ariesgirl

my k3 application forwarded to Fraud unit

74 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes, there are plenty of couples here on VJ with large age gaps that are true relationships. It's not like the Co has never seen that before.

I worked with a girl about 9 years ago, who had just got here from the phillipines. her husband was about 25-30 years older than her..of course we all wondered about it. (human nature) I got to know them both and you know what? i had never seen a more doting and devoted wife than her. i guess i am just saying that I truly beleive that there are couples that love the hell out of eachother and they dont have any problems with the age gap. :thumbs:

I hope someone comes along with a similar experience that can share it with you. I have no idea about the anti fraud unit or what the procedure is. :unsure:

Maybe if you post in the phil forum you will get more results from people who have "been there and done that"

Good Luck :)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also had the interview with the fraud unit. They will try to confuse you and have you make mistakes. Take you're time and be sure of the question before you answer. My wife was in the annex lobby all day. After the interview it took two months and seventeen days before the visa arrived. I am the US citizen, and was in constant contact with the embassy. Try to remember all the questions that was on the two pages, they will ask them again. It is important that you answer the questions.

Our age difference is twenty six years. We made it and are praying that you have good results...... :thumbs:

thank you for your post. It gave me hope. I'm looking forward for a positive outcome. I hope God will clear up their minds on their misjudgement. Thanks for the prayer.

God gave you the brain and tools to work with. Have your hubby call his senator and get working on it bukas.

Don't reley on prayer alone.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is something that we could be missing here like has he ever married abroad before? If so what was the outcome? Does he have any health problems? Or if you claimed you wanted to have children some of those thing are and indicator to them, but I agree he should be there if there is a second interview. What did the person at window ask you before you talked to the interviewer?

We had the congressman involved with our case before it reached the embassy. I do not think that made alot of difference. It is critical that the usc shows intrest. I had contact with the embassy three times a week or more. We had affadavits written by ten people having first hand knowledge of our relationship. Also had another proofs package that was very large, we presented this at the second interview.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

God gave you the brain and tools to work with. Have your hubby call his senator and get working on it bukas.

oh i know he faxed a letter to his senator . Does the senator would give time in immigration cases? did u do the same before?

We also had the interview with the fraud unit. They will try to confuse you and have you make mistakes. Take you're time and be sure of the question before you answer. My wife was in the annex lobby all day. After the interview it took two months and seventeen days before the visa arrived. I am the US citizen, and was in constant contact with the embassy. Try to remember all the questions that was on the two pages, they will ask them again. It is important that you answer the questions.

Our age difference is twenty six years. We made it and are praying that you have good results...... :thumbs:

thank you for your post. It gave me hope. I'm looking forward for a positive outcome. I hope God will clear up their minds on their misjudgement. Thanks for the prayer.

oh i know he faxed a letter to his senator . Does the senator would give time in immigration cases? did u do the same before?

09-24-2008: I-130 sent

10-01-2008: I-130 NOA1

10- -2008: I-129F sent

11-01-2008: I-129F NOA1

01-21-2009: I-129F NOA2

01-23-2009: I-130 approved

02-07-2009: received letter from NVC - Choice of Agent and Address form.

02-23-2009: USEM Interview for k3 (but case forwarded to FPU)

03-02-2009: called FPU for the listing of additional requirements

03-12-2009: returned to FPU, submitted documents and had an interview.

03-15-2009: received an email from NVC - bill to agent $400 processing fee and paid it

03-26-2009: done with the fraud unit

03-30-2009: recieved the instruction packet for CR-1

05-09-2009: visa received

05-12-2009: my flight to Sacramento California

Timeline
What does your husband think about this?

He probably should have been there at interview with such a large age gap but there is nothing you can do about that now.

He should be on the phone to his congressman or representative first thing Monday morning. He needs to get involved to show he is interested and you have valid marriage.

You need to show the marriage is valid not that it is viable. So he needs to get involved ASAP.

I know he already faxed a letter to his senator, but no reply yet. Do u think it would help if he calls directly to US embassy fraud unit?

09-24-2008: I-130 sent

10-01-2008: I-130 NOA1

10- -2008: I-129F sent

11-01-2008: I-129F NOA1

01-21-2009: I-129F NOA2

01-23-2009: I-130 approved

02-07-2009: received letter from NVC - Choice of Agent and Address form.

02-23-2009: USEM Interview for k3 (but case forwarded to FPU)

03-02-2009: called FPU for the listing of additional requirements

03-12-2009: returned to FPU, submitted documents and had an interview.

