Señorita Tessa

Where's your hometown?

827 posts in this topic

Whew!prominente met gayam nga tao manong,i need a present for this one :P

Gabriela Silang is one of the few heroines of the Philippines best known for fighting with her Filipino people during the Spanish revolution. Born on March 19, 1731 in Caniogan, Ilocos Sur Gabriela, a meztisa was adopted by Don Tomas Millan when she was young. He was a very wealthy and known businessman and became her legal guardian He later married her at the age of 20. In their 3 years of marriage, Gabriela was not unsuccessful in getting pregnant. A few years later Millan died.

In 1757, Gabriela was wed to co-rebel Diego Silang who was also the groups’ leader. The groups’ goal was to free Ilocos from the cruelty of the Spaniards. Gabriela was a tireless warrior and without fail went with the Filipinos to give support and help with the battle. One of her husband’s supposed friends

After the unjust death of her husband, Gabriela took the lead of her husband to fight for the freedom and justice the rebels and people of Illocos deserved.

On September 10, 1763, Gabriela’s troops attacked the Spanish in Vigan but the Spaniards anticipated their advent. Gabriela alongside her uncle and 7 other members escape the attack and fled. A few days later, they were caught and were hanged in Vigan.

Her spirit and leadership lives on today. In 1984 a national women’s coalition was formed in the Philippines known as GABRIELA, the General Assembly Binding Women for Reforms, Integrity, Equality, Leadership, and Action. Women from all sectors such as ‘workers, peasants, urban poor, housewives, professionals, religious and students have participated from all over the country.

http://www.filipino-adoptees-network.org/i...10&Itemid=2

Here are your prizes:

2872075632_bc13e00895_m.jpg

2872075916_5f6bb5f9a2_m.jpg

LOL @ manong AJ,now hubby says what was i laughing at..and i showed him the 2 pesos notes from apayao, :lol:

Mano ngatat sukat na daytoy manong??he he he...

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Yeah, make sure you eat that stuff before you leave the country. You're gonna miss it. I was lucky to have a co-worker who was engaged to my Pinay friend in Manila. When he came back from one of his visits there in October last year, he brought me a small bag of Tuyo. Took me six months to finish that one small pack. Husband cannot stand the smell and I always fry them everytime he is at work. :lol: .

I thought the TSA has become stricter with bringing in that kind of stuff?

Would you know how they got away with bringing in the small bag? Give me tips lol

How were you able to make that small bag last for so long? I find it hard to stop eating tuyo once I start eating it :wacko:

Hubby says the same LOLS,but i still cook even he's here with me,and when he complains,i say ,cover your nose or dont breathe :whistle:

Neenuh i noticed we are in the same boat...:)

roffle @ cover your nose and don't breathe

Tuyo,yum yum!i will have some of 'em this morning matching with garlic fried rice,anyone wants some? ;) Hubby would go with the oyster though,too bad it's hard to find fresh oysters in manila,can find them at super market but frozen..

You know what I love with tuyo? The crunchy head, soaked in vinegar

Perfect with garlic rice! :drool:

You can get fresh, de-shelled oysters in SM Hypermart, next to Tiendesitas :)

Another thing the hubby finds stinky is patis (fish sauce) lol

I love the smell of pork sautéed with patis, mmm

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

04.23.07 sent I-130 packet

04.25.07 USPS confirmed I-130 packet delivered

05.18.07 money order cashed

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

10.23.07 received I-864 AOS fee

12.14.07 received I-864 AOS instructions

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

02.15.08 mailed I-864 AOS packet

02.15.08 mailed money order for IV fee

03.03.08 received IV packet

04.09.08 received I-864 AOS RFE

07.19.08 mailed I-864 RFE documents

12.19.08 mailed IV packet

01.02.09 case completed at the NVC

02.24.09 NVC interview packet arrived

02.25.09 SLEC medical DAY 1

02.27.09 SLEC medical DAY 2

03.02.09 SLEC medical DAY 3 PASSED!

03.05.09 USEM interview @ 6:30am APPROVED!

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

Yeah, make sure you eat that stuff before you leave the country. You're gonna miss it. I was lucky to have a co-worker who was engaged to my Pinay friend in Manila. When he came back from one of his visits there in October last year, he brought me a small bag of Tuyo. Took me six months to finish that one small pack. Husband cannot stand the smell and I always fry them everytime he is at work. :lol: .

I thought the TSA has become stricter with bringing in that kind of stuff?

