Crazy & Mad

AOS FILERS: MARCH 2009

1,230 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Some of you are very lucky.

And some of us are very concerned... we have no info, no touch, no transfer, nothing.

Our AP case number doesn't even show up on the USCIS web site. The AOS and EAD case numbers don't show activity since April 13.

We just got a while back a letter telling us to go for the interview on June 30th.

We need the AP to travel in July, and of course the EAD ASAP for work.

How do you guys get all this info, like "card production" and "approval dates" if the web site shows nothing?

By the way, the USCIS shows our K-1 application as still being processed, so I think we have been shut out from web site updates since the very beginning.

And for all of you who are still waiting like us, does the foreign fiance/spouse had any 'bad' history with the immigration office? Angela sure does (short overstay of a tourist visa a few years back) and I am wondering if they put our files on the "wait and make them sweat" pile ;)

Anything we can do to speed up things?

From what I've seen, there is absolutely no consistent rhyme or reason for which cases show up online or when (or even if) they show up. Same applies to when or if emails are sent. Like you guys, our K-1 still shows a "case received and pending" status. Our I-485 still doesn't show up at all, although I'm expecting to get an interview letter soon. If I were you, I wouldn't try to make any sense of it, and I would not sweat it. If they've set your interview date, things are progressing at what seems to be the going rate. Chances are good that you'll receive the AP real soon without it ever showing up online. Don't worry about it! :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It showed up on our online status for AOS that they are requesting for additional evidence. It was just sent today. Now I'm worried what could it be. The only thing I can think of is the House Title since my husband put it as an asset on the Affidavit of Support, but we didn't include the title since my husband lost his copy and his income alone is already above the poverty line without his assets.

:huh:

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
It showed up on our online status for AOS that they are requesting for additional evidence. It was just sent today. Now I'm worried what could it be. The only thing I can think of is the House Title since my husband put it as an asset on the Affidavit of Support, but we didn't include the title since my husband lost his copy and his income alone is already above the poverty line without his assets.

I'd bet money that is not what the RFE is for. As long as you're showing sufficient income, they don't care about any assets listed. Just try to be patient and not worry.....you'll know soon enough. Chances are, it's no big deal, and you'll be able to reply quickly and resolve it. Let us know. Hang in there! Best of luck to you!

I'd bet money that is not what the RFE is for. As long as you're showing sufficient income, they don't care about any assets listed. Just try to be patient and not worry.....you'll know soon enough. Chances are, it's no big deal, and you'll be able to reply quickly and resolve it. Let us know. Hang in there! Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the encouragement. It helps alot! Yes, I'll keep y'all posted.

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thats alright... you have your EAD. somehow, you can move on with your life. get drivers license and work... dont worry for now. wait till you receive the rfe letter. =)

march 29, 2009 sent aos, ead papers to Chicago Lockbox

april 18, 2009 transferred papers to CSC

may 5, 2009 Biometrics

may 6, 2009 EAD, AOS touched

may 12, 2009 AOS touched

may 14, 2009 EAD card production ordered.

may 19, 2009 EAD card production ordered. 2nd email.

May 20, 2009 EAD touched again. PLs come to my doorstep.

May 22, 2009 EAD Approval notice sent. Thank you Lord.

may 26, 2009 EAD received. YEY!!!

june 18, 2009 CRIS email; card production ordered.

june 18, 2009 CRIS email; Welcome notice mailed.

Good things happen to those who waits.

GOD IS GOOD.

Timeline

omg, im so happy. just got a touch. it says EAD approval notice sent..... thank you Lord!!!!=) i cant wait!!!

march 29, 2009 sent aos, ead papers to Chicago Lockbox

april 18, 2009 transferred papers to CSC

may 5, 2009 Biometrics

may 6, 2009 EAD, AOS touched

may 12, 2009 AOS touched

may 14, 2009 EAD card production ordered.

may 19, 2009 EAD card production ordered. 2nd email.

May 20, 2009 EAD touched again. PLs come to my doorstep.

May 22, 2009 EAD Approval notice sent. Thank you Lord.

may 26, 2009 EAD received. YEY!!!

june 18, 2009 CRIS email; card production ordered.

june 18, 2009 CRIS email; Welcome notice mailed.

Good things happen to those who waits.

