview soon good luck! I have been pretty bad at keeping track of where everyone is in the process, lot of stuff happening at work at the moment :P I'm still waiting for Green Card or interview. I probably won't be hearing anything until the summer and I'm trying to figure out if I dare to book a flight back to Sweden for a few weeks or not. Pretty annoying. And I thought that if I get the an appointment I could just re-schedule but apparently you need to be pretty much dying for that to be granted and you'll be thrown back at the end of the line. So I'm holding off booking the flight for now.

I doesn't seem like there are anyone having a interview anytime soon. :)

I would wait to book anything if I was you, you don't want to end up loosing your money OR worse get back in line for the gc ;)

Timeline

Just annoying knowing I could get a cheaper ticket if I book now... I just want this process to be done :P

Yeah I know! it is pretty expensive in the summertime. My parents are coming over when we get married in July (if the process goes smoothly) and the ticket price are already a lot more then normal and they can't book until I have the visa maybe just a month before so that sucks so know what you mean!

Timeline

Yeah and I'm hoping my husband can come along too because he has never been to Sweden during the summer. Both SAS and Icelandair just had a sale on flights to Stockholm :P

Timeline

Yeah and I'm hoping my husband can come along too because he has never been to Sweden during the summer. Both SAS and Icelandair just had a sale on flights to Stockholm :P

Oh that was great, just sucks you couldn't book. We fly with Delta and get a return ticket for $1,000 for my son and I with one stop in Amsterdam don't think that is so bad a price :)

Timeline

Oh that was great, just sucks you couldn't book. We fly with Delta and get a return ticket for $1,000 for my son and I with one stop in Amsterdam don't think that is so bad a price :)

That is a REALLY good price! I'm looking at prices for just me for the summer and I have so far not seen anything under $1000.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.