al-Hubb jameel

Sugaring?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi! I'd like to try sugaring (sugar waxing). Has anyone here tried it? I'm interested making/using in the the one that doesn't require the strips. (I saw instructions for both online) If you have any tips or words of wisdom, please share!!! Thanks!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Funny u mention that. I just heard on the radio that New Jersey is banning bakini waxes b/c alot of women are getting infections b/c of 'double dipping' the sticks. EWWW!!!! (bakini wax in new jersey is already illegal, but they are seeking to actually enforce it now, it actually made the front page headline) Ive never gotten anything like that done professionally, ive waxed myself, and i think its fine, but if you do do it, just be aware that the person is wearing gloves and if you see them double dipping, ...ehmm... run away.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline
Funny u mention that. I just heard on the radio that New Jersey is banning bakini waxes b/c alot of women are getting infections b/c of 'double dipping' the sticks. EWWW!!!! (bakini wax in new jersey is already illegal, but they are seeking to actually enforce it now, it actually made the front page headline) Ive never gotten anything like that done professionally, ive waxed myself, and i think its fine, but if you do do it, just be aware that the person is wearing gloves and if you see them double dipping, ...ehmm... run away.

OMG that is so gross. :wacko: I wouldn't be surprised if that is happening here in south FL too, just no one has caught on to it yet. Or they have and looked the other way... :(

I want to make the sugar wax at home and do it myself! I know it's big in Middle East, so that is why I thought maybe someone in this forum has done it. I think it's called Halawa(sp?) I'm not sure if this link will work, but here it is on youtube in Iran. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FShR0WreBj0

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline
My mom has always used the sugar wax. She uses strips though. It works really well compared to regular waxing! I cant wax period so I am no help.. LOL

Brittany

I hear you! My friend from Italy got her first leg waxing when she was 12 years old and now she can do it without even flinching! Myself, on the other hand, am the worlds biggest baby and have to take a bunch ofIB Profin first and still cry!!! Not to mention it's expensive!! And after reading what GueraKristina wrote about NJ, I'm in no hurry to go back to a salon!!!

But I hear the sugar doesn't hurt as much as the regular because it only grabs the hair, not the skin. I will probably end up using the strips if I can't get the right consistancy of it to use without the strips. It looks less painful to me without the strips!!!! And it looks fun!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I've done sugar waxing in Morocco and I didn't like it because you felt all sticky afterwards and I still shaved right after - but they were soft!

I often wax my eyebrows and lip (but I want to try threading) and I get my legs, arms, and bikini wax every time I go see my hubby :) I think i'm used to the pain by now, but I still sometimes flinch

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

I tried waxing myself and was painfully unsuccessful. Also, I used to have my eyebrows done professionally but do beware of double dipping, it's nasty, in a pinch I went to one place where I get pedicures and she did waxing too, well she slobbed it on one side then before I could open my mouth, dipped it in again and slobbed it on the other. I broke out in tiny little whiteheads by the next morning. I was so traumatized that I haven't gotten a pedicure or a waxed anywhere since.

I know that wasn't helpful on sugaring but just wanted to say beware and good luck.

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Timeline
I've done sugar waxing in Morocco and I didn't like it because you felt all sticky afterwards and I still shaved right after - but they were soft!

I often wax my eyebrows and lip (but I want to try threading) and I get my legs, arms, and bikini wax every time I go see my hubby :) I think i'm used to the pain by now, but I still sometimes flinch

You had to shave right after? That's not a good sign! I tried the eyebrow threading and to me it was much more painful than the eyebrow waxing. But sounds like you have a good threshold for pain! :star: The bikini is the worst!!! :crying: I'm trying to perfect this now because I'm going back to Jordan next month and I'd like to do it before go. (L)

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline
I tried waxing myself and was painfully unsuccessful. Also, I used to have my eyebrows done professionally but do beware of double dipping, it's nasty, in a pinch I went to one place where I get pedicures and she did waxing too, well she slobbed it on one side then before I could open my mouth, dipped it in again and slobbed it on the other. I broke out in tiny little whiteheads by the next morning. I was so traumatized that I haven't gotten a pedicure or a waxed anywhere since.

