Señorita Tessa

Where's your hometown?

827 posts in this topic

Adu ti gagayyem ko nga taga Urdaneta idi agtartrabaho ak pay lat Hongkong,De la cruz family...ngem diak ammo no saddino dat urdaneta,anyways kumustat klemat dita ayan yo kabsat?nakasalsalimuot ditoy manilan... B)

Taga-Labit ti am-ammok ng dela Cruz ket i'm also related to them on my mother's side. Nagkapo ak met iddiay HK bago ak immay ditoy America. Apo, duray ditoy (southern) Calif ket nagbudot met kabsat, mas napudpudawak pay idi adda ak iddiay HK :whistle:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

ON PHILIPPINE LANGAUES AND DIALECTS

According to Ethnologue, a total of 171 native languages are spoken in the country. Except for English, Spanish, Hokkien (Lan-nang), Cantonese, Mandarin, and Chavacano, all of the languages belong to the Malayo-Polynesian language family.

There are 13 indigenous languages with at least one million native speakers: Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilokano, Hiligaynon, Waray-Waray, Kapampangan, Bikol, Albay Bikol [1], Pangasinan, Maranao, Maguindanao, Kinaray-a, and Tausug. One or more of these is spoken natively by more than 90% of the population.

A Philippine language family identified by Robert Blust is nearly synonymous with the Malayo-Polynesian languages of the Philippines. The differences are that the family includes languages of north Sulawesi and the Yami language of Taiwan, but excludes the Sama-Bajaw languages of the Sulu Archipelago as well as a couple North Bornean languages spoken in southern Palawan.

more readings on this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_Philippines

....and mor about Phuilippine culture can be read here : www.ncca.gov.ph/about-culture-and-arts/culture-profile/culture-profile-phil-fast-facts.php

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ayna apo, adu gayam ti kailocannuak ditoy!!!

I was born and raised in Urdaneta City of Pangasinan, our dialect was ilocano coz' we're from eastern Pangasinan, but i can speak and understand a little Pangasinense, too.

Mabuhay!

Hi! I noticed from your profile that you might be from the San Bernardino/Riverside area of Southern California. My fiance, who too is an Ilocano, lives in Corona and I wonder if Corona is close to where you are. I expect to join him as soon as possible and we hope to meet you someday there in the Inland Empire.

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

Ayna apo, adu gayam ti kailocannuak ditoy!!!

I was born and raised in Urdaneta City of Pangasinan, our dialect was ilocano coz' we're from eastern Pangasinan, but i can speak and understand a little Pangasinense, too.

Mabuhay!

Hi! I noticed from your profile that you might be from the San Bernardino/Riverside area of Southern California. My fiance, who too is an Ilocano, lives in Corona and I wonder if Corona is close to where you are. I expect to join him as soon as possible and we hope to meet you someday there in the Inland Empire.

About 45 minutes from here (Fontana) to Corona. Looking forward to meet you and your fiance soon.

Naturalization

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hmm... most of y'all came from provinces. can't find any from Manila/QC. :huh:

Hi SJ,goodmorning:)oh yes most of us are from the provinces,but i many of us lives in manila area,i spent almost my entire life overseas and manila,but i still speak my local dialect though :)

Cheers,

Mj

Yup. I was born and raised in the north, (Isabela) but I lived in Manila (Sampaloc and Valenzuela) when I went to college, worked three jobs, then I met my husband and then got married in the United States. I consider myself as an adopted daughter of Quiapo and Sampaloc. Quiapo was my happy place because I always go to Quiapo church mostly on Friday afternoons. Valenzuela City was another home when I wanted the peace and quiet.

During bus rides between Ilocos Sur and Manila many years ago during my college years, I always covered my nose as the bus passed by a certain town in Bulacan. This town could have been Valenzuela or Polo or Meycauayan. I am not sure now but the smell of leather that filled the air in this town is still vivid in my recollection. Rocky or Mj, please refresh my memory, is this town Valenzuela or Meycauayan?

Also, there was another town in Bulacan that was famous for having been stigmatized by innuendos of sexual titillation because it was a haven for nightclubs, cabarets and dance halls. This town is Bocaue, and I am sure of this because I have been there quite a few times before. However, I don’t know if these “hospitality” places still exist in Bocaue.

While doing a research in school years ago, I came upon the legal issues that affected the nightspots in Bocaue. It has been noted that in the mid 70s, the Municipality of Bocaue enacted an ordinance declaring illegal the operation of nightclubs, cabarets and dance halls, as well as the employment of hospitality girls in these establishments as these were the principal causes of moral decadence in the town. The owners of these establishments went to court and sought to nullify the ordinance on the ground that the municipality has no authority to prohibit a lawful business or occupation without violating the due process of law.