03-15-2009: received an email from NVC - bill to agent $400 processing fee and paid it

03-26-2009: done with the fraud unit

03-30-2009: recieved the instruction packet for CR-1

05-09-2009: visa received

05-12-2009: my flight to Sacramento California

I know he already faxed a letter to his senator, but no reply yet. Do u think it would help if he calls directly to US embassy fraud unit?

Yes I think that would help. If he talks to them in person he can find out what exactly what is going on. If they are going to schedule an another interview he should arrange for him to be there.

He also needs to talk to the senators office directly. They will want him to sign a consent before they will do anything. Its very very important he get very involved in the process now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question is why not fall in love with someone who is 60 years old in the RP? What turns you on to a 60 year old from a foriegn country? Yeah, you might keep saying that you love him, but they might want to know why. What is so special about him? How's he different than available 60 year olds in the RP? Lots of questions that can be asked, but it is true, the love can be geniune and real even with an age difference. I'm just "playing" the devil here. It is actually very easy to put together a "loving" package - pictures and chat logs and phone calls are easy in the case of fraud and true love. How many trips did he make to the RP? How long did he stay in the RP? The real hard things and expensive things like travel count the most, I think (especially when there is a huge age difference). If you are a savvy filipina, one with above education, one with a good living in the RP, that could be a strike against you since you would depend less on your 60 year old husband so you'd be much more able to divorce far quicker than others. Again, just "playing" the devil here.

Sometimes COs put obstacles in front of people to test their devotion. Imagine the number of petitions that are dropped by the USC at the first test of their patients and devotion. Many of those cases aren't posted here, but you know they have to exist along with the many fraudulent petitions that are submitted by US based filipinos trying to get relatives in the US.

Okay, done with playing devil now. Your USC should now be in overdrive contacting everyone whom he thinks can help him (senator, congressman/woman, calling embassy). I think this is part of the test, how will he react? At this point, what might be more important isn't how much you love him, but how much he loves you. Will he fight to get you to the USA is what the USE is wondering.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Question is why not fall in love with someone who is 60 years old in the RP? What turns you on to a 60 year old from a foriegn country? Yeah, you might keep saying that you love him, but they might want to know why. What is so special about him? How's he different than available 60 year olds in the RP? Lots of questions that can be asked, but it is true, the love can be geniune and real even with an age difference. I'm just "playing" the devil here. It is actually very easy to put together a "loving" package - pictures and chat logs and phone calls are easy in the case of fraud and true love. How many trips did he make to the RP? How long did he stay in the RP? The real hard things and expensive things like travel count the most, I think (especially when there is a huge age difference). If you are a savvy filipina, one with above education, one with a good living in the RP, that could be a strike against you since you would depend less on your 60 year old husband so you'd be much more able to divorce far quicker than others. Again, just "playing" the devil here.

Sometimes COs put obstacles in front of people to test their devotion. Imagine the number of petitions that are dropped by the USC at the first test of their patients and devotion. Many of those cases aren't posted here, but you know they have to exist along with the many fraudulent petitions that are submitted by US based filipinos trying to get relatives in the US.

Okay, done with playing devil now. Your USC should now be in overdrive contacting everyone whom he thinks can help him (senator, congressman/woman, calling embassy). I think this is part of the test, how will he react? At this point, what might be more important isn't how much you love him, but how much he loves you. Will he fight to get you to the USA is what the USE is wondering.

i 2nd to that :thumbs:

to the OP: goodluck and i wish u get passed this huge obstacle into getting back together again. like others have said: stick to your first answers in case they repeteadly ask the same questions again and again. Consistency equals the thruth. :)

Edited by veepee

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

Timeline
Interesting so explain to us a little about the age gap and did you tell them you wanted to have kids and raise a family?

I am 30 and he is 60 yrs old. And i firmly believe, love is not being measured by the age. I know age does matter with others but it doesnt to me. i know the consul is doubting my real intention but no one can judge me except for my husband, he is the only one who knows me.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. The age gap issue CAN be a problem because "marriage of convenience" type fraud is exploding in phils. Just go to the malls and see the 65 yr old American guys with 18 or close to it yr old girls. The guys are looking for young flesh and the girls are looking for a ticket out of their poverty. Now not all age gap couples are marriage of convienience but a good portion of them are. So as the fraud worsens then those who are in a real relationship but have large age gap will continue to pay the price for other's sins. I have been to phils 5 times seen this situation all the time. Been to the embassy talked to guys who's younger girls they petitioned visa's get denied for that reason.

Some roads in life are easy. Some roads you take are hard. One you choose the road your on. You must keep going to reach your destination.

