Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Dgard!!!!!! awesome!!!! My kingdom for a touch!!!

Were you able to find out anything when you called?

I called, but didn't speak to a live person. By the time I was done fiddling around with the combination of their phone system it was already closed! I'll have to try on Monday.

Still, a touch is a touch :dance: :dance: :dance:

We'll see where that leads :unsure:

You are NOA1 03/12, you will be getting your NOA2 This week......

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline
I posted my theory in the feb thread... I believe it is political.. with the fiscal year end coming up in Sept.

Yeah, you may be onto something there. It sure is keeping the "majority" pleased while those left behind are simply the "exception" to the rule.

Stay positive, we'll all hear something soon. I only got that touch on the 21st after what...25%+ of April was approved? Still have no idea if it's an approval, RFE, or just a "touch" either. Annoying :diablo: :diablo: :diablo::jest:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
finally updated our timeline... NOA2 on August 21, 2009 - after 132 days!

Congratulations!!!!

April 4, 2009: K1 petition sent to VSC

April 7, 2009: Received by USCIS(VSC)

April 11, 2009: NOA1 hard copy received by my fiance through mail

August 24, 2009: Touched and it says that Petition for Alien Fiancee was approved dated August 23, 2009

August 25, 2009: Touched again

August 28, 2009: Received by NVC

August 29, 2009: NOA2 hardcopy received by my fiance through mail

September 1, 2009: Fiance called at NVC (Under Additional Processing)

October 01, 2009: NVC left(Praise the Lord!!)

October 15, 2009: Interview...VISA APPROVED!!!

October 21, 2009: Received text from Air21 that my Visa will be delivered soon

October 22, 2009: VISA RECEIVED!!!

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Just got home. Checked the USCIS site as was "touched" today. No clue as to what that means exactly. No email or change of status yet, but thinking of calling to see if I can get anymore info. Would be nice to hear something before the weekend. Gonna kill me to wait 2 days! :jest:

Which # is everyone calling? 1-800-375-5283 ? What's the trick to getting a live person? :P

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww dgard :dance::dance: finally a touch!!!!good for you.,,update::my SO arrived friday in philadelphia, pa connection to washington,,and had no problem getting thru customs even with NOA2 approval,,,,they asked him "what is the motive of your visit" and he answered "i am on vacation" then they asked "why are you staying at this adress and not a hotel" and he said "because i want my dad and son to see where my fiance lives" and they said" your fiance?" and my SO said "yes, we are applying for the K1 visa , do you want to see the documents?" and he said "no, its ok, but are you sure you are returning on this date to ITALY" and my SO said "yes, my son starts school then" then they said "ok, have a nice vacation and stamped his passport for 90days!!!! so you can visit even after NOA2,, just be prepared to answer questions and have documents ready if needed(although they didnt even look at them)) ok,,,,ciaooooooooo,,,,i am so busy with my special visitors,,,,and almost forgot to say that i received packet 3 august 21,,, things are rolling so fastttttttttt.................ciao ,,,hugs and kisses to all

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just got home. Checked the USCIS site as was "touched" today. No clue as to what that means exactly. No email or change of status yet, but thinking of calling to see if I can get anymore info. Would be nice to hear something before the weekend. Gonna kill me to wait 2 days! :jest:

Which # is everyone calling? 1-800-375-5283 ? What's the trick to getting a live person? :P