The trial court (Court of First Instance) upheld the constitutionality of the ordinance and declared that “lust cannot last”. However, the Supreme Court granted a writ of certiorari and the decision of the lower court was reversed and the ordinance was declared void and unconstitutional. As to what transpired after the Supreme Court decision, I know nothing and I don’t have any idea if such nightclubs and cabarets still flourish in Bocaue.

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

if you've read the first 2 pages of this topic, you'll see that some of us are from metro manila

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

Adu ti gagayyem ko nga taga Urdaneta idi agtartrabaho ak pay lat Hongkong,De la cruz family...ngem diak ammo no saddino dat urdaneta,anyways kumustat klemat dita ayan yo kabsat?nakasalsalimuot ditoy manilan... B)

Taga-Labit ti am-ammok ng dela Cruz ket i'm also related to them on my mother's side. Nagkapo ak met iddiay HK bago ak immay ditoy America. Apo, duray ditoy (southern) Calif ket nagbudot met kabsat, mas napudpudawak pay idi adda ak iddiay HK :whistle:

Oh Kitam laeng met ah?sadinno ti favorite spot mo idi idiay HK kabsat?siguro nalaing ka met nga agsao ti cantonese aya?(Lei ho ma?)malagip ko pay laeng diay expression ti chineses nga (haime)as in jaime ditoy pilipinas,maysa kadagiti best friends ko ket insinan lakay na gapu it Haime expression :bonk:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Hi SJ,goodmorning:)oh yes most of us are from the provinces,but i many of us lives in manila area,i spent almost my entire life overseas and manila,but i still speak my local dialect though :)

Cheers,

Mj

Yup. I was born and raised in the north, (Isabela) but I lived in Manila (Sampaloc and Valenzuela) when I went to college, worked three jobs, then I met my husband and then got married in the United States. I consider myself as an adopted daughter of Quiapo and Sampaloc. Quiapo was my happy place because I always go to Quiapo church mostly on Friday afternoons. Valenzuela City was another home when I wanted the peace and quiet.

During bus rides between Ilocos Sur and Manila many years ago during my college years, I always covered my nose as the bus passed by a certain town in Bulacan. This town could have been Valenzuela or Polo or Meycauayan. I am not sure now but the smell of leather that filled the air in this town is still vivid in my recollection. Rocky or Mj, please refresh my memory, is this town Valenzuela or Meycauayan?

Also, there was another town in Bulacan that was famous for having been stigmatized by innuendos of sexual titillation because it was a haven for nightclubs, cabarets and dance halls. This town is Bocaue, and I am sure of this because I have been there quite a few times before. However, I don’t know if these “hospitality” places still exist in Bocaue.

It could be Meycauayan or Valenzuela Manong ko. Nagado factory ditoy nga ili ti Bulacan. Valenzuela Bulacan is now Valenzuela City. I used to spend weekend in Malinta near Karuhatan in Valenzuela City where my grandmother used to live.

Bocaue Bulacan? Yeah, there used to be a place there where guys can hang out and have fun with the bar girls. :yes: All I know is that Bulacan is a good place to buy "Paputok" for New Years Day celebration.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Oh Kitam laeng met ah?sadinno ti favorite spot mo idi idiay HK kabsat?siguro nalaing ka met nga agsao ti cantonese aya?(Lei ho ma?)malagip ko pay laeng diay expression ti chineses nga (haime)as in jaime ditoy pilipinas,maysa kadagiti best friends ko ket insinan lakay na gapu it Haime expression :bonk:

Aysus, kaasi met diay bestfriend mo nga insina ni lakay na maypanggep laeng ti expression nga "haime". Nangrugi idi naglukat diay library iddiay Discovery Bay ay kanayon nak iddiay ta libre ti ang computer ket agbulod ti libro, saan ko nga nasubukan ti agtambay iddiay Central isu nga awan ti may bagak ng favorite spot ko. Saan ko nasursuro kabsat ti ang cantonese ta agasawa laeng diay amok isu nga puro english ti sao me.

Naturalization

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Ay discovery bay ka?Idiayak met Bonham road (mid levels)asideg ti Central...adda gayyem ko nga naiyasawa ti Bitoy (british) idiay discovery bay,isu nga kanayunak met idiay idi ah..

:P Stanley met ti kanayon nga papanan mi nga agbabarkada idi nangruna no pay day,mapankami pay ag barbecue idiay chung hom kok ah kabsat,i terribly miss those good old days :)

Nalaka ti makasursuro ti lenguaje no interesado ka,ken isu ti kanayon nga mangeg mo nga inaldaw..

