SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi

So from the embassy got your info and you go to interview it was 2½ month.

Was there delays or is that a normal timeline for the embassy in sweeden?

My case is on its way to NVC and i just want to find out the timeline some sort of way.

I know its not 100%, but its better then nothing.

I dont remember it being that bad 8 years ago for me.

But maby they have change it abit.

Was there a long waiting time for the medical in dk ?

And good luck with it all

Thank you :)

Honestly everything with the K1 process went so fast for us (approved after 23 days) so we decided to slow down the pace a little bit since I didn't want to leave until after Christmas/New Years Eve anyways.

So it being 2.5 months between the embassy in Sweden receiving our package and our interview is something we have chosen.

We got the email from the embassy on October 9th. I called the medical office about 3 days later - on their website it states there's a waiting time of 2-3 weeks for an appointment - however I was told I got get in the following week. That was way too early for me so I asked for this specific week that we're in now which was possible.

After that I scheduled the interview. There has to be 11 days between the medical and the interview. I could have gotten an appointment at the end of November/early December but we chose December 17th so we could be sure there was enough time between the medical AND for my fiancé to gather the needed documents and send them off to me.

So realistically we could have been done late November with the fast pace they're working at the moment :)

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thank you :)

Honestly everything with the K1 process went so fast for us (approved after 23 days) so we decided to slow down the pace a little bit since I didn't want to leave until after Christmas/New Years Eve anyways.

So it being 2.5 months between the embassy in Sweden receiving our package and our interview is something we have chosen.

We got the email from the embassy on October 9th. I called the medical office about 3 days later - on their website it states there's a waiting time of 2-3 weeks for an appointment - however I was told I got get in the following week. That was way too early for me so I asked for this specific week that we're in now which was possible.

After that I scheduled the interview. There has to be 11 days between the medical and the interview. I could have gotten an appointment at the end of November/early December but we chose December 17th so we could be sure there was enough time between the medical AND for my fiancé to gather the needed documents and send them off to me.

So realistically we could have been done late November with the fast pace they're working at the moment :)

Ahh okey, thx for that fast reply :)

I hope to be overthere right after new year.

So i still have hope :)

Thx again and have a good night

OH LOOK PICTURES - https://500px.com/sorenhelmer

K3 Visa Journey (That turned out to end up being IR1)

Marriage: 2008-03-25

USCIS:
I-130 Sent: 2015-09-10
I-130 Received: 2015-10-15
NOA1 : 2015-10-18
NOA2 : 2015-10-29

NVC:
NVC Received Case (I-130): 2015-11-12
NVC Case Number Received: 2015-12-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 2015-12-03
Submit DS-261: 2015-12-03
Pay AOS Bill: 2015-12-04
Receive IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Pay IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Send AOS Package: 2015-12-11
Send IV Package: 2015-12-11
Scan date: someplace around Dec 21st, nvc was not really shearing.

CC: 2016-01-29
Medical Examination: 2016-01-18
Embassy Interview: 2016-03-21 - NEW DATE 2016-03-02

AP: 2016-03-02

Issued: 2016-03-08

- They asked for more papers

Issued Again: 2016-03-10

- No new must be good news :rolleyes:

Timeline

Ahh okey, thx for that fast reply :)

I hope to be overthere right after new year.

So i still have hope :)

Thx again and have a good night

No problem :)

Same here! I've already bought my ticket - I hope that's not jinxing it - for January 14th. Uhhhh! :)

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey guys! We got this cover sheet in the mail today and I have some questions that I was hoping you could answer :) Is this the so called package 3 and is it meant for collecting both the AOS papers and IV or just the AOS? I've payed the AOS fee but the IV fee isn't payable yet. Do you know what they mean with photocopies under number 3? Because everything we are sending in are photocopies... Thank you bunches!!

post-214075-0-35372500-1446669013_thumb.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

No problem :)

Same here! I've already bought my ticket - I hope that's not jinxing it - for January 14th. Uhhhh! :)

Well then i rly rly hope the best for you. i will not do that before after the interview myself.

OH LOOK PICTURES - https://500px.com/sorenhelmer

K3 Visa Journey (That turned out to end up being IR1)

Marriage: 2008-03-25

USCIS:
I-130 Sent: 2015-09-10
I-130 Received: 2015-10-15
NOA1 : 2015-10-18
NOA2 : 2015-10-29

NVC:
NVC Received Case (I-130): 2015-11-12
NVC Case Number Received: 2015-12-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 2015-12-03
Submit DS-261: 2015-12-03
Pay AOS Bill: 2015-12-04
Receive IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Pay IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Send AOS Package: 2015-12-11
Send IV Package: 2015-12-11
Scan date: someplace around Dec 21st, nvc was not really shearing.