Would you know how they got away with bringing in the small bag? Give me tips lol

How were you able to make that small bag last for so long? I find it hard to stop eating tuyo once I start eating it :wacko:

Hubby says the same LOLS,but i still cook even he's here with me,and when he complains,i say ,cover your nose or dont breathe :whistle:

Neenuh i noticed we are in the same boat... :)

roffle @ cover your nose and don't breathe

Tuyo,yum yum!i will have some of 'em this morning matching with garlic fried rice,anyone wants some? ;) Hubby would go with the oyster though,too bad it's hard to find fresh oysters in manila,can find them at super market but frozen..

You know what I love with tuyo? The crunchy head, soaked in vinegar

Perfect with garlic rice! :drool:

You can get fresh, de-shelled oysters in SM Hypermart, next to Tiendesitas :)

Another thing the hubby finds stinky is patis (fish sauce) lol

I love the smell of pork sautéed with patis, mmm

Hi Neenuh! I don't know what my friend did and got away from the prying eyes of the airport people sneaking that bag of Tuyo for me. I guess he went through the baggage check like everyone did. He got lucky they didn't notice it. :lol: I also keep a bottle of Rufina Patis here. Hubby cannot stand the smell either. I just use the Patis when I make ginisa Mung beans (monggo). Hay masarap talaga ang Tuyo, suka at fried rice.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

I AM FROM PANABO CITY,DAVAO DEL NORTE...proud ako sa place na ito cuz this place is one of the BANANA producer na iniexport sa ibang bansa..At ang mga companyang ito ang bumuhay halos sa mga taong naninirahan dito sa PANABO and company na ito has been know for decades...

My fiance is from FREDERICKSBURG,VIRGINIA..but grow up in PHILADELPHIA..

When I was in Davao many, many years ago, TADECO, which was owned by the Floirendo family was the biggest banana planter in Davao del Norte. Is it still the case today?

TADECO is still operating up to now and still owned by the floirendo family,..My father works there before for almost 20 years...

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Below is the original version of the Philippine National Anthem in Spanish.

Tierra adorada, hija del sol de Oriente,

Su fuego ardiente en ti latiendo esta.

¡Patria de amores!

Los invasores

No te hallaran jamás.

En tu azul cielo, en tus auras,

En tus montes y en tu mar

Esplende y late el poema

De tu amada libertad.

Tu pabellón, que en las lides

La victoria ilumino,

No vera nunca apagados

Sus estrellas y su sol.

Tierra de dichas, del sol y de amores,

En tu regazo dulce es vivir.

Es una gloria para tus hijos,

Cuando te ofenden, por ti morir

aka Señorita Tessa, Señora Bonita, Mariquita Linda, Muñequita Linda, Amor Perdido y Chaparrita Chula!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Below is the original version of the Philippine National Anthem in Spanish.

Tierra adorada, hija del sol de Oriente,

Su fuego ardiente en ti latiendo esta.

¡Patria de amores!

Los invasores

No te hallaran jamás.

En tu azul cielo, en tus auras,

En tus montes y en tu mar

Esplende y late el poema

De tu amada libertad.

Tu pabellón, que en las lides

La victoria ilumino,

No vera nunca apagados

Sus estrellas y su sol.

Tierra de dichas, del sol y de amores,

En tu regazo dulce es vivir.

Es una gloria para tus hijos,

Cuando te ofenden, por ti morir

Comadre, gracias por el himno nacional en español. ¿Has cambiado tu apodo aquí en VJ?

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

Timeline

Gabriela Silang is one of the few heroines of the Philippines best known for fighting with her Filipino people during the Spanish revolution. Born on March 19, 1731 in Caniogan, Ilocos Sur Gabriela, a meztisa was adopted by Don Tomas Millan when she was young. He was a very wealthy and known businessman and became her legal guardian He later married her at the age of 20. In their 3 years of marriage, Gabriela was not unsuccessful in getting pregnant. A few years later Millan died.

In 1757, Gabriela was wed to co-rebel Diego Silang who was also the groups’ leader. The groups’ goal was to free Ilocos from the cruelty of the Spaniards. Gabriela was a tireless warrior and without fail went with the Filipinos to give support and help with the battle. One of her husband’s supposed friends

After the unjust death of her husband, Gabriela took the lead of her husband to fight for the freedom and justice the rebels and people of Illocos deserved.

On September 10, 1763, Gabriela’s troops attacked the Spanish in Vigan but the Spaniards anticipated their advent. Gabriela alongside her uncle and 7 other members escape the attack and fled. A few days later, they were caught and were hanged in Vigan.

Her spirit and leadership lives on today. In 1984 a national women’s coalition was formed in the Philippines known as GABRIELA, the General Assembly Binding Women for Reforms, Integrity, Equality, Leadership, and Action. Women from all sectors such as ‘workers, peasants, urban poor, housewives, professionals, religious and students have participated from all over the country.

