kmike

Just wanted to share our experience

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Me and my wife had our interview last week and were recommended for approval. The interview went much easier than I expected. I have been VERY nervous about it for a long time. It's hard to have your future plans in the hands of someone else as I'm sure you all know!

The woman who interviewed us was very nice. She asked mainly questions about addresses, parents last names, birth places etc. She didn't want to see letters I had some friends write. She did look at photos we brought and those seemed to help our cause alot. She asked when we met, if we had visited each other often. Then she told us that we should be fine and to watch for the green card in the mail. She then handed us a recommendation for approval letter.

A little background on us... we met a couple years ago. Got married in late June of last year in the US and sent our packet in late November.

Everyone had been telling me not to worry since we had gotten married for all the right reasons and were trying to do things the right way. I knew that was true but its still nerve racking.

Edited by kmike

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats to y'all!!

Felicidades paisano(a)!!!

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Me and my wife had our interview last week and were recommended for approval. The interview went much easier than I expected. I have been VERY nervous about it for a long time. It's hard to have your future plans in the hands of someone else as I'm sure you all know!

The woman who interviewed us was very nice. She asked mainly questions about addresses, parents last names, birth places etc. She didn't want to see letters I had some friends write. She did look at photos we brought and those seemed to help our cause alot. She asked when we met, if we had visited each other often. Then she told us that we should be fine and to watch for the green card in the mail. She then handed us a recommendation for approval letter.

A little background on us... we met a couple years ago. Got married in late June of last year in the US and sent our packet in late November.

Everyone had been telling me not to worry since we had gotten married for all the right reasons and were trying to do things the right way. I knew that was true but its still nerve racking.

Congrats!

5-13-09: Green card approved.

6-24-09: Received green card.

8-13-11: Received 10-year green card.

2-21-12: Sent N-400 to Dallas Lock box.

7-18-12: Naturalization interview (passed!).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Felicidades!

**AOS**

12-13-2008 Wedding

01-26-2009 package sent (I-130, AOS, EAD)

02-04-2009 NOAs issued (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02-09-2009 NOAs received (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02-27-2009 Biometrics appointment

05-06-2009 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!! YAY!

05-11-2009 Welcome to the USA letter received

**ROC**

02-05-2011 ROC filed at California Service Center

02-11-2011 Received NOA (Dated 02-09-2011)

03-02-2011 Biometrics appointment

04-27-2011 ROC Approved

05-02-2011 10 years GC recieved

HWIkm8.png

1sRPp2.png

Congratulations!! :dance::dance:

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
We received the letter telling us that indeed our request was approved (welcome letter) a few days after the interview. Monday we received her green card!

:dance::dance::dance:

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats :dance::star::dance:

12/30/1999 -marriage to a US Citizen

01/31/2005 - applied for AOS (sent documents to Chicago lockbox)

03/21/2005 - Biometrics and fingerprinting done in Norfolk

11/14/2005 - Interview letter dated November 7th is received

01/23/2006 - Interview at Washington DC - APPROVED

02/03/2006 - RECEIVED MY PERMENANT RESIDENT CARD

10/31/2008 - Filed N400 at TSC

11/04/2008 - Application Received

11/28/2008 - Fingerprinting done in Norfolk VA

02/23/2009 - Interview in Dallas TX - not enough evidence on marriage -given till 03/23/2009 to submit all the necessary documents

2009 - CITIZEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.