Now i know there will be people who will be riled up with my statements saying i stereotyping etc. But I seen it first hand many times also, even look at the mail order bride ads and you can see a pattern of young females in phils seeking much older guys in which the age gap at times is almost triple their age who are well off. The evidence is their to support my statements. I wish you luck. They will most likely make your life hell for it but be stronge and you should get your visa.. Just be prepared to be grilled Take care

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

wow...30+ age gap? anyway sana naging confident ka na lang and sana tinignan mo rin siya sa mata and said, mahal ko siya eh ano ngayon kung mas matanda diba? ( you should have been confident and looked him in the eye and said i love him and who cares if he is older?) americans are really like that and they think they can just boss around filipinos.

i too am worried about my husband's case when he gets interviewed. he is muslim and i hope the issue with different religions does not come up...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Interesting so explain to us a little about the age gap and did you tell them you wanted to have kids and raise a family?

I am 30 and he is 60 yrs old. And i firmly believe, love is not being measured by the age. I know age does matter with others but it doesnt to me. i know the consul is doubting my real intention but no one can judge me except for my husband, he is the only one who knows me.

my goodness ! why do filipino women have a fancy for guys double their age. And what will they do when they get old ? after 15-20 years ?

live alone for the rest of their lives. Well, that is what the interviewer is thinking as he is seeing so many such cases..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
What is the age gap?

I thought if you sent relationship proof in to USCIS, that they could not use proof of relationship against you or is that a misconception, I also thought that the consulate officer was not to re adjudicate unless there was clear and convincing evidence of fraud. Wasn’t there a memorandum sent out by the state department a little while stating just that?

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

OP, I hope that you can get back to us once this is all over so that we can better understand their decision. I'd be most interested in this as time and time again, people advise on here that beneficiaries from the Philippines that are much younger than the petitioner don't have any trouble during the interview in PI. While there are lots of couples who have age differences, I wonder if the 30 years age difference is what made them further question you. Perhaps they have an age gap difference that makes them more suspicious. Perhaps anything under 20 years is not looked at so closely?

Wishing you all the best.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I was interviewed at the embassy last february 23, 2009 for my k3 visa application, but unfortunately, my papers were forwarded to fraud unit. During my interview with the consular i was hit by the issue of age gap. My husband is far older than me. The consul bluntly told me that he dont believe theres true love, and he rather accept my answer if i would just be honest and tell him that after i got my greencard i will divorce my husband. I was shocked because it never came on my mind, never been in my plans. I tried to convinced him but his mind was closed to that idea. Then after that, I was asked to proceed at room 1206, where i filled up and answered 2 pages back to back questionnaire. but after i finished that, i thought i will be interviewed right away just like the two men earlier than me, but the officer in charge told me that i will be called within a week for the interview schedule, but they didnt called me until friday so at 4pm february 27, i called the FPU and asked about the status of my apllication, the woman named Ms. Rose told me to call her back again on march 2, today for the listing of additional requirements she might be needing.

I dont know what will happen next, or how long it will take. Is there anyone here who can help me, to give me some insights or ideas on what should i expect or what should i prepare. Thanks in advance

I expect this will happen to my husband and I also. It was a issue with me also for awhile but we have so much in common and we get along great. I am 22 years older but I feel young when we are together. I was rather shoked at first most my friends attitude was positive about the age gap. After 40 you start over so your husband is only 20. :dance:

Good Luck!

Met on line Yahoo Christian chat room Dec 2007

Invited to Ghana Dec 2008

Married Dec 24th 2008

Returned to USA Jan. 2, 2009

I-130 sent: March 02, 2009

Check cashed March 12,2009

NOA 1 Never recieved :(

NOA 2 APPROVED March 30th, 2009 :)

Purchased ticket for Ghana for Aug 4th, 2009 :)

Let's Pray!!!

Waiting :( Again..........................

2009-06-24 Tracking my passport

2009-06-29 Recieved Visa Ghana here I come

2009-07-2 Missing Documents UGG BS

It's a Brand New Day!

2009-07-20 Missing Documents are @ NVC NOW!!!

Waiting Again!

2009-08-20 Case Complete @ NVC

Waiting for Appointment Date for hubby

2009-08-25 Back from Ghana :( I had a great time!

No October Interview :(

Waiting...........................

No Nov....

Invited for Christmas.

Blood clot in leg from last trip :(

No Dec.... No Anniversary together :( No Christmas........

Waiting................

No Jan......

Harrah for Feb!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Feb 2,2010

OMG....Please Please Please send Seth home to me.

Flying to Ghana to be with my man for interview :):):)

Interview Rescheduled for March 22.....

Raising money for my next trip to Ghana....

Look out US Embassy Here I come again.

Please Dear Lord Help us be together

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.