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

ON PHILIPPINE LANGAUES AND DIALECTS

According to Ethnologue, a total of 171 native languages are spoken in the country. Except for English, Spanish, Hokkien (Lan-nang), Cantonese, Mandarin, and Chavacano, all of the languages belong to the Malayo-Polynesian language family.

There are 13 indigenous languages with at least one million native speakers: Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilokano, Hiligaynon, Waray-Waray, Kapampangan, Bikol, Albay Bikol [1], Pangasinan, Maranao, Maguindanao, Kinaray-a, and Tausug. One or more of these is spoken natively by more than 90% of the population.

A Philippine language family identified by Robert Blust is nearly synonymous with the Malayo-Polynesian languages of the Philippines. The differences are that the family includes languages of north Sulawesi and the Yami language of Taiwan, but excludes the Sama-Bajaw languages of the Sulu Archipelago as well as a couple North Bornean languages spoken in southern Palawan.

more readings on this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_Philippines

....and mor about Phuilippine culture can be read here : www.ncca.gov.ph/about-culture-and-arts/culture-profile/culture-profile-phil-fast-facts.php

Hi ading Pat kumusta kayo metten ken ni Michelle?

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Below is the original version of the Philippine National Anthem in Spanish.

Tierra adorada, hija del sol de Oriente,

Su fuego ardiente en ti latiendo esta.

¡Patria de amores!

Los invasores

No te hallaran jamás.

En tu azul cielo, en tus auras,

En tus montes y en tu mar

Esplende y late el poema

De tu amada libertad.

Tu pabellón, que en las lides

La victoria ilumino,

No vera nunca apagados

Sus estrellas y su sol.

Tierra de dichas, del sol y de amores,

En tu regazo dulce es vivir.

Es una gloria para tus hijos,

Cuando te ofenden, por ti morir

Comadre, gracias por el himno nacional en español. ¿Has cambiado tu apodo aquí en VJ?

¿Como estan chamacas? Me sorprenden que escriben en la lengua de Cervantes con fluidez. Vamos a ver, donde lo aprendieron?

tex-mex.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Below is the original version of the Philippine National Anthem in Spanish.

Tierra adorada, hija del sol de Oriente,

Su fuego ardiente en ti latiendo esta.

¡Patria de amores!

Los invasores

No te hallaran jamás.

En tu azul cielo, en tus auras,

En tus montes y en tu mar

Esplende y late el poema

De tu amada libertad.

Tu pabellón, que en las lides

La victoria ilumino,

No vera nunca apagados

Sus estrellas y su sol.

Tierra de dichas, del sol y de amores,

En tu regazo dulce es vivir.

Es una gloria para tus hijos,

Cuando te ofenden, por ti morir

Comadre, gracias por el himno nacional en español. ¿Has cambiado tu apodo aquí en VJ?

¿Como estan chamacas? Me sorprenden que escriben en la lengua de Cervantes con fluidez. Vamos a ver, donde lo aprendieron?

Estoy bien, José. Aprendi español en la escuela y de mi papá tambien.

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Cheers,

Mj

While doing a research in school years ago, I came upon the legal issues that affected the nightspots in Bocaue. It has been noted that in the mid 70s, the Municipality of Bocaue enacted an ordinance declaring illegal the operation of nightclubs, cabarets and dance halls, as well as the employment of hospitality girls in these establishments as these were the principal causes of moral decadence in the town. The owners of these establishments went to court and sought to nullify the ordinance on the ground that the municipality has no authority to prohibit a lawful business or occupation without violating the due process of law.

The trial court (Court of First Instance) upheld the constitutionality of the ordinance and declared that “lust cannot last”. However, the Supreme Court granted a writ of certiorari and the decision of the lower court was reversed and the ordinance was declared void and unconstitutional. As to what transpired after the Supreme Court decision, I know nothing and I don’t have any idea if such nightclubs and cabarets still flourish in Bocaue.

The judge of the Court of First Instance was a killjoy, wasn't he? :whistle: Nagadal ka ti law, Linda?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Cheers,

Mj

The judge of the Court of First Instance was a killjoy, wasn't he? :whistle: Nagadal ka ti law, Linda?

Yeah, the judge might have been a loner! :star: Wen, manong, nagbasaak ti law ngen saan ko a nalpas ta narigatanak nga agtrabajo ti aldaw ken agbasa iti rabii. Isu nga insardengco. I quit law school after my second year, but I have another degree that made it possible for me to be gainfully employed here in Baguio City. :star:

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.