04.09.08 received I-864 AOS RFE

07.19.08 mailed I-864 RFE documents

12.19.08 mailed IV packet

01.02.09 case completed at the NVC

02.24.09 NVC interview packet arrived

02.25.09 SLEC medical DAY 1

02.27.09 SLEC medical DAY 2

03.02.09 SLEC medical DAY 3 PASSED!

03.05.09 USEM interview @ 6:30am APPROVED!

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

no fair, i can't follow the thread lol

i will have to ask either my mom or my dad for the translation

i knew i should have learned the dialect when i was younger, sigh

That's okay Neenuh. I was just telling Manong AJ that we (my younger siblings, cousins and classmates) used to climb up and down the church belfry when we were kids, you know, when you live in a small town where public transportation wasn't available all the time and you have to walk a mile or two going to school, which I hated back then. Everyday we packed our lunch with us going to school and after lunchtime, we liked climbing that belfry up and down and the parish priest wasn't pleased at all. So we had to sneak going up when he wasn't looking. :lol: And then when we go to the Sunday mass with my folks, the parish priest would tell them what we've been doing.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here are more pictures from my hometown, Baguio City:

The City

2275675599_cd810ed172.jpg

Twilight at Burnham Park

2195854231_c449fa3120.jpg

Mines View Park

2242005106_6af13d4592.jpg

Wright Park

2275165162_206bab5bc8.jpg

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Hi Marie good evening:)bigat ditoy..and we just had our breakfast, check my post at # 92 it's Elpidio Quirino our sixth president...

To Mj and Marie, dios ti agngina kadacayo a dua. Diego Silang, Gabriela Silang & Elpidio Quirino must be very proud in their graves that we have remembered them!

Mj, I'm sorry that I had to let you to do a little homework yesterday. Marie, I think that your hometown of Alicia was named after Pres. Quirino's wife, Alcia Syquia Quirino. Am I correct?

From Wikipedia:

Alicia used to be the old town of Angadanan[1] until the new Angadanan was relocated in 1776 to its current location near the Angadanan Creek. Alicia is known for its old Castilian architectural church as tourists destination. Passing by Angadanan town on February 12, 1805, Fr. Manuel Mora, OP wrote that "Angadanan has a convent of bricks, though not totally finished. Its church is timber, wood and bamboo. The number of inhabitants is 791." Fr. Tomas Calderon (OP) started building the present church that was inaugurated in 1849 and dedicated to the Nuestra Senora de Atocha, more popularly known as Our Lady of Atocha. The old Angadanan was renamed in 1949 in honor of then President Elpidio Quirino's wife: Dona Alicia Syquia Quirino.

Hi MJ. Kumusta? Wen manong ko. Madik ammo nga nainagan gayam kanya na ti Alicia Isabela. Dios ti Agngina. Ditoy nak nga nagiskwela idi elementary saka highschool (School of Our Lady of Atocha). :)

Marie, do the pictures below bring you back memories of your childhood days?

2120125906_270d49ab24_m.jpg2120125300_01ed87794c_m.jpg

Ay wen manong ko. Kanayon kami nga agsimba ditoy simbaan ti Nuestra Senora de Atocha (Our Lady of Atocha). There is an elementary and highschool adjacent to the church. I went to study elementary and highschoo here. I remember climbing up and down the belfry with my cousins and classmates when we were in grade school. Ngamen adayo ti balay me idiya ili. Isunga nu sumrik kami ti bigat ket agbalon kami ti pangaldaw me tapno madi kami agawid ti aldaw ta narigat ngarud ti lugan idi saka kagurgurak ti magna ti mano nga kilometro ta nagpudot ngarud saka nagadayo apo. Ti aldaw nu malpas kami nga mangan, umuli kami idiay tuktok ti torre kadwak dagidiyay duwa nga ading ko saka kasinsin ko. Agungit nukwa adiay padi nu makita na kami isunga aglibas kami nga umuli. Tun agsimba kami ti Dominggo, ipulong na kami adiay padi kenni inang me. Ay maungtan kami kanayon ta natangkin ti ulo mi iddi ubbing kami.

