Bulgarican

August 2008 fillers

1,605 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Even though I am still jobless (no EAD as of yet), I have so little time and so much to do... #######.

My file was transfered to USCIS a couple days ago so I assume there will be no interview. Biometrics appointment is scheduled for November 24th and, overall, I'm waiting for things. Hopefully EAD arrives soon.

Mara, congrats on the wedding (belated, though)! :)

Everyone else, congrats on AOS related stuff and everything else that's happened in the past...... forever. I'll try to be here again. Life's been hectic.

You need biometrics for your EAD, so expect a longer waiting time. :)

I'm doing the biometrics thing on the 24th (so basically a week from now), which is why I hope EAD shows up soon after that, too. How long does it normally take?

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

For the Ead and AP takes no more than 40 days i believe :)

Edited by Leo and Lioness
as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She is currently working in in a production line type job, hanging laundry, it's union work though on the low end pay wise (ie like 8.25 an hour, there are fairly regular evaluation/raises but they don't really add up to much it seems, I am unaware of anyone making more than 8.XX an hour in her position. Of course that ain't all bad and it's a full time position, and the benefits are pretty good, will have medical once she's been there three months, the benefits program is much better in terms of affordability than my own is, I pay $560 a month for the two of us for just medical, after her's kicks in it'll cost $200 a month for medical, dental, and vision for for us, there is a higher co-pay but overall the medical was pretty comparable as far as I could tell, just an example of a larger company being able to get much better rates. There are a few other (some optional) insurance thingies in there, but the three I care about are medical, dental, vision... the other stuff I don't particularly care about (or is fully paid by the company) so no biggy. Before this job she was working at a steak house, the hours sucked for a lot of reasons, the pay sucked, no benefits, only the cooks and servers can make much there, she didn't like the people (I think that's customers as well as co-workers) and the longer she worked there, the less she liked most of them.

She hadn't had a lot of luck finding a job traditionally (sending applications etc), and all things considered, I guess that shouldn't be a surprise, a typical american business is going to look at contacting previous employers and ####### themselves cause they don't know how to make international phone calls or they don't want to spend the money on them. She did ok as far as places that you could walk into and apply at but her english while good, isn't quite there yet and might have caused her to fail at interviews, it's a pretty different atmosphere applying for a job here and all kinds of little things add up to make it more difficult/hard to be confident. She very quickly landed two jobs once she met a few local filipino's (they knew where others were working/knew the people in charge so that got her a foot in the door even before applying). I don't expect it to be hard for her to get another job in the future, that first job is probably the hardest, though if all goes well the next time she's applying for a job it'll be a career type position and she'll have the education to show she's qualified (and of course her english improves the longer she's here).

I think how hard it is to find a job depends mostly on where you are at in the country, what skills you have, etc. I think where I'm at things aren't too bad, I don't think people are likely to get raises right now, but at the same time I think most people who want a job will get one if they really try. I also figure it depends on what country you are from, I don't think australian or british citizens would have much trouble, other than a strange accent they are "one of us", or at least, don't have a langauge barrier to deal with. People who speak english well and spanish fluently probably have a lot of opportunities in some parts of the country if they don't mind working on a phone all day as well.

I'm doing the biometrics thing on the 24th (so basically a week from now), which is why I hope EAD shows up soon after that, too. How long does it normally take?

Mine came less than 2 weeks after the biometrics and only 44 days from filing. You shouldn't have too long to wait.

Maliciant, as long as your wife is happy there, that's all that matters.

I've applied for some jobs at Boston University at a research assistant, and I'm also applying to Meditech as I know someone who works there and she tells me they love the British.. :thumbs:

Timeline

Yeah, language can be a problem, it happened to me to need medical once and oh my its so expensive here they told me something i already knew but i had to go anyway, chris has me covered with his insurance from work but they only pay small amount for the medical help you need...well i need to go back to bulgaria january so after i come back i'll search for work....i dont know if there are any bulgarians here but they dont like other bulgarians so i better not look for them... whatever job is as long as they pay decently and treat you well its still experience and of course language practice and improvement :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Oh, good news, then. I'm hoping to receive the permit before Christmas season (as in... before.. actual Christmas, I guess), so I can at least apply for one of the million jobs that are out and about at any and all stores. I have no idea what I will, eventually, end up doing here. Our city is pretty small (45000-ish people, not counting 16000 or so college students) and I can't really see many things I'd be interested in, even if there were job openings. Most people work in retail, which is something I really hope I won't ever be doing. I just can't see myself as a sales person at... Old Navy, or anything of the sort. Phone operator, even less (been there, tried that, while finishing school back in Croatia). With a college degree in journalism (public relations, specifically), I have no idea what I'll accomplish. Maybe we'll just have to move. Haha. At least there is no language barrier, I mostly sound like I am from here and, besides English and Croatian, I speak a few other languages and can get by when it comes to some more. None of those is Spanish, however. It's just my name that is a tiny bit misleading. ;)

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

• 2 weeks later...

My green card has been ordered, I am so happy to be done for 2 years. My husband just said "the whole of 2010 with NO IMMIGRATION ISSUES" and it sunk in that this is real now. I live and (will) work in the US. It's been a long road. :)

I will stay on VJ and pop in to see how you're all doing. I'm also on Facebook.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My green card has been ordered, I am so happy to be done for 2 years. My husband just said "the whole of 2010 with NO IMMIGRATION ISSUES" and it sunk in that this is real now. I live and (will) work in the US. It's been a long road. :)

I will stay on VJ and pop in to see how you're all doing. I'm also on Facebook.

congrats!

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Indeed merry christmas, and a happy new year, me personally im looking forward to next year, it might finally spell and end to us living in separate countries and our visa #######...

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Happy New Year!!!!!

This will be the first one with Hubby and baby finally as a family and together. I am so excited, I used to cry and be sad all past holidays but not this time. Thanks everyone for your support, I don't know what I would have done without you.

Love,

Cuchita. (L)

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Timeline

Happy New Year from me too for everyone :) we're so busy as married now lol :) it used to be active topic :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.