rockyourd

Risk of denial into U.S. after repeated trips on non-immigrant tourist visa

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Basically, here's the situation:

My girlfriend is in the Czech Republic, and I am in Los Angeles. She has a ten-year tourist visa which allows her to come and go 6 months at a time (I realize, not a guarantee). She has been here (Boston, actually) once already in November for a month, and is coming in two weeks to LA, for three weeks. She then plans on coming again in June, and we plan on getting married a couple of months into her being here, and then apply for an Adjustment of Status. I have consulted an attorney and I know that my option is either this or a K1 visa, which I cannot begin to imagine having to wait for. My question is simply this:

What is the likelihood that she will get denied entry upon her third trip to the States? She will say she is visiting a friend since she recently finished school and will not start working until September, and she will have a return plane ticket home.

So, has anyone here been denied entry based on coming too frequently/too many times?

Many thanks,

I

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My girlfriend is in the Czech Republic, and I am in Los Angeles. She has a ten-year tourist visa which allows her to come and go 6 months at a time (I realize, not a guarantee). She has been here (Boston, actually) once already in November for a month, and is coming in two weeks to LA, for three weeks. She then plans on coming again in June, and we plan on getting married a couple of months into her being here, and then apply for an Adjustment of Status. I have consulted an attorney and I know that my option is either this or a K1 visa, which I cannot begin to imagine having to wait for. My question is simply this:

What is the likelihood that she will get denied entry upon her third trip to the States? She will say she is visiting a friend since she recently finished school and will not start working until September, and she will have a return plane ticket home.

So, has anyone here been denied entry based on coming too frequently/too many times?

Many thanks,

I

What you propose REQUIRES a K-1 visa, using a visitor's visa with the INTENT to immigrate is visa fraud. The Adjustment of status can be DENIED if visa fraud is determined.

K-Visas for the most part get AOS approved without an interview because the visa has immigrant intent, and the visa has the added immigrant interview to get the K-Visa.

Moving this to the correct forum "WorK/Travel" fourn is for questions dealing with filing for EAD and AP docs.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is fraud.

You can not come to the USA with the intent to stay, as a tourist.

If she were to attempt this, and adjust status, the fact she has no job back home to go to will not help her case at all to show ties back home. And the fact she would be barred from entering the USA again for a long time

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Except that it's really hard to prove INTENT if no intent is shown.

So, yes, okay, it's illegal.

Can anyone prove it? Nope. Just like no one can prove that there was no intent.

Edited by Badgerella

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Burden of proof is on the petitioner, not USCIS.

Carry on at your own risk.

I know of one case personally that ended up with a three year ban, after they tried this "visitor" to "marriage" ploy.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Many thanks,

I

if she is coming to LA in 2 weeks why not begin to file for the K1 then? you will have to wait longer then you had initially planned to get married but not by much if you started the K1 /K3 procedure after June. And I guess you really have to ask yourself if you are willing to have a 3 year ban :S seems like waiting for the K1 like many other people are currently doing is a lot less stressful than a 3 year ban, anyways VJ is really supportive and if its meant to be you can get through the K1 wait. Prolly makes yoiu stronger as a couple but thats just my opinion...

I know of one case personally that ended up with a three year ban, after they tried this "visitor" to "marriage" ploy.

Personally, knowing that there are lots of people that do get deported, whether married or not..isn't worth the risk...

A friend of mine that married an American, says that she knows of someone, who is being deported, after being married 3 years....AND is pregnant....don't know the details to all...but obviously..they must of though they could "trick" the system...

Hope everything works out alright for you two!!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Everything is supposed to be done at your own risk, no? And the burden of proof is always on the petitioner, while COs do it as they please.

Intent or no intent is a very moot point.

I know of no cases at all that ended up not succeeding. Can't say that I know of many who have, though, either, because people from here don't really tend to go to the US in the first place.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

To enter the U.S. on any other visa besides a K-1 (or a dual intent visa) with the intention of marrying and then immigrating (filing AOS) is immigration fraud and it is against the law. Misrepresentation is punishible by ban. Do you really want to risk that? Some people, even lawyers, suggest this as an alternative to waiting out a K-1 but that does not change the fact that it is against the law. To propose one does this or to support the idea of this is against the VJ TOS as well.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Many thanks,

I

Oh, how cool. Announcing intent to commit visa fraud on an internet message board. Smart, really smart. :rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

YuandDan wrote:

"K-Visas for the most part get AOS approved without an interview because the visa has immigrant intent, and the visa has the added immigrant interview to get the K-Visa."

Is that true? Will we receive our green card without the interview? This would be great because it scares me!

AC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

In addition to the risk, it's best to begin being honest with USCIS right away. Trying to cut corners illegally can become habit-forming. :bonk:

Filed: Timeline
YuandDan wrote:

"K-Visas for the most part get AOS approved without an interview because the visa has immigrant intent, and the visa has the added immigrant interview to get the K-Visa."

Is that true? Will we receive our green card without the interview? This would be great because it scares me!

No need to be scared! If you have a real relationship, you will have no problems at the interview. I know I didn't, on the contrary.

Many thanks,

I

Your attorney just advised you to commit visa fraud, I would be wary of accepting advice from such a one.

There is no specific answer to your question, because a visa is no guarantee for entry into the US. A tourist visa holder can be denied entry at the POE anytime. It depends on the decision of the CPB officer at that time. I know people this has happened to. IMO, its not worth the risk...to come all the way here and to be denied entry would break my heart worse than the long wait for the K-1.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.