I know that wasn't helpful on sugaring but just wanted to say beware and good luck.

You poor thing! No wonder your are scared to go back for a pedi or a wax!! I would be too. I used to always get my brows done at the same place every time, but once I was getting my hair cut at a really nice expensive salon and when she finished my new cut, I noticed how bad my brows were. So I asked her to do them. She went over the same place 3 times, and it turned into a swollen, bloody mess. I still have the scar today, 5 years later!!!! Oh, and I tipped her...don't ask me why. I was terrified of wax after that, which is why I tried the threading. Now I'm back on wax for brows, but you are the second person to warn of double dipping and you better believe I will be watching carefully from now on!!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

OUCH! Still have a scar that's horrible!! She's lucky you aren't sue happy. So could you fill me in on what is eyebrow threading?

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Timeline
OUCH! Still have a scar that's horrible!! She's lucky you aren't sue happy. So could you fill me in on what is eyebrow threading?

THanks for your sympathy!! Here is a youtube video about threading.

They say it's not painful but I disagree. It feels like tweezing, so you feel each and every individual hair coming out, which to me is not comfortable, even though they do it extremely fast. For eyebrows I prefer the wax (when it's done right!!!) just because they're all pulled out at once. Then again, maybe the person who was doing my threading was doing it wrong which made it painful. Maybe I should try again with someone else. I don't think I could do it on my own- looks really complicated! What do you think?

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

very interesting... however it did look like her skin was being pinched in the thread as well when the hair was getting pulled out which definitely is painful. Other than that it does seem just like tweezing. I don't find tweezing my eyebrows painful at all anymore so I'm willing to give it a go...

I like how she added, practice practice and watch out not to pull out the hairs you want ;) hehe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

They say it's not painful but I disagree. It feels like tweezing, so you feel each and every individual hair coming out, which to me is not comfortable, even though they do it extremely fast. For eyebrows I prefer the wax (when it's done right!!!) just because they're all pulled out at once. Then again, maybe the person who was doing my threading was doing it wrong which made it painful. Maybe I should try again with someone else. I don't think I could do it on my own- looks really complicated! What do you think?

No they weren't doing it wrong it hurts like hell. But if you do it on a regular basis it starts to hurt less you get more used to it. However, in my experiece some people do have a lighter touch than others. I always had my whole face done and I always cried involuntarily when they did my lip. You know I think Mena people are obsessed because they find hair i never knew I had, or maybe it's cuz I'm blind as a bat.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No they weren't doing it wrong it hurts like hell. But if you do it on a regular basis it starts to hurt less you get more used to it. However, in my experiece some people do have a lighter touch than others. I always had my whole face done and I always cried involuntarily when they did my lip. You know I think Mena people are obsessed because they find hair i never knew I had, or maybe it's cuz I'm blind as a bat.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Here is my take on waxing. I have found that many white women with the lighter white hairs on their legs will have a very difficult time with sugar wax. Sugar wax works great for darker, courser hair but hardly works on those of us with light hair. I made the sugar wax several times and each time it didn't take much hair off, it still hurt and it took up too many hours of my time. Just to check, I had a roomate who was half Mexican with the darker and thicker hair. The same wax that wouldn't work for me, I put it on her and her hair came right off. After that I went through many types of waxes they had in the store. Some are better than others. I found the ones with strips work better for me. I can grin and bear it through the pain of waxing, but I got tired of it. It took me over two hours, maybe three, just to wax my legs. Then, once I did it, it only lasted a few weeks before I would have to do it again. I finally told my husband that it was just too ridiculous and I was going back to shaving my legs. I did find a great wax that gets every hair and doesn't use strips for my bikini area. I still wax that area and sometimes my face though you really can't see the hair on my face either unless you look really close. I also figured out the fastest way to get rid of the hair on the rest of you is Nair. It takes ten minutes and lasts a couple weeks, almost no pain if you are careful and use the sensitive formula (I break out in a rash with regular Nair).

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.