eri-ola

Police clearence (certificate) HELP!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:( My fiance is having a little problem with getting a police clearance in UK. He is never been involved in anything starting from the smallest to crimes. He is never been in any police stations. He is clear as crystal. However we can get a police certificate from UK where he currently is leaving, though he did get one from where he comes from. HELP! should he just go to the interview with only that certificate and explain to them the situation? Or should we write to the embassy ahead and tell them our situation? PLEASE we need help!!!

Thank you

Timeline
Just to be clear - he is living in the UK and has the certification. Where does he need another clearance/certification from?

he lives in the UK but does not have the clearance from UK police. He has a clearance from his birth country.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just to be clear - he is living in the UK and has the certification. Where does he need another clearance/certification from?

he lives in the UK but does not have the clearance from UK police. He has a clearance from his birth country.

is there a reason he cannot apply for the certificate?

Its not hard to get a UK police certificate ordered, www.acpo.police.uk, takes approx 10days.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline

when he was registered in the UK his first name and date of birth was written wrong which it makes it different from his birth passport and different person but the picture and everything else is the same. They have mistaken his name and date of birth. :-(

Edited by eri-ola

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion to US Embassy and Consulate General Discussion

Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion to US Embassy and Consulate General Discussion

Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

I am sorry did I post my topic in the wrong post? :unsure:

Timeline
Its not hard to get a UK police certificate ordered, www.acpo.police.uk, takes approx 10days.

woudn't it be hard if his name has a letter different j with i and his year of birth it's one year less? :help:

Timeline

woudn't it be hard if his name has a letter different j with i and his year of birth it's one year less? :help:

if there was an error i registering him then he needs to find out how he can get that fixed. he is definitely going to need the police certificate from the uk.

Timeline

if there was an error i registering him then he needs to find out how he can get that fixed. he is definitely going to need the police certificate from the uk.

This is what we have been trying to find out and we believe it wont be easy to fix it. Will it be OK if he just gets that clearance with that identity and present that on the interview date where he can explain the situation how it has happened?

Does anyone know if this will be OK and normal to do. I don't want them to give him a problem and make him wait longer I am pregnant as well and I hope my fiance will be here before I give birth to our baby. Or should I write them a letter and explain to them the situation as well mentioned I am pregnant and I really wish my fiance can be here for our baby's birth date will they consider my request? :help::help::(

Timeline

This is what we have been trying to find out and we believe it wont be easy to fix it. Will it be OK if he just gets that clearance with that identity and present that on the interview date where he can explain the situation how it has happened?

Does anyone know if this will be OK and normal to do. I don't want them to give him a problem and make him wait longer I am pregnant as well and I hope my fiance will be here before I give birth to our baby. Or should I write them a letter and explain to them the situation as well mentioned I am pregnant and I really wish my fiance can be here for our baby's birth date will they consider my request? :help::help::(

i don't know what the embassy would say if the information doesn't match. how did he know that the information was input incorrectly?

Timeline

i don't know what the embassy would say if the information doesn't match. how did he know that the information was input incorrectly?

We just found out not that long ago. He was not aware of it since he never asked for anything like this. We asked them to change it they said this is how he first was registered we can not change his info now. We even gave them prove of this real identity and they can not do anything about it. When he first moved to UK he was young and did not speak English the interpreter spoke for him and translated everything so he did not know what was written down :angry:. I am guessing the interpreter did really care and write one letter wrong instead of j he put i, and his birthday made him one year younger which we have no clue why, GRRRRR we are so mad and we hope to manage something about this. I just hope God will be with us and help us out on this one. :unsure:

Edited by eri-ola

We just found out not that long ago. He was not aware of it since he never asked for anything like this. We asked them to change it they said this is how he first was registered we can not change his info now. We even gave them prove of this real identity and they can not do anything about it. When he first moved to UK he was young and did not speak English the interpreter spoke for him and translated everything so he did not know what was written down :angry:. I am guessing the interpreter did really care and write one letter wrong instead of j he put i, and his birthday made him one year younger which we have no clue why, GRRRRR we are so mad and we hope to manage something about this. I just hope God will be with us and help us out on this one. :unsure:

If you go to the site Dawn linked fo ACPO there is an e-mail address for queries. Send them an e-mail explaining the situation and asking how you should include both dates of birth on the application form (there is a section for different names on there already so you can just put in both spellings). They will advise on how best to complete it and then you will have the certificate that you need ( it will include both sets of details on it so should match up for embassy purposes). This is a very common occurrence when people come into the UK so I am sure they are used to handling it for police certificates. Multiple names to be checked is not uncommon for other reasons also.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.