lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I've been looking into flights as I am expecting to receive my approval any day now, Maire and I have the same dates so hopefully mine is right behind hers, (by-the-way Maire YOU WIN!). I am trying to figure out how to fly to prague stay in a hotel for a week or 2 and fly back with my BH for the best cost. All the cheap ticket sites don't offer one way tickets departing from another country. When I did an international search for the one way ticket it was about half of the round trip price, in euros. But the website was in german and I could ready anything other than that.

Any ideas as to how I can fly to her for the interview then fly back with her?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
thanks guysssss........urs are surely coming.......but ur right...do not rely on anything else by check ur mail....I had to realize the hard way after checking the uscis site for months that it is nothing but worthless...it still says received and pending....

CONGRATS MAIRE!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
i am worried because i think the guy omitted two of my kids on the i 134 form and now i am nervous about it. i tried writing the guy and he never responded. my other daughter he put that she was 8 when she was 9 and now 10 as of january. i don't know if this will cause a problem or not.

Rich, relax buddy! it's coming... personally I think if there was an RFE coming that you would have had it already... no guarantee but i think your ok!

Lets go have a beer or play some golf... get your mind off the mistakes.... It's-a-coming!

Maire, what did you beau say?

Richard...EWA!!!!!I think u do it on purpose to piss me off!!!what the hell is "beau"...if its my fiance...when I called him...he was shocked...and so nervious I could hear it in his voice.....he stayed quiet like for 10 min....no lie..and then I realized he was crying.....

Silly GURL

:yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

ugh now im so nervous about the interview, going to paris all alone (im a baby yea, plus i get lost in the mall, so paris, cough cough) :whistle:

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Timeline

well my interview is gonna be a lil different, i moved in the us when i was 14 with a k2 visa (my mom had a k1)

and iv alway been legal , but my mom moved out of the country before i ever received my green card, and she said i would get it... and then i realized i would never get it becase my step dad was supose to do it, so when my baby aked to marry me, i decided to move back on my own an apply for the k1 myself

so im a lil scared smething can go wrong at the interview because of my mom leaving me. iv never been illegal,but i had a out of status case with the permission to stay from the immigration until we found a solution....so im very nervous plus i get bad anxiety lol

Timeline
Breathe deep! You will do just fine. Stay positive. I don't know much about that but staying positive is a good start. Hang in there!

true, i am hopeful bc i didnt do anything wrong, but i can t help it, im freaking out haha

i just can t wait for it to be over with, just like everybody else i know lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Yeah, I am still waiting for the approval so my BH is still upset. She isn't on VJ and is a bit of a pessimist. You are on the last stretch of a long journey and your desire to be with your man will pay off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
I've been looking into flights as I am expecting to receive my approval any day now, Maire and I have the same dates so hopefully mine is right behind hers, (by-the-way Maire YOU WIN!). I am trying to figure out how to fly to prague stay in a hotel for a week or 2 and fly back with my BH for the best cost. All the cheap ticket sites don't offer one way tickets departing from another country. When I did an international search for the one way ticket it was about half of the round trip price, in euros. But the website was in german and I could ready anything other than that.

I was actually going to order a RT ticket, even though I knew I was not going to make the return date. For me RT plus the fees to change the dates was so much cheaper than a one way ticket. I have found the one ways to China are 85% of a RT. So even after the fees I am still ahead. Then use the extra fees and book a return for me and one way for my honey. However YMMV.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Breathe deep! You will do just fine. Stay positive. I don't know much about that but staying positive is a good start. Hang in there!

OR take a XANAX!

D_n_M, I have read other say that airlines offer discount one way tickets for immigration. I do not know if it is true, but worth looking into. I use Kayak.com as a good place to start, again, don't know if it will work for you, but worth checking into.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Cool thanks Richard. Thats the second time I have heard of Kayak.com I will look into it.

Kayak is the best! Always has the best deals. Sign up for an account then set an alert for flights for the airports you want at a certain price. That's how I managed to score a last minute ticket in Feb to Sicily for $600 (I usually pay around a thousand).

(Please see timeline for more detail)

I-129F Visa Submission
Feb. 09, 2009: I-129F Submitted
Aug. 24-25, 2009: Exam/Interview in Naples; VISA IN PASSPORT!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
October 2009: POE!!!
December 2009: Wedding!!!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission
Jan. 14, 2010: USPS confirms delivery at Chicago Lockbox (mailed 1/11)
Jan. 19, 2010: I-131, I-485, I-765 NOA's (received 1/23)
Mar. 04, 2010: Status changed to PERMANENT RESIDENT

I-751 Petition: Removal of Conditions
(Eligible on March 4th, 2012, based on 2 years as LPR (can apply 90-days prior))
Jan. 09, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Removal of Conditions/10-year GC at Vermont Service Center (mailed 1/6)
Jan. 10, 2012: I-751 NOA (received 1/13)
Jan. 20, 2012: I-751 ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 3/12 (we originally had an appt for a month earlier, but had to request another date bc of prior commitments
Oct. 03, 2012: I-751 NOA congratulating us on lifting of conditions (it took 8 months and 24 days). Green card arrived within two weeks.

N-400 Naturalization
Eligible on March 4th, 2013 after 3 years as LPR
Dec. 18, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Naturalization at Dallas, TX facility (mailed 1/14)
Dec. 20, 2012: N-400 NOA
Jan. 14, 2013: Biometrics appointment

Jul. 16, 2013: American History & English Exam

Aug. 23, 2013: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

What about just booking two tickets for the same flight out? You will just not use the one for her there...obviously, but then she'll get on the home trip.

I wonder if they'll wonder how she got to the airport though?

i cant sleep! :wacko:

Ehm...notice my time stamp. :whistle:

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.