Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks, my gut tells me the same thing. I get annoyed when people whine that after waiting for 2-3 months they haven't heard anything. We all know that 5 months is the best we can hope for. So 6 is more realistic. I'll sit tight. I'm a bit worried that mine will take longer than usual because there is extra stuff in it. My attorney instructed us to include stuff we won't need til the interview in the original package -- only after we sent it did I find out through these forums that we didn't need that stuff right away. I'm particularly mad at her because she wouldn't file our petition until we had everything, and the police certificates took months to get. We could have filed back in October without them. So after waiting ages to file, now we have to get more police certificates because the ones in our package will be too old. And for this I paid THOUSANDS of dollars! I work for a non-profit, so you can imagine how upset I have been. Ron tell me not to worry, it's in the past...but I'm still annoyed. If I've learned anything from this process, it's to do my own research! Wow I've been waiting months to say that. It's good to vent to people who understand!

-Jody

We do understand, Jody - we do, we do, we do. Hang in there - things are happening.

At the risk of getting a virtual flogging, this is really all my fault. As I mentioned earlier, we've been experiencing a drought - not one like Richard had (5 years??? - wow), but my poor lawn has suffered as a result. This morning I woke up early to turn on my sprinkler system so it would be reasonably dry before the "water restriction gestapo" made the rounds. It was about half way through the stations when it started pouring down rain. Now that it's raining, the NOA2's are flowing.

So if I had turned on my sprinklers sooner, we'd all be discussing interviews. Sorry guys.......... :blush:

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Heh, I couldn't blame you if I tried. but thanks for helping to ease the frustration. :) You really always know just what to say!

June 1997 - Met at summer camp; became friends over the next two years but lost touch

August 2007 - Ron finds Jody on Facebook and relationship begins

September 2007 - Ron visits Jody in US

October 2007 - Ron visits Jody in US on and off for 9 months

July 17, 2008 - Ron returns to Germany

August 20, 2009 - Jody visited Ron in Germany for 10 days after 13 months apart!

May 15, 2010 - Ron visited Jody on VWP

Legally married - May 20, 2010 (after 13 years, couldn't stand being apart anymore!)

AOS postmarked - August 17, 2010

AOS NOA1 - August 25, 2010

AOS interview (rescheduled from Jan. due to winter storm closing) - March 17, 2001 - APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Thanks, my gut tells me the same thing. I get annoyed when people whine that after waiting for 2-3 months they haven't heard anything. We all know that 5 months is the best we can hope for. So 6 is more realistic. I'll sit tight. I'm a bit worried that mine will take longer than usual because there is extra stuff in it. My attorney instructed us to include stuff we won't need til the interview in the original package -- only after we sent it did I find out through these forums that we didn't need that stuff right away. I'm particularly mad at her because she wouldn't file our petition until we had everything, and the police certificates took months to get. We could have filed back in October without them. So after waiting ages to file, now we have to get more police certificates because the ones in our package will be too old. And for this I paid THOUSANDS of dollars! I work for a non-profit, so you can imagine how upset I have been. Ron tell me not to worry, it's in the past...but I'm still annoyed. If I've learned anything from this process, it's to do my own research! Wow I've been waiting months to say that. It's good to vent to people who understand!

-Jody

We do understand, Jody - we do, we do, we do. Hang in there - things are happening.

At the risk of getting a virtual flogging, this is really all my fault. As I mentioned earlier, we've been experiencing a drought - not one like Richard had (5 years??? - wow), but my poor lawn has suffered as a result. This morning I woke up early to turn on my sprinkler system so it would be reasonably dry before the "water restriction gestapo" made the rounds. It was about half way through the stations when it started pouring down rain. Now that it's raining, the NOA2's are flowing.

So if I had turned on my sprinklers sooner, we'd all be discussing interviews. Sorry guys.......... :blush:

whip-smiley.gif

Stan... turn on those sprinklers everyday :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance:

I am at work now and just received an email from USCIS...We have received our approval. I just called Alicia and woke her up in the middle of the night to share the news...I am not cruel, I warned her no matter what time when I found out that she would be the first person I called.

Pop Pop Fizz Fizz Oh what a relief it is.

It appears that the March Petitions are starting to roll out...To my fellow March Petitioners......Soon and Very Soon.

I thank God for bringing Alica and I together and I give thanks to God for continuing to watch over the process.

Karl and Alicia

Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif

waaaaaaaahhooooooooooooooo

Hello all,

I have been reading this thread for months and have finally decided to speak up. As if somehow keeping quiet meant that I could be patient... :-) My NOA1 date is 3/5/09. Seeing a 3/17 get their NOA2 makes me both happy and jealous -- I wish it really were first come first served! I can't decide whether to get my congressman involved after 5 months have passed, or 6 months...it will be 5 months in just a few days. I don't want to make things go slower...I imagine that getting politicians involved just causes things to move slower at VSC. Any thoughts? How long do you plan to wait before you get worried? After 5 months of being patient, at what point is it OK to be worried?

