taj'samericanwife

suggesttions for a new laptop

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi everyone, my computer crashed on me. i am so pissed...all my files are gone including our chat logs, my personal lists, esp the ones i made for our I 130 journey =( ...and it would probably cost 200$ to have to fixed. i guess its better for me to get a laptop instead...my budget is between 400 - 500$, i dont want an acer...maybe a compaq, dell or toshiba? can anyone help me?

i use it mainly for:

email, checking status of our case, chatting with hubby (already have webcam and mic), and i need to reinstall my review cds again for my exam, and i probably will lay off the downloading of music online for now, that might have caused it to crash!

please help

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accer are POS

I run a HP Laptop, my wife has a Dell Laptop

Seems like about the same laptop to me

We paid around $600 for each.......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi everyone, my computer crashed on me. i am so pissed...all my files are gone including our chat logs, my personal lists, esp the ones i made for our I 130 journey =( ...and it would probably cost 200$ to have to fixed. i guess its better for me to get a laptop instead...my budget is between 400 - 500$, i dont want an acer...maybe a compaq, dell or toshiba? can anyone help me?

i use it mainly for:

email, checking status of our case, chatting with hubby (already have webcam and mic), and i need to reinstall my review cds again for my exam, and i probably will lay off the downloading of music online for now, that might have caused it to crash!

please help

hello,, i do have the same probz like yours too ,,,, i have acer laptop and it crashed and all of my files were lots, mannnnn tht would supposed to be our supporting documents....

what i did is just after chatting with my fiancee i do all saved in my email add...

i think that would be the best thing you need to do starting now

"Patience is the greatest of all virtues"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i recommend mac no virus and user friendly as well but higher prices but its worth the price :star:

K1 Timeline

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Timeline

i saw some great deals from best buy... and i am eyeing on the following...can anyone give me their thoughts about these laptops?

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/con...ops_great_deals

the best buy website is not working today so i cant paste the link...but anyway is this a good deal guys?

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
i saw some great deals from best buy... and i am eyeing on the following...can anyone give me their thoughts about these laptops?

the best buy website is not working today so i cant paste the link...but anyway is this a good deal guys?

deals2buy is a good website to shop cheap!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not quite familiar with dell but I learned from my former colleague who is knowledgable with computers that apple, hp and compaq (under HP brand) notebooks are good. The inside features of the notebook matter most.

If you are fond of downloading stuffs from internet, you should have quality and updated software and protection for some viruses, worms, spyware and other stuffs that may damage your files and hard drive of your pc.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

unrelated to pi regional - moving to ot.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i have a Dell and no issues....i use it seldom.....like my PC much better..but useful on trips and away from home

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
i recommend mac no virus and user friendly as well but higher prices but its worth the price :star:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::dance:

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Timeline

WHY DID U MOVE ME I WAS TALKING TO PINOYS MAN!

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,..

this may help..since you said you just like a computer which will serve you for chatting, e-mail, webcam, mic.. mp3's or i-tunes download..and downloading from cd's.... and you have a budget of $400-500.... simple... get a DELL inspiron Mini laptop...this, you can custumize meaning adding additinal memory to your pc.. you might want to get the simple Windows XP since Ubuntu is for developers and programmmers.....Mini's are in nowadays especially for women..you can just bring it everywhere you go especially when you are a tech savvvvvyyy...like me..

This has great specks... I trully recommenD THIS..

take it from a WOMAN ENGINEER.........me..

sorry but to tell you this but cd's are (outdated) faceoff nowadays,,.you can actually download everything online.... to review for your NCLEX.. asks for website where you can download the tutorials you can review for..you can actually purchase this online..

To keep your computer from crashing..make sure you got anti-virus protection on like AVG or MCAfee.

and it is always good to have a back up-memory like a Storage SDHC Flashmemory card.. that way when you need to change your OS or reformat.. you got everything stored.... or to make it simple..have a simple USB (Universal Serial Hub) that you can connect to your USB port...

Hope that helps...

i use it mainly for:

please help

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I heard that circuit city is closing out so, if you are trying to save money. they are on sale.... circuit city almost has the same things that best buy has..

doesn't really matter what type of computer you have..I mean I can have a simple desktop with 512MB only..hehehe..

It depends,..as long as you know how to use it... I have a TOSHIBA with a 3GB memory..it's not an apple or MAC but it is running on UBUNTU...heheheh.. I am satisfied with that..I am planning on upgrading it though when I have the budget for it.. Ask me anything...hehehehe...

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dell PCs are OK but tend to be a bit overpriced, from what I've seen.

Went to Circuit City a few times (the ones around where we live are all closed now) but didn't think much of their bargains - certainly on appliances.