• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats to everyone who recently had success with something! I have been in the US since Sept 17th and we got married on Oct. 23rd. Now I am very close to sending in the papers for the AOS which seems a lot easier than the I-129F, if it wasn't for those affidavits of support. Since my husband is still unemployed it is recommended that I get a joint sponser. Which now that Joint sponsor has to send in proof of citizenship. It is my mother in law deperately trying to find her birth certificate. Again, you can't start soon enough with filling out and filing papers!!

I wish everyone else who is still forced to wait on something a hopefully soon to come success.

Happy Holidays

age.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was so easy, I was freaking out for nothing. Just over a month till I move now! OMG!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
It was so easy, I was freaking out for nothing. Just over a month till I move now! OMG!

I hear you on this I am freaking out and I am not the one being interviewd. We are expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. Lets see what happens. My SO's embassy is not as easy as others :(

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hear you on this I am freaking out and I am not the one being interviewd. We are expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. Lets see what happens. My SO's embassy is not as easy as others :(

Congrats, Danu! Great news for another March filer! Fran, good to see you again! My fiance is finally here, and we are getting married end of December!

event.png

Timeline

Nvc still has not received my file. and i have not received a new noa2, and it expires in 12 days. UScis wont help, DOS wont hep, NVC has no idea. Congress wont get back to us. And this week is thanksgiving so the offices will be closed for 2 days. I'm afraid my peition will expire before it gets anywhere and then i'll be sh1te out of luck. IF i could be sure it would get to my consulate by dec 6th, i wouldn't worry, but it was reaffirmed on Nov 12, and is still not at NVC. Thats about where i am.

The only thing keeping me together is that i have seen David 3 weekends in the last month now that we live closer. For the long weekend he is bringing me my dogs who i haven't seen in a year.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Kimbear, I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It makes me so angry when good people who just want to be with their loved one are put through this, and no matter what they do, there's just nowhere they can go to get help or find out what's happening. I hope you hear some good news (or someone at least is able to tell you something) soon.

I have my medical tomorrow. Feeling nervous about it, but hopefully it'll all be okay. I've already been through all the paperwork and gotten together everything I'll need. It's going to be a long day, but I'm just glad to be getting it done so it can be over with.

Edited by FrostyMist

Timeline

Good luck with the medical Frosty, i'm sure it will be ok. David is gonna call nvc again today and congress. Apparently the ppl at the border where he crosses keep askigng him why i dont go down there to visit instead of him comming here.

well , with the two refusals i had i wasn't sure i'd get in, especially without an noa2. However, i'm starting to think maybe i can go there. So i have it in my head to try in dec around my bday, it will have been a year since my last attempted crossing. i live 5 mins from the Ambassador Bridge, so no biggie if i get sent back..and at this point, i do not think it will harm my k1.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
Kimbear, I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It makes me so angry when good people who just want to be with their loved one are put through this, and no matter what they do, there's just nowhere they can go to get help or find out what's happening. I hope you hear some good news (or someone at least is able to tell you something) soon.

I have my medical tomorrow. Feeling nervous about it, but hopefully it'll all be okay. I've already been through all the paperwork and gotten together everything I'll need. It's going to be a long day, but I'm just glad to be getting it done so it can be over with.

My Fiance just had his Medical yesterday and he said all went well said the results of the chest xray won't be available till friday. I wonder how long it takes for us to get a response back for his interview. Its been 3 weeks since he sent all the info over that they requested. Is there a way to check the status of all this or are we to wait till he gets a letter in the mail?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Good luck on your medical. I was so nervous before my medical, and it was so easy. I am sure you will be fine. :thumbs:

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Timeline
Its been 3 weeks since he sent all the info over that they requested. Is there a way to check the status of all this or are we to wait till he gets a letter in the mail?

Well, you could call the embassy, but their phoneline is extremely expensive, and of what I've heard about it - not very reliable or helpful.

A better option would be to call DoS. Unfortunately, I don't know the phone number, nor can offer much advice to you about how to go about that, as I haven't called them myself yet. I am thinking of giving DoS a call on Monday to find out whether there's been any update with my case (i.e. interview letter sent out).

When I've had reason to write to the embassy, their reply has usually been between about 2 - 3 weeks from the date I posted the letter. I don't know whether that's the same when they're processing forms and the sort, though. Sometimes I wish they'd be a bit more informative, but at least the processing times at the London embassy do seem to be faster than they are in other countries.

So, in less than 12 hours I'll be well on my way to my medical. I'm trying to fill my mind with positive thoughts, remember all of the encouraging comments VJers here have posted about their own experiences, and trust that everything is going to be okay.

Timeline

Good luck you guys! Kim, I hope NVC gets it soon, would be nice if you could get your P3 before Xmas.

I have my visa in hand now, was super quick. If you want it super fast once you get your interview, get the Priority mailer, they sent it yesterday and I have it in my hands today. Its so pretty! Now I have to go finish packing so I can move in Jan. :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Woot! Passed the interview!

Yay! Congratulations!! :D

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Medical has been completed. It wasn't nearly as terrible as I feared it would be. :) I'm so relieved to have it out of the way.

Now, just waiting for the interview date.

Yay!! Hoping you get the interview date VERY soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.