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww dgard :dance::dance: finally a touch!!!!good for you.,,update::my SO arrived friday in philadelphia, pa connection to washington,,and had no problem getting thru customs even with NOA2 approval,,,,they asked him "what is the motive of your visit" and he answered "i am on vacation" then they asked "why are you staying at this adress and not a hotel" and he said "because i want my dad and son to see where my fiance lives" and they said" your fiance?" and my SO said "yes, we are applying for the K1 visa , do you want to see the documents?" and he said "no, its ok, but are you sure you are returning on this date to ITALY" and my SO said "yes, my son starts school then" then they said "ok, have a nice vacation and stamped his passport for 90days!!!! so you can visit even after NOA2,, just be prepared to answer questions and have documents ready if needed(although they didnt even look at them)) ok,,,,ciaooooooooo,,,,i am so busy with my special visitors,,,,and almost forgot to say that i received packet 3 august 21,,, things are rolling so fastttttttttt.................ciao ,,,hugs and kisses to all

congratulations to everyone who got their NOA2 already. it start to depress me now 'coz we still haven't got ours and not even any touches on the uscis website. i really feel like crying everyday when i check the mail and no NOA2 yet. hu hu hu.....

MY TIMELINE

MARCH 10, 2009 - I-129F MAILED TO VSC

MARCH 24, 2099 - NOA1 RECEIVED

SEPTEMBER 1 2009 - RFE RECEIVED

SEPTEMBER 2 2009 - RFE SENT

SEPTEMBER 21 2009-I-129F APPROVED

JANUARY 16, 2010- ARRIVED IN ORLANDO FLORIDA

APRIL 5, 2010 - GETTING MARRIED

Timeline

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while - been pretty crazy. I've started to add a comment or two, but I feel almost guilty since we got our NOA2 and so many others are waiting. Crazy to feel that way, I know. Nevertheless....

Just an update on us and how post-NOA2 has been so far. NVC got our paperwork last Monday and sent it to the embassy on Tuesday (8/18). I waited to call until 8/19 and it was already through. Calling NVC was painless except the number was busy a lot so it took a while to get through. Once connected, very fast and efficient. They gave me the Case Number assigned (see below) but I also got a copy in the mail from NVC on Saturday with that information.

I've tracked what I believe is our package from NVC using the link http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef I entered "EXP 18 AUG 2009A" as the reference and chose dates to/from of 8/17 and 8/19. It's documented elsewhere on how to do this, but if you need any assistance, send me a PM and I'd be happy to assist. Anyway, it looks like the package is in Manila now, but hasn't been signed for at the embassy.

Amy has her medical tomorrow. For Manila, it's first-come, first-serve. So all she needed was the print of the NOA2 notification email and the Case Number assigned by NVC (not the EAC number from VSC), along with passport photos.

We hope everyone from March gets approved soonest. My sprinklers are on right now and my pom-poms are out. Hang in there and let me know if I can be of any help. And be ready - as others have said, things happen fast once this step is done.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while - been pretty crazy. I've started to add a comment or two, but I feel almost guilty since we got our NOA2 and so many others are waiting. Crazy to feel that way, I know. Nevertheless....

Just an update on us and how post-NOA2 has been so far. NVC got our paperwork last Monday and sent it to the embassy on Tuesday (8/18). I waited to call until 8/19 and it was already through. Calling NVC was painless except the number was busy a lot so it took a while to get through. Once connected, very fast and efficient. They gave me the Case Number assigned (see below) but I also got a copy in the mail from NVC on Saturday with that information.

I've tracked what I believe is our package from NVC using the link http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef I entered "EXP 18 AUG 2009A" as the reference and chose dates to/from of 8/17 and 8/19. It's documented elsewhere on how to do this, but if you need any assistance, send me a PM and I'd be happy to assist. Anyway, it looks like the package is in Manila now, but hasn't been signed for at the embassy.

Amy has her medical tomorrow. For Manila, it's first-come, first-serve. So all she needed was the print of the NOA2 notification email and the Case Number assigned by NVC (not the EAC number from VSC), along with passport photos.

We hope everyone from March gets approved soonest. My sprinklers are on right now and my pom-poms are out. Hang in there and let me know if I can be of any help. And be ready - as others have said, things happen fast once this step is done.

I have missed you!!! So glad you are back and posting again!!! When do you expect her interview to be scheduled, do you know? It looks like you are moving pretty fast!! Wil you go for her interview?

