wil

Biometrics Letter not received yet - New York City

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I'm just a little worried why we have not received Bio letter yet. I saw a lot of Jan applications have completed their Bio appt or at least they have received their Bio letter.

Our N400 application was sent Jan 28 and NOA1 was received on Feb 5. Since then our on line status has not been changed. We are just wondering that when Bio letter should come.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Wil

Filed: Timeline

U should show up at the Center that does the FP...and ask to have the FP done...they will do it...

A lot of folks are getting held back at the Interview for NO fingerprinting.

Take your NOA with you and G-card.

Hi,

I'm just a little worried why we have not received Bio letter yet. I saw a lot of Jan applications have completed their Bio appt or at least they have received their Bio letter.

Our N400 application was sent Jan 28 and NOA1 was received on Feb 5. Since then our on line status has not been changed. We are just wondering that when Bio letter should come.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Wil

When it's more than 30 days from date of NOA1 call USCIS and do a service request for biometrics.

I don't know about doing a walkin for biometrics withou a appointment letter. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Or it might mean that they still have your FP from the Adjustment of Status and plan to use that instead. Depending on when you had your last FP done.

N 400 Journey

Sent Package-12/13/2008 VSC

Biometrics - 01/07/09

Original Interview Date - 04/07/09 (File has not arrived)

Interview Date - 05/13/09

Oath Letter Received - 06/11/09

USC - 07/02/09

Passport/PC (Expedited) -07/02/09

Passport/PC Received - 07/11/09

Timeline

Thank you for all your reply.

I don't know how this should work.

2.5 Years ago when I tried a walk-in to do my fingerprint without an appt letter for my I-765, they turned me down. They said I should have an appt letter. So i did wait a little longer for my appt letter. It came 1 months later. So I believe our ASC office doesn't take anyone without an appt letter.

1 Year ago when I applied my Status of Adustment (10 year GC). I got my bio appt letter within 30 day after NOA1 was recieved. I had my FP on Mar 8, 2008.

Do you mean due to I'm still in the period of validty of FP in their system (I think I read it before that in 1.5 years, FP will disappear from their system, so we need to take it again), that's why I'm not required to do a new FP for my N400? Has this happened to anyone else in their case?

Now it's N400 and I thought i should get the bio appt letter by end Feb since i sent it at the end of Jan. But it has not shown up yet. I did give USCIS a call this afternoon and the customer service put a request into the system for my case's Bio appt. She said i should wait for up to 45 days to get a reply regarding this. If not, I should call them back. 45 days?? OMG, I don't think I can wait and do nothing in this 45 days... That's too long.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I hope someone else has experienced this before. I will be in the same situation if this is true. I had my Bio last March...it seems it will also be valid, but by the time the interview comes around the bio will be close to if not expired.

I guess an infopass or a phone call to the call center would be the best option?

5.26.23: Wedding

6.24.23: I-130

I am speaking from experience when i advise u.......i too never got the biometrics letter.

I kept calling and was advised that that my prints were still valid....on the day of the n400 interview, I was advised that

prints expired....I was given an appointment for 2 weeks later, I walked in the very same day to the ASC and got the prints retaken.

Be assertive. It does NOT hurt.

I had another friend in a similar situation...she walked in the Brooklyn service center today and got prints taken....Try it...let us know.

I hope someone else has experienced this before. I will be in the same situation if this is true. I had my Bio last March...it seems it will also be valid, but by the time the interview comes around the bio will be close to if not expired.

I guess an infopass or a phone call to the call center would be the best option?

I'm in the same boat. I applied Jan 13th, got a NOA on the 20th (in DC), but no biometrics appointment. I called today and had a request put in my local field office - got the same wait 45 days before calling back comment.

I don't remember exactly when my biometrics were taken to remove the conditions on my permanent residency, but it was probably around your similar time - march 08. Will be curious to see what happens.

Keep me posted and i'll do the same.

dc11...

I walked into the ASC in Alexandria to get my prints done.....I strongly advise you to do the same...

The prints from your I751 are only valid for 10months to 1 year.

