Time2gopeacefully

Just got an RFE for K3!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
The good news is... had they not issued an RFE you'd likely been approved AND BC is an easy fix... :thumbs:

I don't understand why a copy of USC passport is mentioned to be OK but now is not. How can you optain a USC passport without BC or CN?

Well, the good thing on this is that they locked me with 30 days and they locked themself too to reply! :thumbs::crying:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
The good news is... had they not issued an RFE you'd likely been approved AND BC is an easy fix... :thumbs:

I don't understand why a copy of USC passport is mentioned to be OK but now is not. How can you optain a USC passport without BC or CN?

Well, the good thing on this is that they locked me with 30 days and they locked themself too to reply! :thumbs::crying:

Just respond back with either the birth certificate or certificate of naturalization and you should be fine. They are probably trying to verify some of your background info, i.e. DOB, Parent's name, etc.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Did you provide a copy of every page of the passport, including blank pages?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

No, I did not send a copy of the blank pages. That might be the problem! :crying:

BTW, the website does not say anything and that tells me that is not updated properly or regulary!

Edited by Hey-wassapenin?

Timeline

The USCIS website is not updated regularly. Some members have been approved and their case status still shows as pending on the USCIS website.

Good Luck!!!

The Journey Home

Naturalization

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

No, I did not send a copy of the blank pages. That might be the problem! :crying:

BTW, the website does not say anything and that tells me that is not updated properly or regulary!

There's no "might" about it. Always read carefully and interpret literally. For an RFE, always respond exactly as instructed. Read the RFE instructions carefully and interpret them literally. Follow the same principle throughout the immigration process. It will serve you well.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got that same RFE letter...it was because I didn't provide a copy of my passport book in it's entirety--including blank pages! It doesn't say so in the instructions, but somewhere else I read in one of the other forms it does, so I was anticipating that my file would be returned with a request for more information...

This delayed my processing for about 2 weeks I guess.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

I got that same RFE letter...it was because I didn't provide a copy of my passport book in it's entirety--including blank pages! It doesn't say so in the instructions, but somewhere else I read in one of the other forms it does, so I was anticipating that my file would be returned with a request for more information...

Thanks, i can deal with 2 weeks. :thumbs:

Thanks, i can deal with 2 weeks. :thumbs:

I just sent Overnight Certified Mail with all the proper documents. Now we will see how long this waiting game will take! :wacko:

Timeline

Good Luck!!!!

The Journey Home

Naturalization

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I agree, it doesnt , i didnt send copies of the blank pages either, but i was fine....this is weird

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.