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
I have missed you!!! So glad you are back and posting again!!! When do you expect her interview to be scheduled, do you know? It looks like you are moving pretty fast!! Wil you go for her interview?

I've missed you too! I won't be going with her to the interview. They don't allow SO's in during the interview and from what I have read, there is little or no benefit. So will save the money and use it for some trips when she is here.

I don't know when she'll interview. We're waiting for the medical to be sure there are no snags. We're crossing our fingers she won't need a sputum culture, but it's always a possibility since there's a high percentage of folks who do require that. It'd mean an 8 week delay.

Also, she has a conference she needs to attend for her work, as well as training a replacement. I tried nudging her to just skip the conference, but she wouldn't feel comfortable doing that and I (reluctantly) agree it wouldn't be right.

I didn't go back too far in catching up, but didn't see any update on your and Lars? Any word?

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've missed you too! I won't be going with her to the interview. They don't allow SO's in during the interview and from what I have read, there is little or no benefit. So will save the money and use it for some trips when she is here.

I don't know when she'll interview. We're waiting for the medical to be sure there are no snags. We're crossing our fingers she won't need a sputum culture, but it's always a possibility since there's a high percentage of folks who do require that. It'd mean an 8 week delay.

Also, she has a conference she needs to attend for her work, as well as training a replacement. I tried nudging her to just skip the conference, but she wouldn't feel comfortable doing that and I (reluctantly) agree it wouldn't be right.

I didn't go back too far in catching up, but didn't see any update on your and Lars? Any word?

Dear Stan,

You rock, you rock, you rock! I had no idea you could sort of track the DHL package that they sent from NVC. I followed your instructions and here is what I found.

A package that could be mine (because it was sent by the Department of State) reads as follows.

Shipment delivered.

Delivered on: 8/20/2009 12:20 pm

Signed for by: MARTHA ACUNA

I guess it could be a different person's package but I'm gonna go ahead and think it is mine. There are two other people that have similar timelines to mine though.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Timeline

My paperwork has been at the NVC since Aug 10th while I keep seeing how others are in and out in a couple of days. Seems like things there are just as screwed up as at the USCIS. Not sure what "additional processing" they could be doing all this time.

Timeline

Had a touch today and an email from CRIS. Requested documents received, case active again. Approval soon I hope!!

Timeline

So glad to hear from you Stan! It's been a little while, hasn't it? :P Yep it sure does seem like things are going quickly for you now. We're all hoping that Amy won't have any issues with her Medical and no delays will follow! You'll be together so soon! Amazing the difference of waiting for the NOA2 and just a short while after...it's barely comparable. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Also, I received the Approval Notice this morning both in my email and updated on the USCIS Website.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On August 21, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

So looks like that touch was an approval then! One weird thing was when I checked the USCIS site after I received the email this morning I was "touched" again today. Wonder what they're doing :jest: :jest:

The VSC *is* working. If you haven't had any news or touches yet it's coming!

Timeline

So glad to hear from you Stan! It's been a little while, hasn't it? :P Yep it sure does seem like things are going quickly for you now. We're all hoping that Amy won't have any issues with her Medical and no delays will follow! You'll be together so soon! Amazing the difference of waiting for the NOA2 and just a short while after...it's barely comparable. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Also, I received the Approval Notice this morning both in my email and updated on the USCIS Website.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On August 21, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

So looks like that touch was an approval then! One weird thing was when I checked the USCIS site after I received the email this morning I was "touched" again today. Wonder what they're doing :jest: :jest:

The VSC *is* working. If you haven't had any news or touches yet it's coming!

Driving right now so I woll be brief. YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Congrats Dgard! Interesting that both yours and Missy's statuses (stati?) were updated on Sunday morning. Wonder what's up with that?

Anyway, nice to see that they are working on (some) March petitions. :)

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
Had a touch today and an email from CRIS. Requested documents received, case active again. Approval soon I hope!!

Nice!!! They received those quickly and even updated on a Sunday?! Awesome! :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.