mari joe

proof of ongoing relationship and i-129f petition

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ive looked at all the threads and this topic is dicussed often however there inlies the problem of opinions in every variation.

in some of the threads people refer to the philippines as a high fraud country. i will file the 129f petition for my fiancee very soon and im pretty sure of all the other information to send with the petition so i will keep my question specific. and thanks to anyone who has wisdom in this. Will it be benificial to send evidence of ongoing relationship with the i-129f petition such as emails, phone, instant message logs, copies of letters, ect.? and maybe to answer that question it must be considered if the philippines is a "high fraud" country. again thanks to anyone here with insite

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If you think it will be beneficial, do certainly send all that you can to make your case stronger, it won't hurt. Good Luck!

ive looked at all the threads and this topic is dicussed often however there inlies the problem of opinions in every variation.

in some of the threads people refer to the philippines as a high fraud country. i will file the 129f petition for my fiancee very soon and im pretty sure of all the other information to send with the petition so i will keep my question specific. and thanks to anyone who has wisdom in this. Will it be benificial to send evidence of ongoing relationship with the i-129f petition such as emails, phone, instant message logs, copies of letters, ect.? and maybe to answer that question it must be considered if the philippines is a "high fraud" country. again thanks to anyone here with insite

AOS/ROC/Citizenship Timeline

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Day 0 - Nov. 29: I-751(ROC) Package Sent

Day 1 - Nov. 30: I-751(ROC) Package Delivered @ VSC

Day 4 - Dec. 03: I-751(ROC) Check Cashed

Day 34 - Jan. 13-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Appointment Letter for 1/31/11

Day 46 - Jan. 31-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Completed

Day 138 - Jun. 09-2011: I-751(ROC) Approval Letter Received

Day 0 - Oct. 26 '11: N400 Package Sent

Day 1 - Oct. 27 '11: N400 Package Delivered @ Lewisville, TX

Day 5 - Oct. 31 '11: N400 NOA-1

Day 34 - Nov. 28 '11: Email: Placed in line for interview

Day 57 - Dec. 22 '11: Received yellow letter

Day 144 - Mar. 17 '12: Received fingerprinting letter

Day 147 - Mar. 20 '12: Biometrics completed

Day 156 - Mar. 29 '12: Email: Interview scheduled, letter in mail

Day 190 - May. 02 '12: Interview Completed, Passed, Oath same day

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Check with the folks in the PI forum to decide whether or not to front load your petition. You will find a sticky guide specific to Manilla there as well. ;)

I'm going to venture to guess that I don't think it's going to be very useful there. It may be considered high fraud but there is also a very high number of visa's issued.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The Phillipines are treated as a "high fraud" country. This has absolutely no bearing on the approval of the petition which is merely the acknowlegement that the petitioner (USC) meets the requirements to petition a fiancee and a K-1 visa can be applied for.

In filing the I-129f there is NO requirement to show an "ongoing relationship" that will occur at the interview stage, the application for the visa your foreign fiancee makes. You need only show, with the I-129f filing, that you have met your fiancee, in person, one time in the last two years. A brief description of where, when, and how accompanied with some primary evidence (a photo, boarding pass for travel and/or passport stamps) is usually all you need.

The additioanl scrutiny which comes with a high fraud country will occur later at the interview

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

For certain high fraud Countries it is often strongly suggested to front load the petition itself (I-129f) with proof of on-going relationship because very often a decision by the CO is made before the beneficiary even walks in the door for the interview... I believe this is where the OP's confusion comes from.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I tend to agree with this statement

For certain high fraud Countries it is often strongly suggested to front load the petition itself (I-129f) with proof of on-going relationship because very often a decision by the CO is made before the beneficiary even walks in the door for the interview... I believe this is where the OP's confusion comes from.

AOS/ROC/Citizenship Timeline

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Day 0 - Nov. 29: I-751(ROC) Package Sent

Day 1 - Nov. 30: I-751(ROC) Package Delivered @ VSC

Day 4 - Dec. 03: I-751(ROC) Check Cashed

Day 34 - Jan. 13-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Appointment Letter for 1/31/11

Day 46 - Jan. 31-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Completed

Day 138 - Jun. 09-2011: I-751(ROC) Approval Letter Received

Day 0 - Oct. 26 '11: N400 Package Sent

Day 1 - Oct. 27 '11: N400 Package Delivered @ Lewisville, TX

Day 5 - Oct. 31 '11: N400 NOA-1

Day 34 - Nov. 28 '11: Email: Placed in line for interview

Day 57 - Dec. 22 '11: Received yellow letter

Day 144 - Mar. 17 '12: Received fingerprinting letter

Day 147 - Mar. 20 '12: Biometrics completed

Day 156 - Mar. 29 '12: Email: Interview scheduled, letter in mail

Day 190 - May. 02 '12: Interview Completed, Passed, Oath same day

All I have to say is the more the better!

My SO's interview, the CO only checked a few things but he saw the amount of evidence my SO brought before him.

He checked

Our Elementary School Yearbook from 1990

A few Family Pics (2 pictures)

That was it.

Although all questions were for formality and basicaly just obswerving how my SO asnwered the questions.

But all CO's are different so it's best to be prepared.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I tend to agree with this statement

how can this thread be moved to the philippine forum?

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: Timeline

The I-129F is pretty much all about the petitioner. As long as you have proof of meeting in the last two years, and all the specifically requested evidence, you will be okay. I sent copies of my boarding passes, hotel receipt, and a few pictures of us together with her family. For ongoing relationship, I think all I sent were copies of a few emails.

The embassy interview is all about the beneficiary, except for the financial support. That will be your fiancee's opportunity to be in the spot light.

Edited by Mister_Bill

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

my fiance is the petitioner, I am dual citizen Australian/Canadian living in Canada, its how we met. we only cross the border by car so dont have boarding passes etc, and we had a bit of a break before we got back together and decided we wanted to make it permanent. anyhow, we got a rfe for proof of meeting and meeting within the last two years, even though we have three signed affidavits from people that were there when we met, as well as hotel bill putting us in the same room in November. we dont know what else to give them as we have nothing. i have pulled some phone records from 2007, but will take two weeks to get them, thank you Bell! would love to hear thoughts on this.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with Mr_Bill... the petition part is all about the petitioner, his legal capacity to marry, his finances, his background check results and if he and beneficiary have met within the past two years.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

IF it helps you for your petition, I did include proof of a relationship. I had several pages of our initial e-mail correspondence. Also, copies of three letters which I had sent to my fiance' in the RP, and three she sent to me here in the US. These letters were over the course of a couple of months, date-wise. You can ust line through anything which is too personal with a magic-marker. ;)

Moving on w/life

well, my fiance just sent one picture of us with the i129f and we were approved.

the proofs i brought during the interview were a few printed copies of our e-mails and our scrapbook. and we were also approved.

so i thinkyou just have to prove you met during the petition application. and then prove that you have an ongoing bona fide relationship during the interview.

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.