HaPPyFeEt

inspected by Immigration Officer

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Another quick question.......in I-485 part 3 where there is a question of last entry into US....I first entered through JFK and my last destination was LAX. so I filled it as LOS ANGELES. But the next questions states if I was inspected by an immigration officer....sgould it be yes or no? I was inspected only on my first entry which is JFK not my last entry.

US Entry: Flying to US, POE JFk- 27/11/08

Married on: FEBRUARY 10.2009 - Finally =D

AOS,EAD & AP (K1)

Filed on: March 13 2009- Chicago Lockbox

Recieved our pckge: March 17 2009

Check cashed: March 24 2009

NOA for AOS,EAD&AP: March 25 2009(Rcpt dated March 23 2009)

Biometrics: April 10, 2009

AP Recieved: May 15, 2009

EAD Card Rcvd: May 22, 2009

Interview: June 05, 2009approved!

Rcvd GC: July 02,2009

I was wondering the same thing, i put no for that, b/c i kinda had no clue what they were asking. Alfredo (my husband) wasnt inspected really by anybody, he just got his I-94 at the port of entry and crossed over into el paso texas, so i just said no, i dont think its that big of a deal, so i personally didnt worry about it. I sent my AOS paperwork yesterday, so i guess we will find out eventually... :whistle:

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I've heard about somebody who wrote NO and the petition got rejected. Everyone MUST be inspected by an officer - if you were not, that means you crossed the border illegal. :)

Have you been checked by an officer on the airport? Did he take your paperwork from you? Did he stamp your visa?

That's what it means.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You were inspected if you crossed the border in front of a border official. Inspection doesn't mean being taken into a room and questioned, it means presenting yourself and your documents at a legal US border and being admitted with the permission of the border official. You need to answer 'yes' to the question "Were you inspected" and you need to list the POE - where you first entered the US, so in the case of the OP that would be JFK, not LAX.

As Camilla said, if you wrote no it means you entered illegally and will be grounds for denial. Hopefully, the official will realize you wrote no in error when you include the other documentation such as the I-94. If you get a denial you will need to re-submit everything all over again with the correct information and the new fee.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

F**K!!!!! i hope that doesnt happen to us. Just a little mistake like that hopefully will be overlooked. My heart is racing right now, and im having trouble typing.. ahhh panic attack coming.... :crying:

Now that i think about it, i sent copies of my husbands I-94 which is what he got when he crossed the POE into El paso, that is a DUH given that he got inspected right? i also sent copies of his K-1 visa in his passport, that stuff is proof that he got inspected right?

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

APPROVED!!!!

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

I just found another post on the same question and someone put "if you have the I-94 that was processed by a border officer you were inspected ", do you guys think that this will be balanced out and realize that i just made a mistake on the paperwork? :blink:

APPROVED!!!!

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
I've heard about somebody who wrote NO and the petition got rejected. Everyone MUST be inspected by an officer - if you were not, that means you crossed the border illegal. :)

Have you been checked by an officer on the airport? Did he take your paperwork from you? Did he stamp your visa?

That's what it means.

Well...I guess i need to read between the lines sometimes...=P

US Entry: Flying to US, POE JFk- 27/11/08

Married on: FEBRUARY 10.2009 - Finally =D

AOS,EAD & AP (K1)

Filed on: March 13 2009- Chicago Lockbox

Recieved our pckge: March 17 2009

Check cashed: March 24 2009

NOA for AOS,EAD&AP: March 25 2009(Rcpt dated March 23 2009)

Biometrics: April 10, 2009

AP Recieved: May 15, 2009

EAD Card Rcvd: May 22, 2009

Interview: June 05, 2009approved!

Rcvd GC: July 02,2009

Timeline

Yes, hopefully the officer will look at the evidence and realize that it might be an error. If they have questions still, hopefully they will call you for an interview and you will have the opportunity to explain what happened. I don't know if it is a worthwhile suggestion or not, but you might want to make an Infopass appointment at your local USCIS and meet with an immigration officer to explain in person your misunderstanding and ask them if they could make a notation on your file to that effect, or at least advise you on what to expect or how to proceed. Maybe being proactive might get the information corrected before it is reviewed. You can make an infopass at http://www.uscis.gov - right hand column you will see 'schedule an appointment'. I believe you would check the 'other information' option. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

Ok, this was just posted in the other AOS forum for someone who made errors on their AOS application. You can follow the same advice.

"I called today and they told me that once I get the receipts that I can call in and make whatever changes I need too to our applications. I hope they don't take this as us trying to be fraudulent."

When i get the reciepts, ok, do they come with a number on the top that i can call if there are errors or something? Or do you know of a specific place where i can get the number? im assuming that the number will be on the top of the page, or should i just contact USCIS?

APPROVED!!!!

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
You were inspected if you crossed the border in front of a border official. Inspection doesn't mean being taken into a room and questioned, it means presenting yourself and your documents at a legal US border and being admitted with the permission of the border official. You need to answer 'yes' to the question "Were you inspected" and you need to list the POE - where you first entered the US, so in the case of the OP that would be JFK, not LAX.

As Camilla said, if you wrote no it means you entered illegally and will be grounds for denial. Hopefully, the official will realize you wrote no in error when you include the other documentation such as the I-94. If you get a denial you will need to re-submit everything all over again with the correct information and the new fee.

In my I-485, I put "Tucson, AZ" as my place of last entry into the United States. The IO asked me that question at my interview about the place of my last entry in US. I told the IO " Tucson, AZ"...I clarrified this part 'coz the IO got mixed up with my responce. She asked me if I was inspected by US immigration officer and I said yes...she asked my where and I told here that " I was expected by US immigration officer at Calgary International Airport....

I guess it's very pertinent to put "YES" pertaining to that question. If you put "NO" it can be meant that you entered in the US illegally.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Timeline
When i get the reciepts, ok, do they come with a number on the top that i can call if there are errors or something? Or do you know of a specific place where i can get the number? im assuming that the number will be on the top of the page, or should i just contact USCIS?

You would call USCIS 1-800 number and there is a sequence of numbers to push that will get you to a live person. That person is a call center operator and not a USCIS officer, but they can forward the call to a USCIS officer. Insist that they do that. I don't recall if the 1-800 number is on the NOA receipt form or not, but your case number will be on that form and you will use that for them to connect with your file. If you don't get satisfaction by calling the 1-800 number, you can still make an InfoPass appointment and go in person to make the correction.

Don't freak out. Once you get your receipts, call 1-800 and tell them about the typo. But most like they will ask you to file a request in writing. Using the address on the receipt write a letter explaining your typo and also attach a copy of I-94.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What the english means in the question is:

Where was the location (place) where you were inspected by immigration officers during the "last time you entered" the USA. It you entered the USA only 2 times before, for example in Jan 2007 at JFK and in May 2008 at LAX, then the answer to the question is LAX. It is the location (place) where you were instpected by immigration officers during your last (most recent) time you entered the USA.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about!

That's what it means.

The Next Step is Removing Conditions!

0820120349b40a7377e80.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.