CC: 2016-01-29
Medical Examination: 2016-01-18
Embassy Interview: 2016-03-21 - NEW DATE 2016-03-02

AP: 2016-03-02

Issued: 2016-03-08

- They asked for more papers

Issued Again: 2016-03-10

- No new must be good news :rolleyes:

Timeline

You're welcome :) I was nervous too but it really was nothing to worry about - however I would still have liked to have been prepared that's all lol

Sorry just 2 more questions :)

The 4 passport pic you had with you for the medical was that also 2" X 2"? or just regular danish?

And did you just use the same as in the I-129F package?

And what did you do with the passport photo that has to be online with the online form before the interview ? Did you just scan in a pic. or did you get it digital from a photo place?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

The 4 passport pic you had with you for the medical was that also 2" X 2"? or just regular danish?

And what did you do with the passport photo that has to be online with the online form before the interview ? Did you just scan in a pic. or did you get it digital from a photo place?

Yeah the US standard 2" X 2" for photos. For the DS-160 scanning a picture is totally fine, you don't have to go to a photo place.

Timeline

Yeah the US standard 2" X 2" for photos. For the DS-160 scanning a picture is totally fine, you don't have to go to a photo place.

Great Thanks!

So I need 7 passport photos and my son need 6 right? (for the whole K-1 process)

Edited by Georgia16

Timeline

The passport photos for the medical was also 2x2, yes :) I did not use the same as in the I-129F petition as I didn't think the photos for the medical would have to be of American standard (I don't know why I thought that) so I at the time didn't order enough.... I ordered 3 initially; one for the petition and two for the interview.

For the DS160 I just scanned one of the passport photos I had left from the original petition.

Great Thanks!

So I need 7 passport photos and my son need 6 right? (for the whole K-1 process)

I can't guide you in regard to your son but you'll need 7 passport photos in total:

1 for the petition

2 for the interview

4 for the medical

:)

Edited by ckibs

Timeline

Thank you!!! :)

The passport photos for the medical was also 2x2, yes :) I did not use the same as in the I-129F petition as I didn't think the photos for the medical would have to be of American standard (I don't know why I thought that) so I at the time didn't order enough.... I ordered 3 initially; one for the petition and two for the interview.

For the DS160 I just scanned one of the passport photos I had left from the original petition.

I can't guide you in regard to your son but you'll need 7 passport photos in total:

1 for the petition

2 for the interview

4 for the medical

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

How do they expect you to have US passphotos when you're in Scandinavia? I've been searching the net and haven't found any place around here that takes photos that are 2x2 inches? :(

love4.gif One day, we will never have to say goodbye, only goodnight.
12/21/2015 i-129f packet sent
12/28/2015 delivery confirmation
01/04/2016 NOA1 email & sms
01/08/2016 NOA1 hard copy

Timeline

How do they expect you to have US passphotos when you're in Scandinavia? I've been searching the net and haven't found any place around here that takes photos that are 2x2 inches? :(

I'm in Denmark and there's a bunch of places here offering passport photos that meet American standards - it's just really expensive!

I don't know if you guys have "Japanphoto" in Sweden? That's where I had my photos done :)

Timeline

I just went to the self service photo booth at the shopping centre and it let me choose between the regular and US standard photos and it cost I believe 99sek for 4 of them. It also let me email it to myself straight from the booth so I could upload it for the DS-160.

Timeline

Thank you, that sounds good. The closest city might have a photo booth, so if that's good enough then it seems easier and cheaper than I thought.

So basically US passport photos is all I need, I never need any Swedish sized ones ever during the whole K-1 journey?

love4.gif One day, we will never have to say goodbye, only goodnight.
12/21/2015 i-129f packet sent
12/28/2015 delivery confirmation
01/04/2016 NOA1 email & sms
01/08/2016 NOA1 hard copy

Timeline

Thank you, that sounds good. The closest city might have a photo booth, so if that's good enough then it seems easier and cheaper than I thought.

So basically US passport photos is all I need, I never need any Swedish sized ones ever during the whole K-1 journey?

No just 7 us photos :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.