bar1kenoby

Help the italian!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

I need to have few information.

I never met my girl cuz a lot of reasons but now the time is coming and we are planning about a K-1 visa.

I knew her online and I helped her to come out from a bad story with her ex and little by little we fell in love for each other...is 1yr and half that we are always together online constantly 24/7...spending even the time that we sleep online on camera....so I was thinking that now is the time to meet each other and try to make her my wife if everything when I'll be there, will be good like I think.

1. About the proofs that USCIS ask to have...can I use present's receives, letters and other stuff like that, coming from before the day that we met in person?

2. Can I say at the POE that I'm coming to visit my friend?

3. I have problems to find the prices of all the k-1 procedure....how much is going to be +or-?

4. How long I have to wait in Italy afther that I'll have my 1st trip in the USA?

Thank U

Edited by bar1kenoby

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I never met my girl cuz a lot of reasons but now the time is coming and we are planning about a K-1 visa.

I knew her online and I helped her to come out from a bad story with her ex and little by little we fell in love for each other...is 1yr and half that we are always together online constantly 24/7...spending even the time that we sleep online on camera....so I was thinking that now is the time to meet each other and try to make her my wife if everything when I'll be there, will be good like I think.

1. About the proofs that USCIS ask to have...can I use present's receives, letters and other stuff like that, coming from before the day that we met in person?

3. I have problems to find the prices of all the k-1 procedure....how much is going to be +or-?

4. How long I have to wait in Italy afther that I'll have my 1st trip in the USA?

Thank U

This is pure speculation on my part, but I would assume that before you are eligible to apply for a K-1 visa, you will need to be married. The Catch-22 here is that I don't think the USCIS is that keen on you entering the U.S. for the (stated) purpose of getting married. If you go to www.amazon.com, you may find some helpful books about your situation and how you may proceed. Also, it doesn't hurt (other than in your wallet) to contact an immigration lawyer. This may be something that's better done by your significant other here in the US, since a U.S. lawyer is probably better versed in this country's immigration laws.

Good luck!

Goran

01/31/2009 - Mailed N-400 to the Texas Lockbox

02/05/2009 - USPS "Priority" mail package delivered to Texas Lockbox

02/05/2009 - Priority Date

02/10/2009 - Notice Date

03/03/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

03/19/2009 - Interview Letter Received

05/21/2009 - Interview Appointment

05/21/2009 - Interview Passed

07/15/2009 - Oath Appointment

07/15/2009 - Oath Completed

07/15/2009 - Submitted Passport Application (Standard 4-6 week service)

08/22/2009 - Received letter stating that I did not sign passport application (not true) and need to re-apply

08/24/2009 - Resubmitted passport application

09/05/2009 - Received Passport

Hi,

Thank U

This is pure speculation on my part, but I would assume that before you are eligible to apply for a K-1 visa, you will need to be married. The Catch-22 here is that I don't think the USCIS is that keen on you entering the U.S. for the (stated) purpose of getting married. If you go to www.amazon.com, you may find some helpful books about your situation and how you may proceed. Also, it doesn't hurt (other than in your wallet) to contact an immigration lawyer. This may be something that's better done by your significant other here in the US, since a U.S. lawyer is probably better versed in this country's immigration laws.

Good luck!

Goran

THE GUIDES AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE FOR BOTH YOU GUYS :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ignore the previous response, obviously you don't need to be married for the K1- quite the opposite!

1. You cannot file before having met in person, you will be denied and that wastes time. If you cannot go to her and she cannot come to Italy, maybe meet in a third country, such as Mexico or Canada?

2. Yes, she is a friend after all :) Always be truthful to immigration officers (ie if they ask is she your fiancee, say so), but no need to give more info than they ask for; you could also do some sightseeing while there :P

3. Not sure as we didn't do this visa, I believe about 3000 dollars including the AOS so you can work after marriage etc/

4. It seems to take about 6 months from Italy (go to http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/ and check for Italy). You can cut down on time apart by filing for the K1 on the first day you meet, then staying 90 days with her on the VWP, or possibly visit once or twice for shorter times during the process.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I took the decision to go there...her brother and her mom will help her in a while that I'll be not there.

obly we will be not in her city but near there...cuz that guy has the reputation to be "all talk"...I italian so I think that an irish like U could understand whant that mean.

anyway...could I file everything the 1st day that I'll be there the 1st time?