Here are your prizes:

LOL @ manong AJ,now hubby says what was i laughing at..and i showed him the 2 pesos notes from apayao, :lol:

They must have been worth a lot in those days, probably more than the money below which was in use during the Japanese occupation of the Philippines. Sinukatam met dayta nickname mo?

89404362_1d20aa110b_m.jpg

Here are your prizes:

They must have been worth a lot in those days, probably more than the money below which was in use during the Japanese occupation of the Philippines. Sinukatam met dayta nickname mo?

89404362_1d20aa110b_m.jpg

Makiuso ak met a manong:) hay idid pay met la gayam tiempot hapon dagitoy a kuarta,isu met la nga diak mabigbig ah:P

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Timeline
Hi Marie good evening:)bigat ditoy..and we just had our breakfast, check my post at # 92 it's Elpidio Quirino our sixth president...

To Mj and Marie, dios ti agngina kadacayo a dua. Diego Silang, Gabriela Silang & Elpidio Quirino must be very proud in their graves that we have remembered them!

Mj, I'm sorry that I had to let you to do a little homework yesterday. Marie, I think that your hometown of Alicia was named after Pres. Quirino's wife, Alcia Syquia Quirino. Am I correct?

From Wikipedia:

Alicia used to be the old town of Angadanan[1] until the new Angadanan was relocated in 1776 to its current location near the Angadanan Creek. Alicia is known for its old Castilian architectural church as tourists destination. Passing by Angadanan town on February 12, 1805, Fr. Manuel Mora, OP wrote that “Angadanan has a convent of bricks, though not totally finished. Its church is timber, wood and bamboo. The number of inhabitants is 791.” Fr. Tomas Calderon (OP) started building the present church that was inaugurated in 1849 and dedicated to the Nuestra Senora de Atocha, more popularly known as Our Lady of Atocha. The old Angadanan was renamed in 1949 in honor of then President Elpidio Quirino’s wife: Dona Alicia Syquia Quirino.

Hi MJ. Kumusta? Wen manong ko. Madik ammo nga nainagan gayam kanya na ti Alicia Isabela. Dios ti Agngina. Ditoy nak nga nagiskwela idi elementary saka highschool (School of Our Lady of Atocha). :)

Marie, do the pictures below bring you back memories of your childhood days?

2120125906_270d49ab24_m.jpg2120125300_01ed87794c_m.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am an awesome lady from east who met my knight in shining cammies in west.

I was born and raised in an urban area. Manila girl, baby! Been to a lot of places in Quezon City and Manila. Knew the bumps and holes of every street/road/corners of the city. I honestly enjoyed my childhood and teen years going to parties and hanging out with friends to all the malls you can find in the heart of Manila and Q.C. When i was in college i started to go to different islands/provinces, appreciated the beauty of nature and the peace it brings, away from the fast-paced life in city.

:dance:

Soy la casa de mi amado y mi amado es mío.

NAIMBAG NGA ALDAW QADAQAYO AMIN!!! I am Patrick from Cajel, Diffun, Quirino

2036248992377l.jpg

Quirino Province acquired its juridical personality as a result of the division of the provinces of Nueva Vizcaya and Isabela on June 18, 1966 under R.A. 4734. Quirino was named in honor of the late president Elpidio A. Quirino.

On June 21, 1969, three year after its birth as a sub-province, R.A. 5554 was enacted amending R.A. 4734 creating the Municipality of Cabarroguis taken from the portions of Diffun, Saguday and Aglipay. Finally, R.A. 6394 was passed on September 10, 1971 further amending R.A. 5554 separating the sub-province of Quirino from its mother province of Nueva Vizcaya constituting into a regular province. Hon. Leonardo B. Perez and Hon. Benjamin b. Perez had authored R.A. 6394.

The province of Quirino was formally established on February 10, 1972 upon assumption to office of the first elected provincial and municipal officials headed by Dionisio A. sarandi as Provincial Governor.

Eventually, on February 25, 1983, Batas Pambansa Big. 345 was enacted, creating the municipality of Nagtipunan, a division of the municipality of Maddela.

Long before its creation, Quirino was the forest region of the province of nueva Vizcaya inhabited by the tribal groups known as the Negritos. These tribal groups roamed the hinterlands and built their huts in the heart of the jungle area. Ilocano dialect is widely used in the lowlands of the various municipalities while Ifugao is the predominant dialect in the upland parts. Other dialects are Bugkalot, Pangasinense and Kankanai.