Thanks for the picture. This surely reminded me of my childhood memories in this place. The last time I went to this church was in the Year 2000 when my grandmother died.

:lol: Sign of growing up hehe naalikuteg ka met gayam idi ubing ka aya Marie:))

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

That reminds me of my Hongkong days;))saakto laeng met aggatang ti lupot nga pangwinter no umasideg nga pumudot a ta on sale met no kuan,kastan to manen no ag winter for sale to manen tay pang summer a lupot,kaguduan tot presyo nan..he he he (sigh)Taga Cali ka ading?dagitay uuliteg ken iikit ko ket dita da salinas,cali,da lolo ken lolak ket nagawid da metten itay nalikod a tawen a ta baket ken agkabawen ni lolak:Dni lolok a ket nahilig pay latta nga mapan makipallot..he he,kanayon met a maabak! :lol:

:star: ditoyak Central Florida manang, maysa nga oras manipud ditoy agingga Orlando. Baka, agpa-Cali kami no umakar ni baket ko iti trabaho na, probably San Diego..

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
NAIMBAG NGA ALDAW QADAQAYO AMIN!!! I am Patrick from Cajel, Diffun, Quirino

2036248992377l.jpg

Agbiag ti amin nga Ilocano ditoy VJ!!!!! Ayna Apo, matawenak ditoyen ket mailiwak iti saluyot, marunggay, sabidukong, alukon, liddeg, bisukol, birabid, bennik ken agurong...nilingta nga saba, ken kamoteng kahoy.....anya pay? hmmmm... dinardaraan nga baboy, kalding ken manok ha ha ha ha ha.... . i was reading the previous replies and it mesmirizes me of the typical Ilocano culture and environment. No tuyo, bangus, galunggong ken tilapia a ket adu ditoy ta asideg kami iti Asian market... tay dadduma ket nagmulaaak iti sili, tarong, parya, kamatis, okra, kamote...ah ket mayat ti panagdakkel da...naimas ti inggisa nga sardinas nga adda uggot ti kamote na...kaykayat ni baket ko...ngem maldayak la unay ta idi winter chill ket nakset da amin pati tay papaya nga dandani agsabongen ket natay a... itatta nagmulaak manen..isupay nga matiped mi.... ha ha ha ha ha ilocano mentality..... wen a, kasapulan nga agsalimetmet kaskasdi nga nagrigat arbiruk iti trabaho.....

makasulti akun waray, gagmay la... makaintindi akun cebuano gamay liwat...kabalo ning kapampangan...konti lang din... at the end of the day...I AM A PROUD ILOCANO!!!! :thumbs:

Hey Patrick, here's some dinardaraan, bisukol, marunggay & saluyot for you and the missus.

1784697774_cd4f5f24a6_m.jpg1299198363_ce96e52984_m.jpg2889091703_68d3ed245a_m.jpg2798766550_b8b536e8e3_m.jpg

It makes me glad to realize that your province was named after one of the most prominent men my hometown of Vigan has ever produced. Furthermore, the capital of your province was named after my father's uncle, Nueva Viscaya's former Gov. Leon Cabarroguis of the Cabarroguis clan of Narvacan, Ilocos Sur.

Comusta ti biag dita Florida? Mabalin ti agmula ti nateng tatta. Spring metten. Agmulaakto ti tamatis ken tarong no umay a domingo. The fruit trees (plum, peach & apple) in my backyard are starting to bloom. Are you planning to move here to Southern California?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The City

Twilight at Burnham Park

Mines View Park

Wright Park

Wow! Baguio must be a very pretty town. Nice weather, I presume, as the third picture shows people in sweaters and jackets. I have never been to Baguio but I think I'll be there someday somehow. :star:

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

The City

Twilight at Burnham Park

Mines View Park

Wright Park

Wow! Baguio must be a very pretty town. Nice weather, I presume, as the third picture shows people in sweaters and jackets. I have never been to Baguio but I think I'll be there someday somehow. :star:

Yo tambien. Never been to Baguio City. But I will go and see this place someday.

