biribiri

IMBRA for all??

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

*sigh*

For the 100th time....

IMBRA applies to more than couples who met by virtue of a marriage broker.

It also contains limitations regarding the number of filings for previous beneficiaries. Thus ALL petitions are subject to a records check under the USC's name and social security for previous submissions.

I also believe the implementaion of IMBRA is not established well-enough to know whether or not USC's will be 'background checked' at this stage of the process.

As Yodrak states, IMBRA applies to EVERYONE.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

As I understand the transfer process. based upon a telecon with the national office, your priority date remains the same.

The objective was to consolidate all I-129F petitons to Vermont or CSC, in an effort to expedite the overall waiting time.

Unfortunately, the IMBRA piece happened in the middle of this consolidation.

With that said, you need not worry that you will fall back to the end of the line. I was told that we would be processed in due order.

Well, I hope that is accurate!

What kind of teleconference? What other secret information do you have? TELL US MORE PLEASE!!!

I'm sure the priority date remains the same but how on earth are they going to process in order when everyone is going to receive and return their RFEs at different times? Are they sending out RFEs based on priority date as well? That would probably make some sense.

Processing of petitions IMHO will not change from the service centers regular system of processing.

Any petitions submitted on or after March 6 will receive an RFE in order for the originally submitted petitions to be compliant with the IMBRA. Thats it. The normal processing of each petition will not then occur until they are up to processing petitions with the date of receipt on each petition.

Presently

CSC is showing as processing petitions with a receipt date of Feb 3

VSC is showing as processing petitions with a receipt date of March 6

So therefore eg a petition with a receipt date of say April 29 will be sent an RFE so that the petition is compliant with the IMBRA but that petition will not continue with processing until they are processing petitions with a receipt date of April 29. All will be as usual.

As the recalled petitions (primarily from VSC) have already been approved they will be sent an RFE to bring the originally submitted petition up to compliance but they will not IMO have to wait for the processing date to reach their original receipt date as in all other aspects they have already been processed. Except those that will need further processing due to criminal history and/or filing of multiple petitions. Petitions will then be forwarded again to Consulates via NVC.

We just need to know if USCIS think the same way.

I agree with you, but if they will start processing according to the receipt date, that´s how they should start sending the RFEs as well.....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

2. Some if not most of us here on VJ probably should not even need to worry about IMBRA because the Act's definition of an "international marriage broker" has some EXCEPTIONS ...

Can you please link to, or copy the words from, the information that causes you to say this? I would be interested in reading it after reviewing the new I-129F. I would like to know what those "exceptions" are and where they are listed?!?!?!

Thanks!

Hello!

Here is the extract from the IMBRA 2005 as requested. :yes:

(4) INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE BROKER.—

(A) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘‘international marriage

broker’’ means a corporation, partnership, business, individual,

or other legal entity, whether or not organized

under any law of the United States, that charges fees

for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services,

or social referrals between United States citizens or

nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States

as permanent residents and foreign national clients by

providing personal contact information or otherwise facilitating

communication between individuals.

(B) EXCEPTIONS.—Such term does not include—

(i) a traditional matchmaking organization of a

cultural or religious nature that operates on a nonprofit

basis and otherwise operates in compliance with the

laws of the countries in which it operates, including

the laws of the United States; or

(ii) an entity that provides dating services if its

principal business is not to provide international dating

services between United States citizens or United

States residents and foreign nationals and it charges

comparable rates and offers comparable services to

all individuals it serves regardless of the individual’s

gender or country of citizenship.

:no:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This may sound kind of silly and/or stupid, but doesn't the IMBRA apply to male petitioners only?

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
This may sound kind of silly and/or stupid, but doesn't the IMBRA apply to male petitioners only?

all usc's. if it was aimed at males only then the lawsuits would fly

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I just thought it might be true since it was supposedly created to protect (female) beneficiaries against violence. Who knows. This new law, it's so vague...next thing I know, it'll affect me since I talk to my fiance through MSN :unsure:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

People, the law was made mainly to protect female beneficiaries, but you can´t make a law that is so especific and discriminating. So, in order to be fair to all, and in order for them to know exactly where every applicant stands, EVERYONE (FEMALE AND MALE BOTH) filing an I-129F will have to comply. Meaning, everyone must use the new form (or reply to the RFE) providing the info they need, everyone has the limitation on number of I-129F petitions you can file for, etc.

It´s not so hard, really.

EDIT: RFE is a request for evidence.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some CSC peeps got touched today tho, so maybe that means RFEs were sent?

PS: You know there's NO WAY the gov't will FedEx anything to us.

Only time will tell on all this... :huh:

Could be but since the Vermont people got actual online case status updates indicating their RFEs were sent, it seems the CSC touches are related to the multiple emails they sent out yesterday indicating they now have received the transfers sent to them on June 1. Hate to be negative but it seems the touches today are "we are opening our mail" touches rather than we are sending RFEs. I hope I'm wrong and it's just that CSC hasn't posted the same message on the online case status update.

I know they would never use Fed Ex but don't you think if any situation warrents sending express mail, it's the people whose petitions were returned from the foreign consulate solely due to USCIS's major error?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if they were a private company, they would have been out of business a long time ago.

The CSC address is in Laguna Niguel, yes? This is where I submitted my original I-129F. I live in Laguna Beach and only about 5 miles from the address. It's a P.O. Box but I'm guessing the offices must be close by. I could drive over there sometime - maybe picket outside? :P

Timeline

It affects everyone anyway, now the process is even slower.

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay Guys, I have a question about this whole mess....

My application is being sent tomorrow. Since we have the new I-129F form, how will this effect us? Will we be in line after everyone who USCIS is waiting for RFE's from? Not that I think it would be fair for us to skip over anyone in line, I do not, I believe it's only fair for things to progress in order of receipt but I am just trying to anticipate how much delay we may see.....

"Let your legs carry your body and your heart carry your dreams."

June 19th, 2006 - I129-F sent via Fedex (courtesy of my Honey's work) to arrive using next day delivery

Mid- July - Found out I129-F never left his company but is lost there.....need to gather and try again

August 2006 - Still waiting...maybe not the I-129F route anymore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.