Señorita Tessa

Where's your hometown?

827 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife is from Baguio which has already been described here. She is a Genuine Igorota, her parents both from the mountain provinces. Her native dialect is Ilocano but she speaks a little and understands even more, Kan-kan-ni and Ibaloi. Of course she is also fluent in Tagalog and she teaches English in high school.

I spent some of my formative years in Baguio: I was stationed at John Hay Air Base (formerly and now again Camp John Hay) in the late 60's. I met Ferdinand Marcos when he played golf there. I also was invited to a reception at the US Ambassador's summer residence and met G. Mennen Williams, the heir to the Mennen toiletries fortune and ambassador at the time. I had my first real girlfriend in Baguio and to this day San Miguel beer is the only beer that tastes like beer should to me.

My wife and I were married in St Stephen's Lutheran church by a pastor from the mountain provinces. The wedding was a combination of American, Spanish, and Igorot traditions. The wedding party wore ethnic themed gowns and dresses.

cute_flwr_girl.jpg

I am from Seattle Washington but currently live in Olympia, which is the state capital of Washington. We live on the shores of Puget Sound just across a bay from The Evergreen State College.

I'm very glad to hear from Baguio townmates here!

Allan D, just to bring you back memories of your formative years, and also to all others who follow this thread, below is a picture of the Camp John Hay amphitheater.

331871159_4dc80bdb1b_m.jpg

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Morning everyone:)

Wow hindi na mahirap hagilapin ang Thread na ito...naw "Pinapaitan makes me feel hungry!

Here's some pinapaitan for you from my fiancee's hometown of Moncada, Tarlac.

3169654964_aab25454c8_m.jpg

Wow that sweet:)salamat po Mr Lee..does your fiancee speaks tagalog or ilocano?or kapangpangan?

She is Ilocano, as most of the people in north Tarlac are. Her grand daddy's house looks like this, in the middle of the rice fields.

513553053_eb758650b5.jpg

Here's some vegetables for your pinakbet.

3230106189_45ed3d268e_m.jpg

Robert Lee, thanks for the Pinakbet. This is one of the favorite veggie dishes for Ilocanos like me. Too bad I cannot eat this in California. Husband says it's "stinky".

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Robert Lee, thanks for the Pinakbet. This is one of the favorite veggie dishes for Ilocanos like me. Too bad I cannot eat this in California. Husband says it's "stinky".

LOL @ stinky

Same reaction I get from my husband whenever it's cooked here at home

I haven't had tuyo since the husband arrived (about a year now) because he can't stand the smell lol

I will make sure to eat some before I leave the country

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

04.23.07 sent I-130 packet

04.25.07 USPS confirmed I-130 packet delivered

05.18.07 money order cashed

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

10.23.07 received I-864 AOS fee

12.14.07 received I-864 AOS instructions

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

02.15.08 mailed I-864 AOS packet

02.15.08 mailed money order for IV fee

03.03.08 received IV packet

04.09.08 received I-864 AOS RFE

07.19.08 mailed I-864 RFE documents

12.19.08 mailed IV packet

01.02.09 case completed at the NVC

02.24.09 NVC interview packet arrived

02.25.09 SLEC medical DAY 1

02.27.09 SLEC medical DAY 2

03.02.09 SLEC medical DAY 3 PASSED!

03.05.09 USEM interview @ 6:30am APPROVED!

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

LOL @ stinky

I haven't had tuyo since the husband arrived (about a year now) because he can't stand the smell lol

Yeah, make sure you eat that stuff before you leave the country. You're gonna miss it. I was lucky to have a co-worker who was engaged to my Pinay friend in Manila. When he came back from one of his visits there in October last year, he brought me a small bag of Tuyo. Took me six months to finish that one small pack. Husband cannot stand the smell and I always fry them everytime he is at work. :lol: .

Hokey Smoke!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My friends,

Where in the Philippines are you or your loved ones from? We'd be thrilled to know. Also, please provide a monicker or description of your town, city or province, if you could.

We'll start with myself. I am from Santa Cruz, a town just south of Davao City, and otherwise known as the Investors' Haven of Davao del Sur because of so many big enterprises with situs here. My fiance in Corona, California was born and raised in Vigan, Ilocos Sur, the Spanish colonial pueblo that was originally named La Ciudad Fernandina by our Castilian founders, in honor of King Ferdinand of Spain.

How about you?

I am from manila and my husband is from New Jersey. Tukayo pala tayo lol...We are now living here in NJ.

My T

My Timeline:

11/01/08 - Wedding date

12/22/08 - Sent the AOS and other Forms by mail

12/26/09 - Notice Of Action received on 1-485/1-797C/1-512L

01/23/09 - Biometrics Appointment

- First Biometrics Appointment was cancelled

02/20/09 - Second Biometrics Appointment

03/12/09 - Received from mail Employment Authorization Card and Parole Document

03/13/09 - Applied for SSN

03/27/09 - Receiced the SSN Card in the mail

04/15/09 - First Interview Appearance

- First Interview was cancelled

05/15/09 - Second Interview Appearance - Approved on the spot the USCIS officer had my passport stamped

06/01/09 - Approval Notice - Immigrant Petition for Relative (Wife) - 1-130

06/01/09 - Welcome Notice and Approval of AOS Application

06/30/09 - Received Green Card in the mail

LOL @ stinky

Good morning Marie and Neenuh:)

Hubby says the same LOLS,but i still cook even he's here with me,and when he complains,i say ,cover your nose or dont breathe :whistle:

Neenuh i noticed we are in the same boat...:)

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

LOL @ stinky

Hubby says the same LOLS,but i still cook even he's here with me,and when he complains,i say ,cover your nose or dont breathe :whistle:

Neenuh i noticed we are in the same boat...:)

Naimbag a bigat yo mga comadre!