Hi Marie good evening:)bigat ditoy..and we just had our breakfast, check my post at # 92 it's Elpidio Quirino our sixth president...

To Mj and Marie, dios ti agngina kadacayo a dua. Diego Silang, Gabriela Silang & Elpidio Quirino must be very proud in their graves that we have remembered them!

Mj, I'm sorry that I had to let you to do a little homework yesterday. Marie, I think that your hometown of Alicia was named after Pres. Quirino's wife, Alcia Syquia Quirino. Am I correct?

From Wikipedia:

Alicia used to be the old town of Angadanan[1] until the new Angadanan was relocated in 1776 to its current location near the Angadanan Creek. Alicia is known for its old Castilian architectural church as tourists destination. Passing by Angadanan town on February 12, 1805, Fr. Manuel Mora, OP wrote that "Angadanan has a convent of bricks, though not totally finished. Its church is timber, wood and bamboo. The number of inhabitants is 791." Fr. Tomas Calderon (OP) started building the present church that was inaugurated in 1849 and dedicated to the Nuestra Senora de Atocha, more popularly known as Our Lady of Atocha. The old Angadanan was renamed in 1949 in honor of then President Elpidio Quirino's wife: Dona Alicia Syquia Quirino.

Hi MJ. Kumusta? Wen manong ko. Madik ammo nga nainagan gayam kanya na ti Alicia Isabela. Dios ti Agngina. Ditoy nak nga nagiskwela idi elementary saka highschool (School of Our Lady of Atocha). :)

Marie, do the pictures below bring you back memories of your childhood days?

2120125906_270d49ab24_m.jpg2120125300_01ed87794c_m.jpg

Ay wen manong ko. Kanayon kami nga agsimba ditoy simbaan ti Nuestra Senora de Atocha (Our Lady of Atocha). There is an elementary and highschool adjacent to the church. I went to study elementary and highschoo here. I remember climbing up and down the belfry with my cousins and classmates when we were in grade school. Ngamen adayo ti balay me idiya ili. Isunga nu sumrik kami ti bigat ket agbalon kami ti pangaldaw me tapno madi kami agawid ti aldaw ta narigat ngarud ti lugan idi saka kagurgurak ti magna ti mano nga kilometro ta nagpudot ngarud saka nagadayo apo. Ti aldaw nu malpas kami nga mangan, umuli kami idiay tuktok ti torre kadwak dagidiyay duwa nga ading ko saka kasinsin ko. Agungit nukwa adiay padi nu makita na kami isunga aglibas kami nga umuli. Tun agsimba kami ti Dominggo, ipulong na kami adiay padi kenni inang me. Ay maungtan kami kanayon ta natangkin ti ulo mi iddi ubbing kami.

Thanks for the picture. This surely reminded me of my childhood memories in this place. The last time I went to this church was in the Year 2000 when my grandmother died.

:lol: Sign of growing up hehe naalikuteg ka met gayam idi ubing ka aya Marie:))

Saan men unay. nalaing nak lang nga agkalayat. :jest:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

That's okay Neenuh. I was just telling Manong AJ that we (my younger siblings, cousins and classmates) used to climb up and down the church belfry when we were kids, you know, when you live in a small town where public transportation wasn't available all the time and you have to walk a mile or two going to school, which I hated back then. Everyday we packed our lunch with us going to school and after lunchtime, we liked climbing that belfry up and down and the parish priest wasn't pleased at all. So we had to sneak going up when he wasn't looking. :lol: And then when we go to the Sunday mass with my folks, the parish priest would tell them what we've been doing.

Ah, yes, to relive those days!

LOL @ the parish priest

Señorita Tessa and Rocky_nBullwinkle, the best time to go to Baguio would be early to mid February. Temperature goes down to about 9°C (that's around 48°F). Right now I heard its about 60°F :) It gets hot during the summer (April/May), and the traffic gets really bad.

