Henna Rose

Freaky Friday !

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Happy friday everyone!!! i will post again Sunday when i get to Saudi. we leave early tomorrow morning and we have lotssss to do until then!!!

See ya on the other side!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning MENA!

TGIF! I got home last night from AZ to a beautiful 45 degrees. :) I'm so not a heat person. But it was great to see my Dad and the wife. Lost 10 pounds! I need to go visit more often!!

Tasha (F) for poor little Mal! That's gonna be rough.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Merci!!!

I am excited..but really have too much to do and traveling is kinda stressful...at least we have a direct flight lol

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Please keep us in thought and prayer today. Hicham called in sick to his current job to attend a really important job fair here in the city. He went early to get in line. It took him over 20 minutes to find a place to park his car because so many people were already there. Then it took him an actual 15 minutes to walk the line to get to the end! It was still 45 minutes before the door was to open. :(:crying: He called me in absolute shock of how many people there were. I just keep hoping every minute that his resume gets put in the right hand. Some of you MENA girls know EXACTLY what I'm talkin' about, dontcha???

I'm loading up all the consignment sale ####### and getting it out of my house this weekend to prepare for our son's big birthday party NEXT weekend. It's going to sit in my aunt's truck that is covered and in her carport for the next couple of weeks. :unsure: At this point...glad to get it out of there.

Okay, Henna....NO talking about us MENA peeps that aren't there! :lol: Really wish I could be there with ya!

Tasha...hope your pumpkins get over the shots quickly. I've got to take my monkey in a couple of weeks and I know he's going to get a shot too! :( Hope you get to do something for yourself this weekend. (F)

Jess, I hope you have a safe journey...I won't say quick, but I hope it's "painless". :)

To everyone else...hope you have a joyous weekend. We are meeting up with some of our Palestinian friends and their kids to go to this big park on Sunday to try out this big new kite we just got! I can't wait for the warm weather and sunshine! Feels like I've been let out of prison.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Have a safe journey Jess...that is exciting. All the talk of everyones' travels makes me want to travel :crying:

That wont happen till next May for us though.

Jess, when are you coming back? I am not sure but you live over there, just visiting here, right?

Tina, if that all it takes for to lose 10lbs in that short span of time in AZ, I will be booking my flight :P

BRING ON DA HEAT! :thumbs:

DA HOTTER DA BETTER BABY! :devil:

ALLOUSA.... (F) it all seems overwhelming doesnt it? Like everyone scrambling just for the few jobs that are still left out there. It is scary and you know what?? I heard of the same kind of enormous lines and crowds at job fairs in Philadelphia too. Good Luck Hicham.

I also know what it means to store things in the trunk or family members' homes just to get some of the junk out to make space and keep tidy.

My place is just too small...We are bursting at the seams....there is no way a new baby can fit into the equation :unsure:

Edited by sandrila

We have a kite too and hubby had never flown one in his life.

We sought out and found some cheapy one Morocco, well hubby loved it, I couldnt get him to stop flying it and whereas I couldnt get mine off the ground his was soaring.

I cant wait till the winds of March begin and we can go fly our kite too :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Afternoon everyone.

Jess be safe going back.

Happy Friday to everyone.....

Olivia - are you packed yet??

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

We have a kite too and hubby had never flown one in his life.

We sought out and found some cheapy one Morocco, well hubby loved it, I couldnt get him to stop flying it and whereas I couldnt get mine off the ground his was soaring.

I cant wait till the winds of March begin and we can go fly our kite too :)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Freaky Friday everyone :)

me? just busy trying to keep up with all those FB apps - its like a freakin full time job over there

Allousa, I know what you mean - one of Adnan's friends went to apply last week at a place that had 45 openings and more than 1700 people showed up. he waited in line for 5 hours just to turn in an application. yikes.

Jess - be safe and good luck. I hope Josh is a good boy for ya on the plane :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Friday everyone! :thumbs: Hubby is so burnt and it's only been one week of work and school!!! Luckily only 3 more weeks left. He told me this morning that the head of the place he's studying at has already gotten requests for people to hire and since he is the teacher's pet he'll definitely be recommended highly. I couldn't believe it when he told me that he speaks the best english out of ALL of the classmates that he has! The majority are from Kenya but there are a few from South America...he's not sure which part. If people are having problems looking for jobs I totally suggest looking into any type of healthcare field. Especially in nursing, nursing assistants, lpns, rns, etc are in such HIGH demand they'll even pay you to go to school to become an rn if you're already a cna, etc. Just thought I'd throw that out there though I know a lot of people don't particularly like working in health related fields. I for one faint dead away if I see blood so I never persued that avenue, but my husband took care of his dad for a few years before he died and used to change his catheter and even insert his IV, etc. so he's used to all that icky stuff.

I can't wait for four o'clock!!!!! :dance::dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck to your hubby Bridget. :thumbs:

A friend just called me to tell me that the job fair that Hicham is at is on the news. They are saying that over 3000 people are there. The first 1000 are inside and they are telling the people outside to just be patient that they are going to try and get everyone in. I'm assuming Hicham was able to make it in because he hasn't called me yet. YIKES!!!!

I KNOW what you mean being busy with FB apps! I've actually had some work this morning and just got handed a BIG project that is going to have me busy for the next couple of work days. I keep thinking.....when am I going to have time to harvest????? :lol: Sad....we are soooo sad. :lol:

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.