The Sierra Madre Mountain Range provides a natural barrier on the eastern and southern border and the Mamparang Range on the western part of the province. the province is generally mountainous, about 80 percent of the total land area is covered by mountains and highlands.

My wife Michelle, is already a US Citizen ( been here in Florida for 15 years )who was born in Manila but raised in Orani, Bataan where her clan lives ( Cruz -Mangalindan ).

----------------

Agbiag ti amin nga Ilocano ditoy VJ!!!!! Ayna Apo, matawenak ditoyen ket mailiwak iti saluyot, marunggay, sabidukong, alukon, liddeg, bisukol, birabid, bennik ken agurong...nilingta nga saba, ken kamoteng kahoy.....anya pay? hmmmm... dinardaraan nga baboy, kalding ken manok ha ha ha ha ha.... . i was reading the previous replies and it mesmirizes me of the typical Ilocano culture and environment. No tuyo, bangus, galunggong ken tilapia a ket adu ditoy ta asideg kami iti Asian market... tay dadduma ket nagmulaaak iti sili, tarong, parya, kamatis, okra, kamote...ah ket mayat ti panagdakkel da...naimas ti inggisa nga sardinas nga adda uggot ti kamote na...kaykayat ni baket ko...ngem maldayak la unay ta idi winter chill ket nakset da amin pati tay papaya nga dandani agsabongen ket natay a... itatta nagmulaak manen..isupay nga matiped mi.... ha ha ha ha ha ilocano mentality..... wen a, kasapulan nga agsalimetmet kaskasdi nga nagrigat arbiruk iti trabaho.....

makasulti akun waray, gagmay la... makaintindi akun cebuano gamay liwat...kabalo ning kapampangan...konti lang din... at the end of the day...I AM A PROUD ILOCANO!!!! :thumbs:

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

My wife Michelle, is already a US Citizen ( been here in Florida for 15 years )who was born in Manila but raised in Orani, Bataan where her clan lives ( Cruz -Mangalindan ).

--------Agbiag ti amin nga Ilocano ditoy VJ!!!!! Ayna Apo, matawenak ditoyen ket mailiwak iti saluyot, marunggay, sabidukong, alukon, liddeg, bisukol, birabid, bennik ken agurong...nilingta nga saba, ken kamoteng kahoy.....anya pay? hmmmm... dinardaraan nga baboy, kalding ken manok ha ha ha ha ha.... . i was reading the previous replies and it mesmirizes me of the typical Ilocano culture and environment. No tuyo, bangus, galunggong ken tilapia a ket adu ditoy ta asideg kami iti Asian market... tay dadduma ket nagmulaaak iti sili, tarong, parya, kamatis, okra, kamote...ah ket mayat ti panagdakkel da...naimas ti inggisa nga sardinas nga adda uggot ti kamote na...kaykayat ni baket ko...ngem maldayak la unay ta idi winter chill ket nakset da amin pati tay papaya nga dandani agsabongen ket natay a... itatta nagmulaak manen..isupay nga matiped mi.... ha ha ha ha ha ilocano mentality..... wen a, kasapulan nga agsalimetmet kaskasdi nga nagrigat arbiruk iti trabaho.....

makasulti akun waray, gagmay la... makaintindi akun cebuano gamay liwat...kabalo ning kapampangan...konti lang din... at the end of the day...I AM A PROUD ILOCANO!!!!

Hi Patrick welcome to the Club :thumbs: Nahilig sa nga talaga nga agmulmula ti ilocano aya?isu pay nga matipid he he..Ilokano ka nga talaga :lol:

Cheers!!

Ate Mj

"Our Wedding Prayer"

--------Agbiag ti amin nga Ilocano ditoy VJ!!!!! Ayna Apo, matawenak ditoyen ket mailiwak iti saluyot, marunggay, sabidukong, alukon, liddeg, bisukol, birabid, bennik ken agurong...nilingta nga saba, ken kamoteng kahoy.....anya pay? hmmmm... dinardaraan nga baboy, kalding ken manok ha ha ha ha ha.... . i was reading the previous replies and it mesmirizes me of the typical Ilocano culture and environment. No tuyo, bangus, galunggong ken tilapia a ket adu ditoy ta asideg kami iti Asian market... tay dadduma ket nagmulaaak iti sili, tarong, parya, kamatis, okra, kamote...ah ket mayat ti panagdakkel da...naimas ti inggisa nga sardinas nga adda uggot ti kamote na...kaykayat ni baket ko...ngem maldayak la unay ta idi winter chill ket nakset da amin pati tay papaya nga dandani agsabongen ket natay a... itatta nagmulaak manen..isupay nga matiped mi.... ha ha ha ha ha ilocano mentality..... wen a, kasapulan nga agsalimetmet kaskasdi nga nagrigat arbiruk iti trabaho.....

makasulti akun waray, gagmay la... makaintindi akun cebuano gamay liwat...kabalo ning kapampangan...konti lang din... at the end of the day...I AM A PROUD ILOCANO!!!!