GOD IS GOOD.

thats alright... you have your EAD. somehow, you can move on with your life. get drivers license and work... dont worry for now. wait till you receive the rfe letter. =)

Thanks! Ya, I'm currently looking for a job now. It's somehow good cos I got it which would be a great help for me start moving on with the American life. But GC is the most important but yes I know that as soon as we can provide them what they're asking for, we'll be back in the process. *sigh*

Aug 13 - Naturalized

you could try to call USCIS to have them expedite your AP. you just need to have your receipt number for the AP and have a reason that falls under one of their categories. if you have a family emergency or medical reason i think that is accepted.

And some of us are very concerned... we have no info, no touch, no transfer, nothing.

Our AP case number doesn't even show up on the USCIS web site. The AOS and EAD case numbers don't show activity since April 13.

We just got a while back a letter telling us to go for the interview on June 30th.

How do you guys get all this info, like "card production" and "approval dates" if the web site shows nothing?

By the way, the USCIS shows our K-1 application as still being processed, so I think we have been shut out from web site updates since the very beginning.

And for all of you who are still waiting like us, does the foreign fiance/spouse had any 'bad' history with the immigration office? Angela sure does (short overstay of a tourist visa a few years back) and I am wondering if they put our files on the "wait and make them sweat" pile ;)

----------------------------------------------

~ I-751 ROC Timeline ~

04-20-2011 I-751 Package sent to VSC

04-21-2011 I-751 Package received at VSC

04-27-2011 Check cashed

04-28-2011 NOA1 received (dated 04-22-2011)

05-25-2011 Biometrics Appointment notice received (dated 05-20-2011)

06-14-2011 Biometrics appt

12-08-2011 I-751 Approval notice received (dated 12-05-11)

12-??-2011 10yr GC received! (letter dated 12-12-11)

~ AOS and I-130 Timeline ~

03-30-2009 Package Sent via Express Mail to Chicago

03-31-2009 USPS Confirmed Delivery

04-06-2009 NOA1 Issued (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765)

04-09-2009 NOA1 Received in mail

04-09-2009 Checks cashed/Biometrics Notice Issued

04-13-2009 Biometrics Letter received

04-23-2009 Biometrics appt completed

04-27-2009 Requested expedited AP by phone

04-29-2009 EAD Card production approved and AP approval notice issued

05-04-2009 AP received

05-05-2009 EAD approval notice issued

05-08-2009 EAD received

05-12-2009 Interview notice issued

05-16-2009 Interview notice received

07-16-2009 Interview date, GC approved!

Timeline

My wife's AOS got a touch on 5/22... I just saw it today, and it says Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

So the green card is on it's way soon, no RFE for 693 (the DS3025 was enough). Just to go along with notes about the no rhyme or reason to which cases show online or who actually receives emails from CRIS... no email about this change, I just had to login and look.

My wife's AOS got a touch on 5/22... I just saw it today, and it says Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

So the green card is on it's way soon, no RFE for 693 (the DS3025 was enough). Just to go along with notes about the no rhyme or reason to which cases show online or who actually receives emails from CRIS... no email about this change, I just had to login and look.

Ya, I never received an email when I had the latest update about our AOS either. I just checked it and I saw an RFE. damn! Still waiting for the actual letter to know what it is about. *sigh*

Congratulations to you, btw! :thumbs:

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

From what I've seen, there is absolutely no consistent rhyme or reason for which cases show up online or when (or even if) they show up. Same applies to when or if emails are sent. Like you guys, our K-1 still shows a "case received and pending" status. Our I-485 still doesn't show up at all, although I'm expecting to get an interview letter soon. If I were you, I wouldn't try to make any sense of it, and I would not sweat it. If they've set your interview date, things are progressing at what seems to be the going rate. Chances are good that you'll receive the AP real soon without it ever showing up online. Don't worry about it! :)

I agree and this has been our experience too.

It was just this past Thursday, the 21st, that I was able to finally view my I-485 on line and could add it to my portfolio.

Edited by My Lao Po

I-130 for CR-1/CR-2 Timeline:

Married in Guangzhou, China 12-2006.

05/03/07: I-130's for CR-1 and CR-2 mailed to CSC via USPS

06/23/07: NOA-1/I-797C's.

11/06/07: NOA-2’s were issued. CR-1/2 Abandoned, for K-3/4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I-129F for K-3/K-4 Timeline:

06/11/07: I-129F for K-3/K-4 mailed to Chicago.

06/13/07: Received at Chicago.

06/15/07: Received NOA-1 Form I-797C, from Chicago.