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

04.23.07 sent I-130 packet

04.25.07 USPS confirmed I-130 packet delivered

05.18.07 money order cashed

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

10.23.07 received I-864 AOS fee

12.14.07 received I-864 AOS instructions

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

02.15.08 mailed I-864 AOS packet

02.15.08 mailed money order for IV fee

03.03.08 received IV packet

04.09.08 received I-864 AOS RFE

07.19.08 mailed I-864 RFE documents

12.19.08 mailed IV packet

01.02.09 case completed at the NVC

02.24.09 NVC interview packet arrived

02.25.09 SLEC medical DAY 1

02.27.09 SLEC medical DAY 2

03.02.09 SLEC medical DAY 3 PASSED!

03.05.09 USEM interview @ 6:30am APPROVED!

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The City

Twilight at Burnham Park

Mines View Park

Wright Park

Yeah, I agree, Baguio is a nice cool little town. My fiancee and I were there last August and the it was a lot cooler than here in the South, even on a rainy night in Georgia. We had a chance to visit all the places of interest, including the Philippine Military Academy where her youngest brother is a cadet.

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Timeline

Ah, yes, to relive those days!

LOL @ the parish priest

Señorita Tessa and Rocky_nBullwinkle, the best time to go to Baguio would be early to mid February. Temperature goes down to about 9°C (that's around 48°F). Right now I heard its about 60°F :) It gets hot during the summer (April/May), and the traffic gets really bad.

Thanks for the tip on the Baguio weather, neenuh. When my fiance fetches me after I get my visa, we plan to stop in Baguio after visiting his relatives in Ilocos. Hopefully, in early May. :thumbs:

a little about my wife's workplace when she was in Philippines.

http://www.usvirtualconsulatedavao.org.ph/...features01.html

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Yazi worked with Davao 911? Can you ask her if she knew Melchor Quitain, former Davao City Administrator and currently Davao City Legal Officer. Melchor is my brother in law, he's married to my older sister.

Yazi worked with Davao 911? Can you ask her if she knew Melchor Quitain, former Davao City Administrator and currently Davao City Legal Officer. Melchor is my brother in law, he's married to my older sister.

yes, she was a rescue technician. she does know a City Administrator. I don't remember his name. I'll ask her later. I meant him briefly when we were at City Hall in 2005. I saw the Colonel many times while we were at 911.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Hey Patrick, here's some dinardaraan, bisukol, marunggay & saluyot for you and the missus.

1784697774_cd4f5f24a6_m.jpg1299198363_ce96e52984_m.jpg2889091703_68d3ed245a_m.jpg2798766550_b8b536e8e3_m.jpg

It makes me glad to realize that your province was named after one of the most prominent men my hometown of Vigan has ever produced. Furthermore, the capital of your province was named after my father's uncle, Nueva Viscaya's former Gov. Leon Cabarroguis of the Cabarroguis clan of Narvacan, Ilocos Sur.

Comusta ti biag dita Florida? Mabalin ti agmula ti nateng tatta. Spring metten. Agmulaakto ti tamatis ken tarong no umay a domingo. The fruit trees (plum, peach & apple) in my backyard are starting to bloom. Are you planning to move here to Southern California?

aynan!!!!! nagimasen dagita impakita mon kabsat!!!! agtilmu-tilmunakon ditoy :wow: .. mayat met ditoy Florida... naimulak tay kamatis, parya, utong ken okra, tay tarong ket babassit da pay baka last week to nga mai-transplantkon, nagkaliak ti kamote ket adda met siguro 12 lbs nga nakalik. tay pear ken apple ko ket agsursuro pay la nga aguggot...tay pias, balubad ken granatis ket naksit da amin idi winter chill...sapay agsbaong koma tay pias kon ken tay papaya pay gayam.....

barbareng no makaakar kami San Diego area before 2012 kabsat... agleppasak pay iti practicasl nursing palubos ti Apo. ken ag-exam pay ni baket ko para iti Pharmacy law dita California ta haan nga agpapareho iti amin nga states.

Yap, Quirino is dedicated to former Pres. Elpidio Quirino and so with Gov. Leon Cabarroguis as our capital town. I hope to vist Vigan again in the future... i just went there once when we got to visit Apo's frozen body in Batac in 1998.

Nice meeting you, kabsat. Dios ti agnanayon a kumuyog kenka!!

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.