butterfly1

My Husband cancel my adjustment of status

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pls. gve me advice .... I got married last 2007 in 5 months of marriage he abuse me physically and mentally. so as the mother. but he filed my adjustment status. prior to his marriage to me. his dvorced three times and only lasted for a couple of months. my situation is very awful. I dnt know anybody in his town etc. I stayed alone in the house while his at work... out of iinonce... i call 911( just to ask advice that will i do wth my situation.... the operator gave me the number of violence against women hotline. I gve them a call when my husband is out. i talkd to them for a couple of times and advice me to leavehim and stayed at their shelter . they said i can petition myself without him since its against women(Violence agaisnt women act)--- in my opinion not only physically but emotionally. One day. he come home he said he wanted dvorce. well to mke story short. i call 911.. and police took me out from his house. they gave me police clearance etc.they gve me reports. from the times i called them etc. / vagainst women offce too.

my prblem is how can i petition myself when my ex husband cancel my petition already??do u think that the INS will give me a chance to stay here? because accdg.to the law...the self supporting--should be married atleast 2 years. ///// u mean i have to wait for two years before i will leave ?? please advice me... its going to be very helpful to me. Thanks and Godbless

Edited by butterfly1

Pls. gve me advice .... I got married last 2007 in 5 months of marriage he abuse me physically and mentally. so as the mother. but he filed my adjustment status. prior to his marriage to me. his dvorced three times and only lasted for a couple of months. my situation is very awful. I dnt know anybody in his town etc. I stayed alone in the house while his at work... out of iinonce... i call 911( just to ask advice that will i do wth my situation.... the operator gave me the number of violence against women hotline. I gve them a call when my husband is out. i talkd to them for a couple of times and advice me to leavehim and stayed at their shelter . they said i can petition myself without him since its against women(Violence agaisnt women act)--- in my opinion not only physically but emotionally. One day. he come home he said he wanted dvorce. well to mke story short. i call 911.. and police took me out from his house. they gave me police clearance etc.they gve me reports. from the times i called them etc. / vagainst women offce too.

my prblem is how can i petition myself when my ex husband cancel my petition already??do u think that the INS will give me a chance to stay here? because accdg.to the law...the self supporting--should be married atleast 2 years. ///// u mean i have to wait for two years before i will leave ?? please advice me... its going to be very helpful to me. Thanks and Godbless

Sorry to hear that your marriage did not work out. Why not go home to family and friends?

That makes me really angry that your husband treated you like that. No wonder he is divorced 3 times. what a jerk. Im not sure how you stay here, i just wish you the best, no matter what you do, stay here, or go back home. good luck.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

You may be able to self petition, whatever you do dont leave the country before you find out for sure. Check into catholic charities in your town they might be able to help or call your local lawyers referral service and ask for an immigration and/or family law lawyer.

Edited by geezer

i feel sorry for you...dont worry everything will be ok. anywhere in this world you can find someone who will help you.

or maybe try to post here in vj any filipino living near your place so you can just stay with them for awhile.. hope people here will be helpful too.

God bless you...and i pray you will always be fine.

Timeline
i feel sorry for you...dont worry everything will be ok. anywhere in this world you can find someone who will help you.

or maybe try to post here in vj any filipino living near your place so you can just stay with them for awhile.. hope people here will be helpful too.

God bless you...and i pray you will always be fine.

Thanks for warm words and supports. evrything will be alright. its going to be very complicated case. But thanks to the people who support from the frst time till now. i have an immigration lawyer already. il be positive in whtever outcome of my case. thanks a lot

Did your your husband cancelled your adjustment of status for the 2 year conditional green card? Or, is this cancellation for the 10 year green card?

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: Timeline

The whole purpose of VAWA is that an alien that can demonstrate abuse (emotional or physical) does not need a USC petitioner or sponsor to gain permanent residency. Do not worry about the cancelled petition. Just contact Catholic Human Charities and pursue VAWA.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You would be filing I-485, along with I-360, and I-864W, you can also file I-765 for EAD.

You are filing for an immigrant visa as a self-petitioning battered spouse or child. If you are filing as a self petitioning battered spouse or child using Form I-360, you are exempt from the Affidavit of Support requirements if your Form I-360 is approved and you are

applying for lawful permanent residence.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864W.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

What do you do for living? Do you have kids? If your not working and just a dependent from your abusive husband it is very tough. You lived in Buena Park CA. Right? What is your Phone # maybe I can give you some input.

Goodluck

Filipina in Anaheim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
That makes me really angry that your husband treated you like that. No wonder he is divorced 3 times. what a jerk. Im not sure how you stay here, i just wish you the best, no matter what you do, stay here, or go back home. good luck.