Hi Patrick welcome to the Club :thumbs: Nahilig sa nga talaga nga agmulmula ti ilocano aya?isu pay nga matipid he he..Ilokano ka nga talaga :lol:

Cheers!!

Ate Mj

agyamanak kaka!!! wen a, kaskasdi nga innak iruruotan tay bassit nga backyard a ket minulaakon.....mayat ti klima na ta agtubo ti agtubo jay yatayo..... uray tu pay grocery ket agaramat kami ti discount coupons...nagdakkel ti matiped, uray bado ket no sale isu a gumatangak.. :wow: .ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... no adda kayat mi nga nateng wenno prutas a ket urayenmi ti flea market day which is 3 miles lang ditoy balaymi..... Cheers!!!! :yes:

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

That reminds me of my Hongkong days;))saakto laeng met aggatang ti lupot nga pangwinter no umasideg nga pumudot a ta on sale met no kuan,kastan to manen no ag winter for sale to manen tay pang summer a lupot,kaguduan tot presyo nan..he he he (sigh)Taga Cali ka ading?dagitay uuliteg ken iikit ko ket dita da salinas,cali,da lolo ken lolak ket nagawid da metten itay nalikod a tawen a ta baket ken agkabawen ni lolak:Dni lolok a ket nahilig pay latta nga mapan makipallot..he he,kanayon met a maabak! :lol:

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Hi Marie good evening:)bigat ditoy..and we just had our breakfast, check my post at # 92 it's Elpidio Quirino our sixth president...

To Mj and Marie, dios ti agngina kadacayo a dua. Diego Silang, Gabriela Silang & Elpidio Quirino must be very proud in their graves that we have remembered them!

Mj, I'm sorry that I had to let you to do a little homework yesterday. Marie, I think that your hometown of Alicia was named after Pres. Quirino's wife, Alcia Syquia Quirino. Am I correct?

From Wikipedia:

Alicia used to be the old town of Angadanan[1] until the new Angadanan was relocated in 1776 to its current location near the Angadanan Creek. Alicia is known for its old Castilian architectural church as tourists destination. Passing by Angadanan town on February 12, 1805, Fr. Manuel Mora, OP wrote that "Angadanan has a convent of bricks, though not totally finished. Its church is timber, wood and bamboo. The number of inhabitants is 791." Fr. Tomas Calderon (OP) started building the present church that was inaugurated in 1849 and dedicated to the Nuestra Senora de Atocha, more popularly known as Our Lady of Atocha. The old Angadanan was renamed in 1949 in honor of then President Elpidio Quirino's wife: Dona Alicia Syquia Quirino.

Hi MJ. Kumusta? Wen manong ko. Madik ammo nga nainagan gayam kanya na ti Alicia Isabela. Dios ti Agngina. Ditoy nak nga nagiskwela idi elementary saka highschool (School of Our Lady of Atocha). :)

Marie, do the pictures below bring you back memories of your childhood days?

2120125906_270d49ab24_m.jpg2120125300_01ed87794c_m.jpg

Ay wen manong ko. Kanayon kami nga agsimba ditoy simbaan ti Nuestra Senora de Atocha (Our Lady of Atocha). There is an elementary and highschool adjacent to the church. I went to study elementary and highschoo here. I remember climbing up and down the belfry with my cousins and classmates when we were in grade school. Ngamen adayo ti balay me idiya ili. Isunga nu sumrik kami ti bigat ket agbalon kami ti pangaldaw me tapno madi kami agawid ti aldaw ta narigat ngarud ti lugan idi saka kagurgurak ti magna ti mano nga kilometro ta nagpudot ngarud saka nagadayo apo. Ti aldaw nu malpas kami nga mangan, umuli kami idiay tuktok ti torre kadwak dagidiyay duwa nga ading ko saka kasinsin ko. Agungit nukwa adiay padi nu makita na kami isunga aglibas kami nga umuli. Tun agsimba kami ti Dominggo, ipulong na kami adiay padi kenni inang me. Ay maungtan kami kanayon ta natangkin ti ulo mi iddi ubbing kami.

Thanks for the picture. This surely reminded me of my childhood memories in this place. The last time I went to this church was in the Year 2000 when my grandmother died.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.