I'm in the same boat. I applied Jan 13th, got a NOA on the 20th (in DC), but no biometrics appointment. I called today and had a request put in my local field office - got the same wait 45 days before calling back comment.

I don't remember exactly when my biometrics were taken to remove the conditions on my permanent residency, but it was probably around your similar time - march 08. Will be curious to see what happens.

Keep me posted and i'll do the same.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

This information is wrong.

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months, and that's why the applicants above did not receive a notice.

Should their cases not be adjudicated within 15 months from their last fingerprinting, they will receive a new FP appointment.

Let's be a little less paranoid about immigration... :thumbs:

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

Italian in NY,

Before making such judgement you must know my FP's were 1 year and 2 days old when in had my interview.

I was advised that they were no longer valid...I am merely suggesting..which is what this forum is for..based on MY experience..that Wil and DC11 should walk in to the ASC get new prints done...which I did...so that prints will be current when they attend thier interview...there is NO harm in doing that....

This information is wrong.

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months, and that's why the applicants above did not receive a notice.

Should their cases not be adjudicated within 15 months from their last fingerprinting, they will receive a new FP appointment.

Let's be a little less paranoid about immigration... :thumbs:

Thank you for all your reply.

I don't know how this should work.

2.5 Years ago when I tried a walk-in to do my fingerprint without an appt letter for my I-765, they turned me down. They said I should have an appt letter. So i did wait a little longer for my appt letter. It came 1 months later. So I believe our ASC office doesn't take anyone without an appt letter.

1 Year ago when I applied my Status of Adustment (10 year GC). I got my bio appt letter within 30 day after NOA1 was recieved. I had my FP on Mar 8, 2008.

Do you mean due to I'm still in the period of validty of FP in their system (I think I read it before that in 1.5 years, FP will disappear from their system, so we need to take it again), that's why I'm not required to do a new FP for my N400? Has this happened to anyone else in their case?

Now it's N400 and I thought i should get the bio appt letter by end Feb since i sent it at the end of Jan. But it has not shown up yet. I did give USCIS a call this afternoon and the customer service put a request into the system for my case's Bio appt. She said i should wait for up to 45 days to get a reply regarding this. If not, I should call them back. 45 days?? OMG, I don't think I can wait and do nothing in this 45 days... That's too long.

we are in the same situation. I appied N-400 on 1/06/2009 and got the NOA on 1/20/2009. I never receive the FP letter untill now. I called USCIS twice at the end of February, first time i was told by the CSR that they would put a request into system for my FP but i Have to wait for 45 days to get it. the second time i talked to the IO and told that my FP put in Pending queue on 1/26/09, put in waiting for interview queue on 02/06/09.

I took FP on 01/2008 for i-751.

Timeline

Thank you 'cml', 'Italian in NY', 'DC 11' and 'CatherineCC' for sharing all your experience. I really appreciated.

Don't be upset at anyone. I think all of us are trying to give each other what we have known or heard. With USCIS, we really can not tell what the right way is. Probably I will try to walk in to ASC in Brooklyn this Friday to see if they can accept to do my fingerprint. I'm not confident though... If I do go this Friday, I will let you know the result.

But will they tell me my fingerprint is still valid in their system because this Friday is 03.06 and my last one was taken on 03.08?

Thank you 'cml', 'Italian in NY', 'DC 11' and 'CatherineCC' for sharing all your experience. I really appreciated.

Don't be upset at anyone. I think all of us are trying to give each other what we have known or heard. With USCIS, we really can not tell what the right way is. Probably I will try to walk in to ASC in Brooklyn this Friday to see if they can accept to do my fingerprint. I'm not confident though... If I do go this Friday, I will let you know the result.

But will they tell me my fingerprint is still valid in their system because this Friday is 03.06 and my last one was taken on 03.08?

Will, i am in Brooklyn too.

"Fingerprints are valid for 15 months" who can give me a link that i want to proof that is true.

Timeline

Will, i am in Brooklyn too.

"Fingerprints are valid for 15 months" who can give me a link that i want to proof that is true.

Catherine,

You sent your package even earlier than ours. The ASC office is in downtown brooklyn. That's the place we went for the last 2 finger prints. And yours ? Maybe Friday I will give a try to walk-in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.