I am not being mean but i agree, you came here for love it did not work, y don't you go home to your family where u know people. I have a hard time completely believing these stories. You had this bad experience but yet you want to stay! That don't sound right to me. I am not saying your marriage was perfect, i don't know and we don't know your husbands point of view either. There is so much questions, what if he realized you used him to come here then decided he wanted a divorce, and you knowing the law cause you took a class before you came to the US about the laws decided to call 911 in order for you to stay. Like i said i am not being mean i just find a lot of question in these cases. The number one thing that makes me ask question is, you don't want to go home. Your in this strange town, you have this abusive husband yet you still want to stay? that is odd. But none the less good luck!

sent out 129f 8/10/08

received notification on aug 8/13/08

approved 12/15/09

received notice from NVC 12/19/09

still no package 1/21/09

11257.gif

I am not being mean but i agree, you came here for love it did not work, y don't you go home to your family where u know people. I have a hard time completely believing these stories. You had this bad experience but yet you want to stay! That don't sound right to me. I am not saying your marriage was perfect, i don't know and we don't know your husbands point of view either. There is so much questions, what if he realized you used him to come here then decided he wanted a divorce, and you knowing the law cause you took a class before you came to the US about the laws decided to call 911 in order for you to stay. Like i said i am not being mean i just find a lot of question in these cases. The number one thing that makes me ask question is, you don't want to go home. Your in this strange town, you have this abusive husband yet you still want to stay? that is odd. But none the less good luck!

When you marry a USC and come to the US in the majority of cases you give up everything in order to be with the one you love. When that USC abuses the immigrant albeit verbally or physically or both then the immigrant needs to be given the full protection of the law. If the immigrant wishes to stay in the US then given the premise that they came here in good faith to be with their lawfully married spouse then they should be allowed to stay.

In this instance the immigrant has done the right thing and reported the abuse to the authorities. It is only by reporting this abuse to the authorities does the immigrant have any protection. I truly wish when I was assaulted on more than one occasion by my USC wife I had reported the matter. I also suffered mental abuse which I kept to myself. I was a stranger in this country and also a man and as my wife was diminutive it would have looked strange me reporting her for the abuse I suffered. Not only that I had male pride which was stupid given the abuse I needlessly suffered.

In my personal case my USC wife passed away and I have a story that would fill countless volumes on my immigration experience. Needless to say I am now married to a wonderful USC and we are very happy and hoping this immigration story can have the ending it deserves, a happy one.

This lady immigrant has a new home now the USA, she left her home to be here genuinely and was abused for that privilege. I do hope the authorities take good care of her, for in the immigration world compassion is a rarity.

Best wishes for your future

Arthur

When you marry a USC and come to the US in the majority of cases you give up everything in order to be with the one you love. When that USC abuses the immigrant albeit verbally or physically or both then the immigrant needs to be given the full protection of the law. If the immigrant wishes to stay in the US then given the premise that they came here in good faith to be with their lawfully married spouse then they should be allowed to stay.

In this instance the immigrant has done the right thing and reported the abuse to the authorities. It is only by reporting this abuse to the authorities does the immigrant have any protection. I truly wish when I was assaulted on more than one occasion by my USC wife I had reported the matter. I also suffered mental abuse which I kept to myself. I was a stranger in this country and also a man and as my wife was diminutive it would have looked strange me reporting her for the abuse I suffered. Not only that I had male pride which was stupid given the abuse I needlessly suffered.

In my personal case my USC wife passed away and I have a story that would fill countless volumes on my immigration experience. Needless to say I am now married to a wonderful USC and we are very happy and hoping this immigration story can have the ending it deserves, a happy one.

This lady immigrant has a new home now the USA, she left her home to be here genuinely and was abused for that privilege. I do hope the authorities take good care of her, for in the immigration world compassion is a rarity.

Best wishes for your future

Arthur

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have not commented much out here, since I have been so focused on my own situation. However, I spent some money on an intial consultation with an immigration attorney, who reviewed the K-1 timeline in detail with me. I remember his advice about the 2-year period, and that the law does not require the foreign spouse does to remain married for 2 years if she can demonstrate that she been the victim of Domestic Violence. Get yourself to a shelter for battered women, then get yourself some legal advice from a lawyer. Your future depends on it. If you feel overwhelmed by all of this, and I am sure you are, just ask one of the women at the shelter to help you find a lawyer. The perfect lawyer for you is an immigration lawyer who also does divorces, or a divorce lawyer who also sidelines in immigration law. Good luck and God bless you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

In order for you to have come to the U.S., someone had to have sponsored you and that person is legally obligated to continue providing for your support, even with a divorce. Someone mentioned that you should contact Catholic Charities, which is an excellent idea for now. Also, contact Health and Human Services in your State. You may qualify for emergency assistance in the form of food, shelter, and sometimes a few months of monetary assistance. If you don't qualify due to your immigrant status, they may initiate an action on your behalf against the person who is obligated to provide for your support, or direct you to an agency that can assist with this. Also, you may want to contact a family law attorney as well as an immigration attorney. Again, Catholic Charities often provides free assistance to immigrants.

Hopes this helps a little and I will be praying for you. However, you should definitely consider going to a women's shelter for now to protect yourself from harm.

Sincerely,

Dionne

Timeline

thanks for ur suggestion. Im no longer staying wth him. if u read my stories carefully.. i mention that police took me out from his house. and im staying in a shelter home. thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.