I think just a little more patience is needed... the USCIS seems to be in March and in earnest...

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Karl,

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! I wish you and Alicia continued success. :thumbs:

Processing Center - Vermont

Embassy - Manila, Philipines

USCIS

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-19

St. Luke's: November 12/13 2009 (Medical PASSED)

USEM Interview Date : 7:00am November 20th, 2009 A P P R O V E D ! ! ! !

Visa Received : 2009-12-05

US Entry : 2009-12-09

Marriage : 2010-03-09

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS JOURNEY- AOS

07/31/10- Package was sent to USCIS Lockbox in Chicago via USPS (I-485 & I-765)

08/04/10- USCIS received package - notification sent via text and email message

08/11/10- Notice Of Actions were received in the mail for I-485 & I-765

08/12/10- Check cashed

08/26/10- Case transferred to CSC

09/04/10- Touched

09/08/10- Touched

09/11/10- Biometrics Appointment letter received for 10/5/2010

10/5/10- Biometrics Successfull

10/5/10- EAD and AOS Touched

10/5/10- EAD card/document production was ordered

10/6/10- EAD and AOS Touched

10/8/10- EAD card production - 2nd order

10/13/10- Received EAD

10/20/10- I485 Card Production Ordered-1st order

10/21/10- I485 Card Production Ordered-2nd order

10/22/10- Received email notification, I485 was APPROVED

Timeline

Yes! four more today already :yes::yes:

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

After having no 'action' every time I go to USCIS to check our update, we had a touch on July 28th. I am praying we get our NOA-2 soon. Did they only finally just now look at our application after all these months? Just so crazy.... happy to hear others have gotten theirs, hope we are next!!!!

Timeline
After having no 'action' every time I go to USCIS to check our update, we had a touch on July 28th. I am praying we get our NOA-2 soon. Did they only finally just now look at our application after all these months? Just so crazy.... happy to hear others have gotten theirs, hope we are next!!!!

A touch can be a very good sign. Some have had a touch before getting the NOA2 and it is believed it can happen when they "scan" the box to take it to their desk. Here's hoping!

Did any others with a recent approval have a touch before the NOA2?

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

OMG!! are they REALLY finally working on MARCH?? somebody smack me becuase i cant believe it!!congrats to all my family who have received NOA2.........makes the rest of us a little less crazy.....i cant wait to get ours....i have a question, if my SO is here when we get the NOA2, can we send the fax to the embassy from here and they will accept it???? or does he have to send ot from Italy?? help

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

*smacks* (gently) Congratz to all new approvals!!! And Wow... a march 17 got approved? that's 1 day after me and my hubby........

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

Timeline
OMG!! are they REALLY finally working on MARCH?? somebody smack me becuase i cant believe it!!congrats to all my family who have received NOA2.........makes the rest of us a little less crazy.....i cant wait to get ours....i have a question, if my SO is here when we get the NOA2, can we send the fax to the embassy from here and they will accept it???? or does he have to send ot from Italy?? help

smack

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Timeline
My NOA1 was 03/06/09. I checked the USCIS online this morning at about 8:30 am and my updated status showed today's date 07/30/09. That was my first touch since receiving my NOA1. I received the NOA2 email at 12:45 pm. I was in a meeting so I did not see the email until about 2:30 pm. This morning I just assumed they were at least looking at my petition. I just feel like we are all going to see a lot of approvals in the next few days...just think when was the last time we have 4 approvals out of VSC on the same day. That has to be a very positive sign. Get ready.

Karl and Alicia

Someone to care, someone to share, lonely hours and moments of despair, to be loved, to be loved, oh what a feeling to be loved

Someone to kiss, someone to miss, when you're away to here for me today, to be love, to be loved, oh what a feeling to be loved

Some wish to be a king or a queen, some wish for fortune and fame, but to be, truly, truly, truly loved is more than all of these things

To be loved, to be love, to be love, oh what a feeling to be loved.

Jackie Wilson

My NOA1 was 03/06/09. I checked the USCIS online this morning at about 8:30 am and my updated status showed today's date 07/30/09. That was my first touch since receiving my NOA1. I received the NOA2 email at 12:45 pm. I was in a meeting so I did not see the email until about 2:30 pm. This morning I just assumed they were at least looking at my petition. I just feel like we are all going to see a lot of approvals in the next few days...just think when was the last time we have 4 approvals out of VSC on the same day. That has to be a very positive sign. Get ready.

Happy for you 2, Karl and Alicia! I wish you all the happiness...

Que vivan los novios!

Congrats! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.