VictoriaUSA

Can hubby travel after interview w/stamp, or wait for card?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our interview is coming up for I-485 and we are trying to figure out if we'll be able to travel out of the country if they give him the stamp at the interview (do they do that?) or do we have to wait for the actual green card?

Thanks!

المغرب بلد جميل!

أدرس اللغة العربية منذ شهر

LOL!!!!

Our interview is coming up for I-485 and we are trying to figure out if we'll be able to travel out of the country if they give him the stamp at the interview (do they do that?) or do we have to wait for the actual green card?

Thanks!

The I-551 stamp (if they'll do it) will be good for re-entry to the US.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

i asked for a stamp in the passport but she didnt do it..she asked if there is an emergency and i have to go out of the country and i said no..she said so u have to wait for the card...

AOS Timeline

08/13/08 AOS sent
08/18/08 NOA1
08/22/08 Appointment Biomentrics
09/10/08 Biometrics done
09/11/08 RFE
09/18/08 Case transfered to NBC
10/16/08 EAD approved
10/24/08 EAD approved again
10/27/08 EAD in Mail
10/28/08 applied for SSN (not verified)still waiting:-(
12/18/08 got my SSN today YEAHHHHH
12/30/08 passed my TX DL today YIPPIEEEEEEE
03/03/09 Interview ,approved...thanks god:-)
03/09/09 Welcome letter in Mail.Juhuuuuuuuu
03/16/09 Green Card in Mail:-)))))

02/02/10 I-751 Waiver to VSC
02/08/10 NOA1
02/17/10 Check cashed
04/15/10 Biometrics
07/26/10 Interview
08/06/10 Approved ,thanks god juhuuuuuuuuuuuu
08/16/10 Greencard in Mail,done for ten years:-))

N-400 here we go in the last round

12/09/2013 N-400 to Dallas

12/13/2013 NOA1

12/18/2013 check cashed

01/03/2014 Biometrics

02/04/2014 in line for Interview

04/11/2014 Interview& Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have immediate travel plans you will need to bring proof of your plans with you to show that you would not receive the green card in time to meet those plans. Usually they do not give the I-551 stamp but tell you to wait for the green card since it is usually only a few weeks at the most. The stamp is available for the times when a green card is not going to be available.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline
If you have immediate travel plans you will need to bring proof of your plans with you to show that you would not receive the green card in time to meet those plans. Usually they do not give the I-551 stamp but tell you to wait for the green card since it is usually only a few weeks at the most. The stamp is available for the times when a green card is not going to be available.

i guess it depends on the IO, i had my interview on Feb 19th and she actually gave me the option of waitin 2 hours to have my passport stamped or just going home and waiting for the card in the mail. i opted to wait!

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

i asked for a stamp in the passport but she didnt do it..she asked if there is an emergency and i have to go out of the country and i said no..she said so u have to wait for the card...

Same here, instead he told me to use the AP documents if I had to leave before I actually received the GC.. and if they were used, and I needed to go in case of an emergency, all I had to do is come down to their office, show the ticket and they would still give me the stamp.

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.