r0yalflush

sent in original, no copies, no time stamps on passport help!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Great my situation keeps getting worse and worse. The original boarding passes were sent in along with the I-129F, i have no copies of them, and no time stamps on my passport. What should i do now?

I will be flying back to Vietnam in 2 months for my our child's Consular Report of Birth. This time i will keep everything and make sure to get time stamps on my passport. Will this helps?

Great my situation keeps getting worse and worse. The original boarding passes were sent in along with the I-129F, i have no copies of them, and no time stamps on my passport. What should i do now?

I will be flying back to Vietnam in 2 months for my our child's Consular Report of Birth. This time i will keep everything and make sure to get time stamps on my passport. Will this helps?

The passes should remain with your I-129f package. So they will be there for the interview.

Your second trip will help show you are committed to your wife to be, but if they question the "two year meeting prior to the petition", it will not count.

Do you have any other evidence of your original trip? credit card receipts, bus/plane tickets in country, anything with date/location would be helpful.

Strange you didn't get any stamps on your passport.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Are you sure? How did you pass through customs at the airport without your passport being stamped?

As for your boarding pass situation...have you tried calling the airline you flew with to see if they will issue you a letter confirming you flew on the dates/times listed.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are you sure? How did you pass through customs at the airport without your passport being stamped?

As for your boarding pass situation...have you tried calling the airline you flew with to see if they will issue you a letter confirming you flew on the dates/times listed.

I have no idea how i didnt get stamped. I can call the airline i flew with and they willl issue a letter confirming the dates/times?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

You poor man, you really arent having an easy time of it are you ... *sigh* like the others said you should be ok ... submit a copy with a note saying they were included in the original package and hope to gawd that the person reviewing isnt having a crappy day ... but Im sure you be fine!

I had the prob with my police check, it gets sent direct to the embassy so i rang and confirmed it had been sent and I then included a copy of the receipt in with the file so they could see it had indeed been paid ... prob wasnt necessary but it made me feel better ...

To answer the question about the stamp ... the passports dont always get stamped theyre doing some electronically ... my fiances passport wasnt stamped either and he had a nigh stop over in fiji cause the plane was fluffed and then entry into Australia and he didnt get it stamp in either ... same for the return trip, no stamps ... they just viewed it did whatever they do in customs and let him thru ...

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

This passport stamping thing can be a little unpredictable in Vietnam. If you are issued a single use visa that is not permanently affixed to your passport, they may only stamp the back of the visa coming in and then they will keep it when you leave since it is only single use (that happened to me on my very first business trip to Vietnam). I have been to Vietnam 17 times in the last 16 months and that's the only one I am missing. If you get a visa that is permanently affixed to your passport, they will have to stamp your passport in the traditional fashion.

To answer the question about the stamp ... the passports dont always get stamped theyre doing some electronically ... my fiances passport wasnt stamped either and he had a nigh stop over in fiji cause the plane was fluffed and then entry into Australia and he didnt get it stamp in either ... same for the return trip, no stamps ... they just viewed it did whatever they do in customs and let him thru ...

You can always ask for your passport to be stamped. I do, and have actual stamps from the countries I've been too.

I got in the habit since the time I was stopped in Greece, and they wanted to look at my passport for actual entry stamps.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Huh ok ... Ill keep that in mind and make sure I get mine stamped since most likely Ill be going thru Fiji to ... so whats the deal are they trying to save $$ on ink or something :lol:

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I will assume you have been together since you have a child and they haven't changed the method for making those in, like, 45 years or so. So how did you get in and out (of Viet Nam, I mean) without a passport stamp?

In Ukraine they are crazy with the "Ka-chunk"ing stamps and I am always afraid they will not stop and stamp my head or something. Are you sure you did not get passport stamps?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I will assume you have been together since you have a child and they haven't changed the method for making those in, like, 45 years or so. So how did you get in and out (of Viet Nam, I mean) without a passport stamp?

In Ukraine they are crazy with the "Ka-chunk"ing stamps and I am always afraid they will not stop and stamp my head or something. Are you sure you did not get passport stamps?

Gary and Alla, see my post from yesterday. When one has a loose visa in Vietnam, they will stamp the back of the visa not your passport. This is the only country I have been to that has the practice of both loose visas and not stamping your passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.