11 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We just got a letter saying that my husband has to go back in and have his fingerprints retaken for biometrics a second time. When we went last time the person tried numerous times to get good prints off of his hands, but his skin is too smooth and the lines just weren't showing up, so I'm afraid we're going to have the same problem next time we go.

Has anyone else had this issue with their application? If his hands just don't have proper prints are they just going to keep calling us back over and over or is there something else we can do to compensate for this?

Thanks,

Jillian

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I think they can just do ink and paper prints.

I've had problems with electronic fingerprinting before. I needed to get a Canadian police check for my K-1 visa but the scanner the RCMP (Canadian police) use wouldn't take my prints. They ended up doing ink and paper ones instead.

When I had my biometrics appointment this morning, I told the guy about my electronic fingerprints issue in Canada. He told me that they sometimes have to do ink and paper prints there at the Application Serivce Center too. Luckily, the scanner there seemed to work for me.

~ Catherine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

this happened to me too. my fingerprints dont show distinct lines. dont worry, uscis can only ask you to retake the fingerprints for the 2nd time. if after that the fingerprints are still rejected, they will request the fbi to do a name check instead. i thought this problem would delay my case, but surprisingly it did not. the ead, ap and aos interview schedule came just in time. i read in the fbi website that they prioritize uscis over other clients with regard to fingerprint clearance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

My fingerprint got rejected twice too. We got another letter from USCIS in the end of Feb that saying I need to get Non-criminal record from countries that I lived in past five years.

This really messing us up right now since the due date is coming up on end of this month. Yes, we only have a month to prepare.

I called both of the police offices (in Japan and HK) where I lived in this past five years but there is no way I can submit both of the Non-criminal records to the USCIS by end of March since I HAVE to go back to the countries to apply for it. (I can't apply from the U.S) And it takes more than 2 to 4 weeks to get the records too.

Not sure what we should do. My husband is trying to call the USCIS office today. Hope we can get a good result.

Does anyone have the same problem like us before?

It helps a lot if you can share your story.

Thanks!

I-129F Sent : 2007-06-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-15

I-129F RFE(s) : n/a

RFE Reply(s) : n/a

I-129F NOA2 : Received 2007-12-08!!!!!

NVC Received : 2007-12-11

NVC Left : 2007-12-13 (around that day)

Consulate Received : 2007-12-17 (around that day)

Packet 3 Received : 2007-12-21 !!!!!

Applied Police Certificate : 2007-12-26

Medical test : 2007-12-26

Packet 3 Sent 2007-12-28

Medical test result : 2008-01-06

Got Police Certificate : 2008-01-11

Interview Date : 2008-02-12!! APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 2008-2-14

Enter U.S : 2008-05-05

Get Married : 2008-5-15

I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765, I-131, I-693A Sent : 2008-5-27

I-797C NOA1 (Application for EAD) Received : 2008-6-11

I-797C NOA2 (Application for Travel Document) Received : 2008-6-11

I-797C NOA3 (Application to I-485) Received : 2008-6-11

I-797C NOA4 Received : 2008-6-13

Fingerprint1 : 2008-6-27

I-797C NOA5 Received : 2008-6-30

Fingerprint2 : 2008-7-15

I-797C NOA6 Received : 2008-7-22

I-512L(Authorization for Parole) : 2008-8-22

EAD Received : 2008-8-28

I-797C NOA7 : 2009-2-14 - Need "No Criminal Record" from Japan and HK!!!!! Augh!!!

Applied for "No Criminal Record" from Japan and HK : 2009-4 and 2009-7

Submitted to USCIS : 2009-7

I-797C NOA8 : 2009-8 Need "No Criminal Record" from US

Submitted to USCIS : 2009-8

Received PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD!!!! : 2009-9-10 - FINALLY!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
My fingerprint got rejected twice too. We got another letter from USCIS in the end of Feb that saying I need to get Non-criminal record from countries that I lived in past five years.

This really messing us up right now since the due date is coming up on end of this month. Yes, we only have a month to prepare.

