33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
Esssentially she SHOULD/COULD, have been included her on the paper work, we would have avoided this mess?

Anyone removing conditions (i.e. to ge 10 year green card) has to file an I-751. I dont know if you can put more than one name on the form.l....I doubt it. Since she is now married, her mother isnt going to do it for her,,,,you wife has to file her own form, along with the required evidence.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Esssentially she SHOULD/COULD, have been included her on the paper work, we would have avoided this mess?

Anyone removing conditions (i.e. to ge 10 year green card) has to file an I-751. I dont know if you can put more than one name on the form.l....I doubt it. Since she is now married, her mother isnt going to do it for her,,,,you wife has to file her own form, along with the required evidence.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

IF you have K-2 children who will also be filing for removal of conditions at the same time, you may include them and use only one form and only one fee for the form.

It isn't March yet so too soon for mother to file. It's not to late.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

From the form instructions:

Conditional Resident Children

In Part 5 of the form, please make sure to include any conditional resident children applying with you in order to have their conditional basis removed, or they may file separately. Please remember to provide their A-number.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
Link did not work.

Only reason i say its too late is, mom isnt same state as us. and lawyer did all the paper work already.

I dont see why the ^&%^* the lawyer said she couldnt be included in the paperwork!

Thats extremely frustrating.

Then you have two choices. Have the lawyer change the paperwork to include your wife, or have her file herself.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

I appreciate all the help and advice. but that I-751 form, contradicts, what we are.

If you are still married, the petition should be filed jointly

by you and the spouse through whom you obtained

conditional status (SHE DIDNT RECEIVE HER STATUS

FROM ME). However, you may apply for a waiver

of this joint filing requirement if:

That is the problem i have with this form. And this is why i have a problem filing this stuff on my own. You get one chance to fil this out correctly, or else, shes stuck without a work permit, and green card, for several more months.

Are we sure this is correct?

Edited by nociuduis

Timeline
I appreciate all the help and advice. but that I-751 form, contradicts, what we are.

That is the problem i have with this form. And this is why i have a problem filing this stuff on my own. You get one chance to fil this out correctly, or else, shes stuck without a work permit, and green card, for several more months.

Read all the instructions. This will be key to your success.

If you are a child filing separately from your parent, also submit your petition with a full explanation as to why you are filing separately, along with copies of any supporting documentation.

Finding, downloading and scanning for this answer took me less than two minutes. You're going to need to actually behave like this is as important as you already know it is.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

this would be for anyone who was issued a conditional card based on a spousal or fiance visa and is applying for conditions to be removed based on the marriage to a USC that was the pre-cursor to the greencard (ie.. the mother).... this does not apply to someone who received a greencard based on a derivitive K-2... however the K-2 will remove conditions with the associated K-1.

The waiver is needed if the marriage that existed when the original greencard was issued, had been terminated in the interim

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You do definitely have a bit of a different situation than most here on VJ. Your wife was brought to the U.S. with a K-2 visa, so her removal of conditions is really based on her mother, not on you.

My daughter was a K-2 and filed separately from me because she was not eligible at the same time I was (she followed-to-join after I was already in the U.S.).

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If you are a child filing separately from your parent, also submit your petition with a full explanation as to why you are filing separately, along with copies of any supporting documentation.

We filled out the paperwork for my daughter along with a letter explaining that she was filing separately because I had already filed for myself before she was eligible. The documents we attached to her application were:

Copy of her Conditional Permanent Resident Card and identity pages of her passport

Copy of her Driver's Licence

Copy of her College student i.d. card and transcripts

Copy of our (mine and her step-dad's) joint U.S. income tax returns

Copy of her own income tax returns and W-2's

Copy of her checking account statement

Copy of her health insurance card (showing her as a dependent on my husband's health insurance)

Copy of vehicle insurance documents showing her as a rated driver on the policy.

She had her own interview, which I was able to attend with her. She was 20 at the time of her application.

Hope this helps some.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Timeline

I am going to try my hardest, to leave this thing update much as I can.

That is one thing i hate about online; people never come back to say how they fixed it, and leave you hanging.

So anyway...

We found out last night, the lawyer as all paperwork.

So technically there is still time to talk to the lawyer, and add my wifes name to the paperwork, without us filing separately.

The date in which all is being send out is March 15, is exactly 90days, to current card.

Now i dont know how or what fight the lawyer will put, but were hoping all can be accomplished on one application.

So am i correct in doing this? Comments.

Timeline
I am going to try my hardest, to leave this thing update much as I can.

That is one thing i hate about online; people never come back to say how they fixed it, and leave you hanging.

So anyway...

We found out last night, the lawyer as all paperwork.

So technically there is still time to talk to the lawyer, and add my wifes name to the paperwork, without us filing separately.

The date in which all is being send out is March 15, is exactly 90days, to current card.

Now i dont know how or what fight the lawyer will put, but were hoping all can be accomplished on one application.

So am i correct in doing this? Comments.

there should not be a "fight" with the lawyer... if there is then I would suggest new counsel

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.