laogongandlaopo

I-130 sent to CSC rather than VSC

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I had sent our I-130 Petition to the proper Chicago Lockbox address for the Vermont Service Center since I live in New York State. The NOA-1 was approved on 02-26-09 and I received the NOA-1 hard copy in the mail on 03-02-09. I just went to the USCIS website and noticed that it was sent to the California Service Center for processing. Should I be concerned about this and should I receive any notice from the CIS that it was routed to the CSC rather than the VSC? I have heard that recently, the CSC seems to have a better processing time for I-130's so I'm pleased about this news, but I'm still a bit puzzled about the reason why it was sent there. Could it be a mistake on the USCIS website? Has this happened to anyone else recently?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Load balancing, this is why the I-130 is sent to Chicago, they will then send to the center that is not as badly over loaded.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Oooops..still new at this! Thanks for your fast responses. I am glad to know that this is not uncommon and it seems it should be beneficial to our case as well. Thanks again!!

Load balancing, this is why the I-130 is sent to Chicago, they will then send to the center that is not as badly over loaded.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Good Luck!! CSC seems to be approving I-130 applications pretty quickly!!!

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Cyprus
Timeline
I had sent our I-130 Petition to the proper Chicago Lockbox address for the Vermont Service Center since I live in New York State. The NOA-1 was approved on 02-26-09 and I received the NOA-1 hard copy in the mail on 03-02-09. I just went to the USCIS website and noticed that it was sent to the California Service Center for processing. Should I be concerned about this and should I receive any notice from the CIS that it was routed to the CSC rather than the VSC? I have heard that recently, the CSC seems to have a better processing time for I-130's so I'm pleased about this news, but I'm still a bit puzzled about the reason why it was sent there. Could it be a mistake on the USCIS website? Has this happened to anyone else recently?

I think its something to do with spreading the workload between the service centers. Mine was transfered to California and it was approved two weeks later. I have a feeling its a good thing.

My Journey for my Parents ) IR5

(Please note we have taken our time and we could have gone faster with the NVC)

I have 2 petitions running at the same time, I have not posted 2 sets of dates because they have been processed either together or a few days of each other.

Beneficiaries Embassy-Cyprus

I-130 sent 2008-09-27 to Vermont

NOA1 received 2008-10-03

Transfered to California 2 weeks before approval

NOA2 received 2009-01-14

Received at NVC 2009-1-16

I 864 bill/DS3032 received 2009-1-22

I-864 invoiced online 2009-1-22

I-864 paid online 2009-01-31

DS3032 received at NVC by mail from parents 2009-02-13

IV fee invoiced online and paid 2009-02-15

Returned I-864 2009-02-16

I 864 entered into system 2009- 02-26

I864 reveiwed and approved-2009-03-03

DS 230 and documents sent 2009-03-27

IV packet delivered to NVC 2009-03-30

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

I mailed my I-130 on February 19th and my Noa1 was generated on February 22nd. Mine should have gone through Vermont as well but was sent directly to California instead. From what I am reading, I hope this is good news!!

Betsy

Betsy El Sum

it looks like if you sent out application around feb 20, it's going to CSC. they received mine feb 23, and it went to CSC.

Nope, just sent it Monday March 2nd!!! Have to pray for CSC and wait and see what NOA1 says. Good luck and wishing you a fast approval.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

Thanks for all your responses! :star: I wish you all good luck in your approval processes, whether it goes to the CSC or VSC. I'll update our timeline as soon as anything new develops. Hope to hear from everyone on your news, as well. Keep in touch.

it looks like if you sent out application around feb 20, it's going to CSC. they received mine feb 23, and it went to CSC.

Nope, just sent it Monday March 2nd!!! Have to pray for CSC and wait and see what NOA1 says. Good luck and wishing you a fast approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.