July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea I'm going to say that at this point due to the economy we're not hiring. :P

Last year his dad who is the president of an engineering company got him a job at his company, but first sent him to a three month Autocad class, paid for it and everything. Then he gets a job, a great paying job at that, with room to move up if needed and rarely showed up, never did a full week, was always "sick" on one of the days and then after 5 months just ended up quitting. I mean he didn't even seem to care about that made his father look, I felt bad for his dad.

I don't want to be put in that situation. He's just not reliable.

You could conveniently misplace his resume when he submits it :whistle:

I would just tell him that it's not professional to use family as a reference.

My Vent: I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Last year his dad who is the president of an engineering company got him a job at his company, but first sent him to a three month Autocad class, paid for it and everything. Then he gets a job, a great paying job at that, with room to move up if needed and rarely showed up, never did a full week, was always "sick" on one of the days and then after 5 months just ended up quitting. I mean he didn't even seem to care about that made his father look, I felt bad for his dad.

You could conveniently misplace his resume when he submits it :whistle:

I would just tell him that it's not professional to use family as a reference.

My Vent: I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

I hate it now, because I had a sh1tty sleep due to it. But, I love it in the summer when it's like past 9 and light out!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Offer him a job as the "ball washer." See if he takes it. :devil:

Timeline

Offer him a job as the "ball washer." See if he takes it. :devil:

:lol: Or a shoe shiner.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

So, I get a response from someone who wants to give the stray cat I had spayed a home, and I make arrangements to bring the cat to him today. Everything is in place, except, of course, for the cat! Normally, she hangs around the front porch or the back yard and if she goes away she is always back by around 2:30. Today, she was no where to be found. At 4 pm I phoned the guy and said I would try to bring her out tomorrow, which is fine with him. Half an hour later, she shows up! It is now too late for me to drive her to her new home and get back in time to start dinner. So, hopefully she will stay around until dinner time and then I will bring her in and put her in the garage overnight so I definitely have her in hand to deliver her to her new home tomorrow. I will miss her and sure hope this guy provides as good a home as it sounds like he will.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

OK, this isn't my vent, but a friend of mine. He phoned me to tell me about this weird guy at his work. This guy is technically his superior, but not his direct boss or anything. He is very outgoing and a good guy by all accounts....... except for his bathroom etiquette. He will walk into the bathroom and do his business, and then if someone is in the stall, he'll start talking to them. My friend at first asked him "How did you know I was in here?". He said that he could recognize his shoes. When my friend asked some co-workers about it, their response was "ohhhh yeah, just go downstairs and use the bathroom in the accounting department". I'm trying not to laugh at my friend now, but I just find it hilarious.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
OK, this isn't my vent, but a friend of mine. He phoned me to tell me about this weird guy at his work. This guy is technically his superior, but not his direct boss or anything. He is very outgoing and a good guy by all accounts....... except for his bathroom etiquette. He will walk into the bathroom and do his business, and then if someone is in the stall, he'll start talking to them. My friend at first asked him "How did you know I was in here?". He said that he could recognize his shoes. When my friend asked some co-workers about it, their response was "ohhhh yeah, just go downstairs and use the bathroom in the accounting department". I'm trying not to laugh at my friend now, but I just find it hilarious.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's awful bathroom etiquette!

Timeline
So, I get a response from someone who wants to give the stray cat I had spayed a home, and I make arrangements to bring the cat to him today. Everything is in place, except, of course, for the cat! Normally, she hangs around the front porch or the back yard and if she goes away she is always back by around 2:30. Today, she was no where to be found. At 4 pm I phoned the guy and said I would try to bring her out tomorrow, which is fine with him. Half an hour later, she shows up! It is now too late for me to drive her to her new home and get back in time to start dinner. So, hopefully she will stay around until dinner time and then I will bring her in and put her in the garage overnight so I definitely have her in hand to deliver her to her new home tomorrow. I will miss her and sure hope this guy provides as good a home as it sounds like he will.

that is good.. hopefully everything works out

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

What's worse is when someone starts talking on their cell phone. You mistakenly believe they're talking to you and answer back. It's only then that you realize they're on the phone. :P

Let us know if all works out! I really hope he turns out to be THE one for this stray cat! You have such a big and tender (L) Kathryn!

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

What's worse is when someone starts talking on their cell phone. You mistakenly believe they're talking to you and answer back. It's only then that you realize they're on the phone. :P

Grosssss! People should refrain from using ANYTHING while in the bathroom because of the germ factor. What do you talk with one hand and shake with the other? :lol:

I always know when my boss is in the bathroom because I heard the toilet flush and then the door open. (ie. no hand washing) :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

My Husband has trouble with his wisdom teeth from time to time - like now, one of them - well the gum around one is swollen and hurts. So, he does not want to go to the dentist right this minute - he pops in to one of those CVS clinics - they send him packing - umm no - we don't deal with dental.

Yes, he knows he has to go to the dentist eventually - but come on, just give him the stupid antibiotics so he can feel better you idiots. In Calgary this would be a non-issue.

Timeline

Grosssss! People should refrain from using ANYTHING while in the bathroom because of the germ factor. What do you talk with one hand and shake with the other? :lol:

I always know when my boss is in the bathroom because I heard the toilet flush and then the door open. (ie. no hand washing) :lol:

I don't know about women's bathroom etiquette, but from my experience, not only is talking while in the act a no-no, making any sort of eye contact is too.

Timeline
I don't know about women's bathroom etiquette, but from my experience, not only is talking while in the act a no-no, making any sort of eye contact is too.

Well for women you are in a stall (hopefully :lol: ) so no eye contact - talking is ok, especially if you are really drunk.

Timeline

Let us know if all works out! I really hope he turns out to be THE one for this stray cat! You have such a big and tender (L) Kathryn!

Alas, it didn't work out :crying: . The cat - I've been calling her Lucy so will use that through the post - was around this morning so I put her in the garage for a few hours and made arrangements to drop her at her new home at 11 am. It is about a half hour drive (this cat is SO good in the cat carrier - she relaxed and bathed herself!). We get there and it is a ramshackle single wide trailer with broken windows covered with cardboard. There is a huge guarddog chained up in the yard. So the guy comes out and seems nice enough and I take the cat and he takes the food and her basket to go inside. The door is broken on one hinge and a huge blanket covers the inside of the door. We creep underneath, through the piles of junk on the floor to be greeted by 3 barking, yapping terriers. So, the woman starts to put the terriers into a room and they are running around yapping and thinking it is a great game and not minding. We go through a messy kitchen into an even messier tiny living room. All of the windows are covered with blankets - it is so dark inside I can barely see anything - our garage isn't this dark in the daytime! All of the doors except to this tiny living room are blocked off. It is sweltering hot - and the place reeks of cigarette smoke. Then, when I start to adjust to the darkness inside I see dog poop in the middle of the floor. By this time, I have learned that their last three cats ran away - and they want to declaw her!! So, I said, I'm sorry, I am not leaving the cat, I just don't think she would be happy here. She would in fact be miserable! with the 3 dogs all over her all the time, no where to go, confined in a single dark, messy cell like room with no fresh air and no light? No wonder their other cats ran away! I figured she would be happier - and healthier - even if she ended up staying out doors, so I brought her home. She is curled up on the front porch sleeping right now.

While I want to find her a home, I want to find her a good home where she would be happy. She is such a sweet little girl, she needs a loving and safe home, not just any home.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.