I called both of the police offices (in Japan and HK) where I lived in this past five years but there is no way I can submit both of the Non-criminal records to the USCIS by end of March since I HAVE to go back to the countries to apply for it. (I can't apply from the U.S) And it takes more than 2 to 4 weeks to get the records too.

Not sure what we should do. My husband is trying to call the USCIS office today. Hope we can get a good result.

Does anyone have the same problem like us before?

It helps a lot if you can share your story.

Thanks!

I did some searching and you may want to take a look at this string:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21442

They received the same 5 year request that you did (and that we may end up with) and upon further clarification it appears that the government is only interested in the time the immigrant has lived in the US. You may want to confirm this by calling yourselves, but it could save you a lot of stress.

Jillian

Yes. This happened to us. This is the USCIS procedure:

They only take fingerprints twice. If they are rejected by the FBI 2X, then you will be one of the ones scheduled for an interview due to "non-classifiable fingerprints" or something like that. AS soon as you get your interview letter, go to your local police station and get a certificate of good behavior for your husband. It's basically a letter saying there is no record of any crime or misbehavior from XXX date (we had them put date of US entry) until the date of the letter. The letter ONLY covers time in the US. They already have your police certificate from the embassy in the A-File, we saw it.

Here's the deal - they will interview you and hold your approval until you go get the certificate, or they will take the certificate at the interview and approve you on the spot, which, since we brought ours, made it a done deal. So, this is kind of stupid of USCIS, for a $3 criminal record from the houston PD it replaced their vaunted $80 FBI fingerprint check.

We learned this on infopass after calling the FBI fingerprint check line 72 hours after the (2nd) set of prints were taken and the FBI told us that the 2nd set were rejected. We were basically in the "####### do we do now?" mode because we had no idea, as you do not, what would happen to our case with no fingerprint check.

Sources:

"twice rejected fingerprint procedure" is in the USCIS Field Adjudicators manual - calls for scheduling an AOS interview

Local "police certificate" requirement was learned on infopass appt. This certificate was also asked for during our AOS interview.

Good luck

Good luck.

We just got a letter saying that my husband has to go back in and have his fingerprints retaken for biometrics a second time. When we went last time the person tried numerous times to get good prints off of his hands, but his skin is too smooth and the lines just weren't showing up, so I'm afraid we're going to have the same problem next time we go.

Has anyone else had this issue with their application? If his hands just don't have proper prints are they just going to keep calling us back over and over or is there something else we can do to compensate for this?

Thanks,

Jillian

i don't get it.

Timeline

sorry for the wrong info i gave before. i just had my aos interview yesterday. the interviewer informed me that my 2nd fingerprint was rejected(no rfe was sent to me before) and asked me to submit a clearance letter from the LA sheriff dept within 30 days. i guess i will be approved as soon as i submit that letter.

we tried to call nearby police/sheriff stations but we were informed to go to Norwalk sheriff station because it's the only one that provides clearance letter for uscis. quite a hassle.

• 4 months later...
Timeline
sorry for the wrong info i gave before. i just had my aos interview yesterday. the interviewer informed me that my 2nd fingerprint was rejected(no rfe was sent to me before) and asked me to submit a clearance letter from the LA sheriff dept within 30 days. i guess i will be approved as soon as i submit that letter.

we tried to call nearby police/sheriff stations but we were informed to go to Norwalk sheriff station because it's the only one that provides clearance letter for uscis. quite a hassle.

hello gabriela,

we also have the same case...my 2nd fingerprint was rejected also. we went to state police today, but they didnt give me clearance instead just took my fingerprint manual and gave me the sheet. did the Norwalk sheriff station give u a police clearance or just took a manual fingerprint of u?

please advise. God Bless.

• 4 years later...

Thanks,

Jillian

Yep. Same with us.

What happened to us: We got scheduled for interview. At the interview they told us to go get a police report from the local police station to replace the background check. Luckily someone on here told us so we had gotten one before the interview. We submitted the police report and we were approved that day.

i don't get it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~This is an OLD thread from July 2009, consider starting a new thread.~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

One post moved to relevant forum. Closing zombie thread.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.