Here's other goodies if your husbands hate tuyo. The most important here is the Ilocano wine, this will increase their appetites. And the oysters will pep up their ...... !

2262438558_430e7662b4_m.jpg1213925779_f0843ac39e_m.jpg211473578_f3da7442cf_m.jpg

My friends,

Where in the Philippines are you or your loved ones from? We'd be thrilled to know. Also, please provide a monicker or description of your town, city or province, if you could.

We'll start with myself. I am from Santa Cruz, a town just south of Davao City, and otherwise known as the Investors' Haven of Davao del Sur because of so many big enterprises with situs here. My fiance in Corona, California was born and raised in Vigan, Ilocos Sur, the Spanish colonial pueblo that was originally named La Ciudad Fernandina by our Castilian founders, in honor of King Ferdinand of Spain.

How about you?

I am from manila and my husband is from New Jersey. Tukayo pala tayo lol...We are now living here in NJ.

Welcome to the thread, tocaya!

Edited by Señorita Tessa

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

LOL @ stinky

Neenuh i noticed we are in the same boat... :)

Here's other goodies if your husbands hate tuyo. The most important here is the Ilocano wine, this will increase their appetites. And the oysters will pep up their ...... !

2262438558_430e7662b4_m.jpg1213925779_f0843ac39e_m.jpg211473578_f3da7442cf_m.jpg

My friends,

How about you?

Hola Chicas! Buenas dias. Hey, guess what? They sell the boneless bangus in the Filipino stores in Vallejo. Thanks Senorita Teresita for these pictures. My husband always keeps Balsamic vinegar in our pantry. It's quite similar with Suka Basi. We use Balsamic vinegar in our Adobo. Wow, sarap naman ang boneless bangus na yan.

Hokey Smoke!

Tuyo,yum yum!i will have some of 'em this morning matching with garlic fried rice,anyone wants some? ;) Hubby would go with the oyster though,too bad it's hard to find fresh oysters in manila,can find them at super market but frozen..

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

LOL @ stinky

My friends,

How about you?

Hola Chicas! Buenas dias. Hey, guess what? They sell the boneless bangus in the Filipino stores in Vallejo. Thanks Senorita Teresita for these pictures. My husband always keeps Balsamic vinegar in our pantry. It's quite similar with Suka Basi. We use Balsamic vinegar in our Adobo. Wow, sarap naman ang boneless bangus na yan.

Hiya Marie,so Balsamic vinegar can be a replacement for vinegar?i only use that for salads,i love the Suka Basi from ilocos though...

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I AM FROM PANABO CITY,DAVAO DEL NORTE...proud ako sa place na ito cuz this place is one of the BANANA producer na iniexport sa ibang bansa..At ang mga companyang ito ang bumuhay halos sa mga taong naninirahan dito sa PANABO and company na ito has been know for decades...

My fiance is from FREDERICKSBURG,VIRGINIA..but grow up in PHILADELPHIA..

When I was in Davao many, many years ago, TADECO, which was owned by the Floirendo family was the biggest banana planter in Davao del Norte. Is it still the case today?

LOL @ stinky

My friends,

How about you?

Hiya Marie,so Balsamic vinegar can be a replacement for vinegar?i only use that for salads,i love the Suka Basi from ilocos though...

Agpada ti raman na met kanyak ti Balsamic vinegar da ditoy saka suka basi dita Ilocos. Naimas met ilaok diyay adobo. (For me, the balsamic vinegar and suka basi taste the same. It's good when you use it in your adobo).

Hokey Smoke!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Whew!prominente met gayam nga tao manong,i need a present for this one :P

Gabriela Silang is one of the few heroines of the Philippines best known for fighting with her Filipino people during the Spanish revolution. Born on March 19, 1731 in Caniogan, Ilocos Sur Gabriela, a meztisa was adopted by Don Tomas Millan when she was young. He was a very wealthy and known businessman and became her legal guardian He later married her at the age of 20. In their 3 years of marriage, Gabriela was not unsuccessful in getting pregnant. A few years later Millan died.

In 1757, Gabriela was wed to co-rebel Diego Silang who was also the groups’ leader. The groups’ goal was to free Ilocos from the cruelty of the Spaniards. Gabriela was a tireless warrior and without fail went with the Filipinos to give support and help with the battle. One of her husband’s supposed friends

After the unjust death of her husband, Gabriela took the lead of her husband to fight for the freedom and justice the rebels and people of Illocos deserved.

On September 10, 1763, Gabriela’s troops attacked the Spanish in Vigan but the Spaniards anticipated their advent. Gabriela alongside her uncle and 7 other members escape the attack and fled. A few days later, they were caught and were hanged in Vigan.

Her spirit and leadership lives on today. In 1984 a national women’s coalition was formed in the Philippines known as GABRIELA, the General Assembly Binding Women for Reforms, Integrity, Equality, Leadership, and Action. Women from all sectors such as ‘workers, peasants, urban poor, housewives, professionals, religious and students have participated from all over the country.

http://www.filipino-adoptees-network.org/i...10&Itemid=2

Here are your prizes:

2872075632_bc13e00895_m.jpg

2872075916_5f6bb5f9a2_m.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.