06/26/07: E-mail notice of transfer to the CSC.

11/06/07: NOA-2 approval issued for the I-129F.

12/06/07: I-129F for K-3/4 has been received at the NVC.

06/02/08: Interview passed at US Consulate Guangzhou

06/06/08: Return together and arrive at POE LAX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS K-3/K-4 I-485/I-765 Timeline:

03-25-09: Mailed files.

03-27-09: Received at Chicago.

04-02-09: NOA’s for (K-3 and K-4) I-485 and I-765.

04-03-09: Both checks ($1010.00 and $600.00) cashed.

04-07-09: NOA’s Biometrics Appt.

04-14-09: Both I-765 files entered into the online system.

04-24-09: Biometrics appt. completed.

05-07-09: NOA with Interview Date of June 16, 2009.

05-21-09: Now have both I-485 files viewable.

05-23-09: EAD card production ordered x2.

06-01-09: EAD cards received in mail.

06-18-09: AOS Interviews completed and GC production ordered.

06-22-09: Welcome letters received.

07-07-09: 10 year Green Cards arrive. PM 07-01-09.

still no frickin touches for us!!! Ahhhh this is driving me crazy. I have taken the advice of most of you and have not been relying on the emails b/c they apparently dont work if you have a change of status or touch or w/e, but everytime i check, still nothing, same old touch date, 4/30. I need some action soon or a surprise EAD, AP or GC in the mail to keep my sanity!!!!!!!!! :bonk:

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline

I figure even though we've hit approved, I'll keep watching my online status for a bit, at least until it says card production ordered, so far it's still on welcome letter sent. There has been a touch today but no change otherwise (and no letter yet, but seems like that takes about a week to get to us from CSC so maybe thursday). My wife is going to apply at a telecommunications place today... it's not a great job... but it should be an easy job to get (call center) and keep her busy until she can get into something she'll enjoy. Still, wish us luck, one of the nice things is the call center is located right next to my work so sheer convenience would make that job a little nicer than many others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks! Ya, I'm currently looking for a job now. It's somehow good cos I got it which would be a great help for me start moving on with the American life. But GC is the most important but yes I know that as soon as we can provide them what they're asking for, we'll be back in the process. *sigh*

Don't Worry dear I hope it turns out to be a small thing that they are asking from you. You will get your approvals soon, just hang in there!... Good Luck to you .

Regards,

Amrit & Rob

****ROC****

GC-Date: Nov 25th 2011The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card

Sent: Nov 11th 2014 N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Packet Delivered: Nov 27 2014
ChkCashd: Dec 2nd 2014
NOA: Dec 8th 2014
Fprints: Jan 7th 2015
In Line: Jan 9th 2015
Int Ltr: Jan 19th 2015
Intview: Feb 26th 2015
Oath: March 19th 2015
Field Office: San Antonio

I figure even though we've hit approved, I'll keep watching my online status for a bit, at least until it says card production ordered, so far it's still on welcome letter sent. There has been a touch today but no change otherwise (and no letter yet, but seems like that takes about a week to get to us from CSC so maybe thursday). My wife is going to apply at a telecommunications place today... it's not a great job... but it should be an easy job to get (call center) and keep her busy until she can get into something she'll enjoy. Still, wish us luck, one of the nice things is the call center is located right next to my work so sheer convenience would make that job a little nicer than many others.

Congrats on the approval, hopefully your green card will be a bit quicker coming in the post i recieved the welcome letter last week and still no sign of the green card and it was ordered the day after my ead and i've had that for 2 weeks.

Terry and Elisa Married 19th January 2009

K1 Timeline

05/16/08 - I-129F NOA1

09/17/08 - NOA2 - Approved

10/31/08 - K1 medical In London

11/25/08 - K1 interview - RFE for co sponsor

12/23/08 - K1 visa in passport

AOS Timeline

03/31/09 - NOA1 on I-485, I131, I765

04/02/09 - Biometric Appointment for 05/04/09

04/13/09 - LUD I-485 - Transfer to CSC

04/23/09 - I-485, I765 Biometrics

05/15/09 - EAD and AP recieved!

05/22/09 - GC Welcome Letter Reciceved

06/08/09 - Green Card recieved

I-751 ROC Timeline

05/02/2011 Package sent to VSC

05/09/2011 NOA1

06/17/2011 Biometric Appointment

01/30/2012 NOA2 Approved

02/13/2012 Green Card Recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.