How about the proofs that we met already in the last 2 years?

Timeline
Ignore the previous response, obviously you don't need to be married for the K1- quite the opposite!

1. You cannot file before having met in person, you will be denied and that wastes time. If you cannot go to her and she cannot come to Italy, maybe meet in a third country, such as Mexico or Canada?

2. Yes, she is a friend after all :) Always be truthful to immigration officers (ie if they ask is she your fiancee, say so), but no need to give more info than they ask for; you could also do some sightseeing while there :P

3. Not sure as we didn't do this visa, I believe about 3000 dollars including the AOS so you can work after marriage etc/

4. It seems to take about 6 months from Italy (go to http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/ and check for Italy). You can cut down on time apart by filing for the K1 on the first day you meet, then staying 90 days with her on the VWP, or possibly visit once or twice for shorter times during the process.

U missunderstood...I made already a lot of presents, emails, and other stuff paying online or sending that from italy directly....I kept I save the receives of that stuff...do U think that I could use those when I'll ask the k-1 even if are coming from the periond that we didn't meet in person?

OK, here's the deal.

The USC (US Citizen) can not petition for you (for a K1/Fiancé) visa if you to have not already met, IN PERSON within the past two years. Gifts - cards, emails etc can not help overcome the requirement to have met in person (Before sending in the petition.).

If you want to come to the US to visit - you're free to do so - Italy is a VWP Country (Visa Waiver Program) so you would not need to apply for a tourist visa to come here.

Once you two have met in person (either here in the US, or anywhere) - a petition for a K1 can be done.

That should be enough to get you started... :thumbs:

Edited by Karin und Otto

Timeline

Like I wrote, I want to come there to meet her and spend time with her so that we can go afther the rules without risk our future together.

Looking the answere that I had from penguin...when I'll be there the 1st time, can I file everything the 1st day?

all the things that we sent each other before that we met...are able to be used like proof to have the K-1?

Timeline

I definitely understand the "all talk" thing :)

Yes you can file on the first day, as you will have met in person by then; you can prepare the papers and things (such as birth certs etc) ahead of time. Once you get to the US, you can make a photocopy of your plane ticket, passport stamp, and maybe take a photo or two of you two together as a couple, and then send it all off. For the rest of your stay, keep hotel recipts, take more photos (ideally with friends and family in the photos, that shows that they know and approve of the relationship), for bonafide evidence at the interview.

It bears saying that you do not need to live together/ be in the same hotel room for the "meeting in person" thing. As she is having trouble with her ex, you could always visit as "a friend of her brother", maybe even stay with him and she can visit you, thus the ex won't suspect anything.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

BTW, you should check out the K1 forum on this site. where you'll meet lots of others doing the fiance visa too and might get more/ better answers than in this forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
I definitely understand the "all talk" thing :)

Yes you can file on the first day, as you will have met in person by then; you can prepare the papers and things (such as birth certs etc) ahead of time. Once you get to the US, you can make a photocopy of your plane ticket, passport stamp, and maybe take a photo or two of you two together as a couple, and then send it all off. For the rest of your stay, keep hotel recipts, take more photos (ideally with friends and family in the photos, that shows that they know and approve of the relationship), for bonafide evidence at the interview.

It bears saying that you do not need to live together/ be in the same hotel room for the "meeting in person" thing. As she is having trouble with her ex, you could always visit as "a friend of her brother", maybe even stay with him and she can visit you, thus the ex won't suspect anything.

1. Can I use the receives that I have about the things that i bought for her before that I'll meet her?

(she have already her ring from me!:D)

Timeline
1. Can I use the receives that I have about the things that i bought for her before that I'll meet her?

(she have already her ring from me!:D)

Yes you definitely can, it will explain why you are filing fo the visa the day you are meeting. Chat logs from the internet and selected emails are a good idea to.

mod penguin.jpg

is the USCIS not going to judge it in a bad way because we was using internet to be together?...when we'll should we say that we knew each others online and all our history?

No they won't. You always have to be honest about your history. No need to lie .Just tell the truth.

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

Timeline

Plenty of people met on the internet, no worries there :)

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.