Bulgarican

August 2008 fillers

1,605 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Happy new year, everyone!

My green card came in mail a few weeks ago (or something like that) and now I'm experiencing the joy of looking for a job. Unfortunately, so far it's felt as if I am all of a sudden 18 again.

Hopefully I will find something.. acceptable.

Edited by Badgerella

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

That's what I was going to say, too.

Looks like this thread has really mostly been abandoned. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been plotting to revive it... you know... anniversary and all that coming up, but yeah, this thread sinks into the abyss on a regular basis now, and well, I think a few people are still not done with their journey... a year and a half later :(

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has any dependants that have not been given a Social Security number (like my son), you need to get form W7 from the tax office and send it off with your tax return so you can get the child allowance on your tax return. Call the tax office if you file your tax returns via Turbo Tax and they will give you a temp. social security number to enter so you can get your child deduction on the form but it needs to be printed, the number needs to be cleared from the form using white-out and then submitted with the W7.

The tax office will give you a tax number for your child that can be used each year from then on. It takes between 4-6 weeks for the number to arrive.

Hope this helps someone.

Good luck!

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

Timeline

A little random tip related to this, I was told by the tax preparer that if I was sending money to my wife's family that was more than half the total household income (of the family) then I could claim them as dependents... considering the very large difference in economies (at least for the philippines and probably a few other countries), that may not be a hard number to hit. I don't know what kind of burden of proof or information you'd need should you get auditted so do some research etc...

For my one year anniversary my wife get's to attend a course for drivers who have been in accidents (and are basically being let off the hook if they take this course and manage to avoid getting into another accident in the next two years, at least, not an accident that is their own fault I mean), that'll be the 22nd, today, the 18th she is going to take the driving portion of her test and hopefully finally have her license, I'm hoping she passes but I'm a little worried she get tripped up on something like basic vehicle knowledge (turning on the hazards or something). We'll know later today though.

Also, we're shopping around for a house, wasn't really something that had a lot of planning and there are a few pitfalls for people buying a home with someone who hasn't been in the country long... generally the new to the US person has 'unverifiable' income/work history and so you might have to qualify on one income, just need to find the right house. We found one that was pretty ideal but while we were figuring out a few things and trying to sort out some roof/insurance issues (the guy was paid for a new roof and only repaired a portion which makes the house nearly impossible to insure) someone else made an offer, presumably unaware of some of the issues we had uncovered so our only hope was to see if the place really closes... we're looking at another house that has some potential too but it seems very similar in terms of having a roof issue (again most likely it is at a point where it has to be replaced to be insured etc).

Timeline

Yesterday was the official one year wedding anniversary, also the day my wife passed her driving test, and as an added bonus she did her 'RAP' class (it was a requirement the court had because she had rear-ended a guy while practicing driving...). It was a busy anniversary, and today, we'll look at probably the last two houses we'll look at before buying one.

Timeline

I finally landed a job last week and should start as soon as they're done with the background checks. Considering the fact I just moved from Europe... yeah, right. It'll take a week or two, at least.

The job is far from a dream job, but it'll do for the time being. Pay is great, and it comes with a full benefit package (medical, dental, visual, 401k, paid sick days, vacation days). Shifts are fine, too. It's downtown and also pretty close to where we live, so that's a plus, too. Should work fine with my returning to school, which is what we have planned for the next fall.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done on house hunting and jobs. :)

I'm still looking, but I'm now finally learning to drive and hopefully when I get my license and a car, I'll have more luck with finding a job, as most of the psychology jobs I've seen need one. As soon as I get a job earning a decent wage, we can sign the lease on the apartment that we absolutely love. I came back from the UK last month, it was nice to see everyone, but feel the US is more my home now.

Hope everyone is doing OK, I keep up with most on FB.

Edited by Gemmie

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just bumping the thread a bit, so it's easier to find.

I'm still getting used to the job and overall have been having a good time. Looks like the plan to go to Croatia in May is slowly failing, but we might make it sometime in September. Will have to see with the work people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I've been plotting to revive it... you know... anniversary and all that coming up, but yeah, this thread sinks into the abyss on a regular basis now, and well, I think a few people are still not done with their journey... a year and a half later :(

Haha that's us!

I live in Australia and Chris lives in America, 6 months into our marriage and we are living the dream right there, on the positive there is a special box for us (Married but living separately) on the US census which is nice of them.

Our US visa was bumped out of the system last November and due to Chris losing his job we just didn't bother re-applying for a (I think) 5th time. Sadly we are still waiting on the Australian Visa for Chris, you would never believe it but once again the US government is holding us up..... Still need an FBI check (only thing the Aussie Embassy needs now), we actually have our own special agent assigned to us because we got lost in the FBI system *Bangs head on desk several times* and we have now heard back from 11 out of 14 regions so hopefully we are only another week or so out from getting that.

Once he has that it should be a matter of weeks to visa time..... we hope....

Glad everyone else is going so well on their journey's, me personally I'm missing the states, and am looking forward to the 2 years (next October actually) after which point when we go back we don't have to deal with USCIS.

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Timeline

Wow, Mara, I can't believe you two are still stuck. Hang in there... even though I am sure that, after all this, you most certainly will.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

It's almost time to start studyin up on the removing conditions stuff, it's really more of a referesher course since back in the day when everything we did revolved around this site and we knew all the steps from start to finish and even the oh ####### a nightmare happened (I still read a few of those nightmare threads... but it's been a long time since I found one interesting). Anyway, just a few more months until it's time to start filing removal of conditions stuff.

Glad to get an update from Chris & Mara, too bad the news isn't better.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello everyone! So long since I last checked visa journey! All is awesome here! Already one year happily married! Enyoing life, love, my husband andbour two cats!

I am working since last march, is pretty nice!

Chris & Mara oh didn't thought you'd still waiting. I really wish it all be over soon. It is time!

Nice having an update on everyone!

Mia

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.