July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

I never have understood the attraction to swiss chalet. The food is just blah. Not bad, but not great. That gravy you guys are talking about is just a powdered gravy that they add water to. I know, I worked in a place that made it. Also, has anyone else noticed that the median age in swiss chalet is like, I dunno-80?

The Swiss Chalet in my city is SO close to so many older people's apartments.

So most of the time it is the elderly.

I just like the sauce mostly.

I wonder if they build them close to seniors centers on purpose....it was the same thing in edmonton, there was a few seniors places right behind the swiss chalet. Hmmm...

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never have understood the attraction to swiss chalet. The food is just blah. Not bad, but not great. That gravy you guys are talking about is just a powdered gravy that they add water to. I know, I worked in a place that made it. Also, has anyone else noticed that the median age in swiss chalet is like, I dunno-80?

I wonder if they build them close to seniors centers on purpose....it was the same thing in edmonton, there was a few seniors places right behind the swiss chalet. Hmmm...

They're actually moving ours quite far away from where it is right now, I think it's going to get less business :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

They're actually moving ours quite far away from where it is right now, I think it's going to get less business :lol:

they're moving it out of walker/cane distance? :blink:

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

they're moving it out of walker/cane distance? :blink:

Yes, they're moving it to the other side of the city.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
just to let you know I am not scared of the neighbor ..lol I just don't feel comfortable answering the door that late at night

I don't blame you. I don't even like to answer the door during daylight hours. Charles would answer the door late at night though, but then again he's got his buddies, Smith & Wesson, with him.

:devil: you've been peeking, haven't you? you're spot on the money, a s&w .44 mag behind the door because it will go thru the door.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ethan is 10. That's what really made me upset. This kid is 14 and throwing kids who are that much younger than him down to the ground.

Oh well now the police are now involved.

:thumbs: as they should be. i'm less than pleased with the explanation of the mother. maybe in about 10 years you can remind her of her lack of parenting skills led to her kid being behind bars serving 10-20.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
just to let you know I am not scared of the neighbor ..lol I just don't feel comfortable answering the door that late at night

I don't blame you. I don't even like to answer the door during daylight hours. Charles would answer the door late at night though, but then again he's got his buddies, Smith & Wesson, with him.

:devil: you've been peeking, haven't you? you're spot on the money, a s&w .44 mag behind the door because it will go thru the door.

You disappoint me, I was expecting a LAWS rocket, a Browning .50 cal or at least an air compressor attached to a 60mm Vulcan cannon; on second thought who wants to replace the door, the door jamb and probably the front of the house. :lol:

Just remember to save the AGM-65 for those really annoying door-to-door salesmen. :devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Ethan is 10. That's what really made me upset. This kid is 14 and throwing kids who are that much younger than him down to the ground.

Oh well now the police are now involved.

:thumbs: as they should be. i'm less than pleased with the explanation of the mother. maybe in about 10 years you can remind her of her lack of parenting skills led to her kid being behind bars serving 10-20.

10-20 if we're lucky. Ship him off to NY where I believe Old Sparky is back in service at Sing Sing. Sounds like that 14 y/o "kid" is starting to display classic sociopathic behavior, I'll bet he's already tried to torture animals. In any event, the best thing for the future maniac is for the police to get involved now and get him the help he needs. The fact that a 14 y/o is picking on a 10 y/o and terrorizing all the kids in the neighborhood is beyond disturbing. No kid should have to worry about being chokeslammed, you did the right thing not only for Ethan but society in general and that kid, good for you Sprailenes. :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline

Charles, any truth to the rumor that you are represented by the firm of Sturm, Ruger and Co. :lol: Is your favorite hockey team the Blackhawks? :lol: By any chance do you have a pet Anaconda with a combat grip. :lol: Just remember that you don't have to be a Marine to have a Marine Defender. :thumbs:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I mean the woman was in my face waving her finger and going on and on about how immature my son was and how I need to stay out of his life and let him fight his battles.

Yea so if I am supposed to stay out of his life where does the parenting part come in? Oh that's the difference between her and I.

She asked my son's name and I said: "Ethan" and she started laughing and pointing at him and saying: "THAT'S ETHAN!?" "You need to tell Ethan to grow up and stop being so immature!"

ugh... I hate to say it but I really wanted to hit her.

Trash should be kept in the dump, it shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

Sorry for laughing that just sounded funny.

That lady sounds like moron. I cannot believe anyone would say that about a younger child whose being bullied. Gah. Some people. :blink:

Timeline
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I mean the woman was in my face waving her finger and going on and on about how immature my son was and how I need to stay out of his life and let him fight his battles.

Yea so if I am supposed to stay out of his life where does the parenting part come in? Oh that's the difference between her and I.

She asked my son's name and I said: "Ethan" and she started laughing and pointing at him and saying: "THAT'S ETHAN!?" "You need to tell Ethan to grow up and stop being so immature!"

ugh... I hate to say it but I really wanted to hit her.

Absolutely! :thumbs:

Let a 10 y/o fight his own battles? He's a 10 y/o ferchristsakes! Maybe in Ma Barker's eyes you're expected to hire Paulie Walnuts to take care of business. I'm glad that you didn't resort to violence, why lower yourself to her level, you'd both end up in court and you'd look like the villain.

IR5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Rhiann- a word about food allergies: Natural Flavor is usually chemically based. It's a combination of chemicals that are used to simulate what we taste in every day life. One thing I can think of off the top of my head is there is a red dye that is made out of a certain type of beetle. That can be called natural because bugs are natural, but they can cause allergies. I think if you're really having trouble with allergies, a good rule of thumb is to stay away from anything packaged and processed at least for 2 weeks, and then add a "new" food back in every 2 days after that, while monitoring your reactions.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What a dweeb of a woman...i mean really, this isn't the wild west.

Rhiann- a word about food allergies: Natural Flavor is usually chemically based. It's a combination of chemicals that are used to simulate what we taste in every day life. One thing I can think of off the top of my head is there is a red dye that is made out of a certain type of beetle. That can be called natural because bugs are natural, but they can cause allergies. I think if you're really having trouble with allergies, a good rule of thumb is to stay away from anything packaged and processed at least for 2 weeks, and then add a "new" food back in every 2 days after that, while monitoring your reactions.

Hm. I should try that.

I'll also see what the allergy doctor says about that.

Thanks for the info.

Staying away from packaged/processed foods can be a bit tough though :lol:

Edited by Rhiann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.