r0yalflush

Criminal record please help!!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hello everyone, i just filed my I-129F fiance 5 months ago. Lately i've been stressing out about my past criminal record. About 9 years ago when i was 17, i got convicted for a crime, it happened because my ex slapped me, then i slapped her back, that was it. I forgot what i got convict for because of that, maybe a felony? im not sure. Anyway, The court told me that if i do community service and pay the fees, then it will be off my record. I did all that 9 years ago. So i'm assuming it has been off my record ever since. When i filed the I-129F, i didnt not mentioned it, because i was thinking it's no longer on my record. My question is, will everything going to be fine or i will have some trouble with my I-129 application when they do my background check? also whats going to happen? plesae help thank you

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hello everyone, i just filed my I-129F fiance 5 months ago. Lately i've been stressing out about my past criminal record. About 9 years ago when i was 17, i got convicted for a crime, it happened because my ex slapped me, then i slapped her back, that was it. I forgot what i got convict for because of that, maybe a felony? im not sure. Anyway, The court told me that if i do community service and pay the fees, then it will be off my record. I did all that 9 years ago. So i'm assuming it has been off my record ever since. When i filed the I-129F, i didnt not mentioned it, because i was thinking it's no longer on my record. My question is, will everything going to be fine or i will have some trouble with my I-129 application when they do my background check? also whats going to happen? plesae help thank you

Hard to say. What part of the statement below did you not understand?

Answering this question is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone, including a judge, law enforcement officer, or attorney, told you that you no longer have a record.

USCIS has access to expunged records.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Hard to say. What part of the statement below did you not understand?

Answering this question is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone, including a judge, law enforcement officer, or attorney, told you that you no longer have a record.

USCIS has access to expunged records.

I did understand, i was told if i pay the fees and do the service required, then it will be clear off my record, and i did what was required 9 years ago. I only convicted for slapping my ex. If thats going to delay my process or whatever then that will be ridicilous.

Timeline
I did understand, i was told if i pay the fees and do the service required, then it will be clear off my record, and i did what was required 9 years ago. I only convicted for slapping my ex. If thats going to delay my process or whatever then that will be ridicilous.

So you understood you should have answered yes and followed the instructions but you chose to do otherwise? And now you want to blame USCIS if something is delayed?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

So you understood you should have answered yes and followed the instructions but you chose to do otherwise? And now you want to blame USCIS if something is delayed?

so what do you think is going to happen? please help

maybe you should ask for criminal record so you will know what you did coz you said you forgot already..and try to know if your record can cause for denial for visa...and also tell your fiance about it.. have you read about adam walsh act? i dont know if it falls under that..maybe not.

Although i dont agree with a man putting his hands on a woman for any reason and im not here to judge u so plz dont interpret it the wrong way. I dont think that and isolated incident would be considered a felony. But u should disclose it.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline
Although i dont agree with a man putting his hands on a woman for any reason and im not here to judge u so plz dont interpret it the wrong way. I dont think that and isolated incident would be considered a felony. But u should disclose it.

it was 9 years ago, while my ex and i was arguing, she slapped me, then i slapped her back. Plus i've went through hell for that slap to make it up. It was just a childish thing. Hopefully that wont hurt my I-129F :innocent:

Timeline

so what do you think is going to happen? please help

Hard to say. Like I said, USCIS is an exception to any "expungement" procedures. The can see records the public and some law enforcement cannot. If they see the record and determine you lied, they could do anything from nothing, to requesting the records or denying the petition. If they don't see the record, in the name check process, then it won't matter.

Going forward, read carefully, interpret literally and follow the instructions. It's only your future happiness you gambled with. Had you checked yes and followed the instructions the worst case was your fiancee would be informed of the record.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You gave false information and now are worried what will happen. We really do not know, we could tell you what would happen if you had been truthful...nothing. You probably would have been approved by now.

I think it is important also that your fiancee knows you are capable of hitting women when provoked. That is probably why they ask it and probably why you lied.

So, sit back and see what happens.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

how did i give false infomation? i thought it's already off my record, so i didnt think its necessary to put it in there, thats it.

secondly, i got the guts the admit i slapped my ex back 9years ago, but i didnt beat her beat her, it was an accident i slapped her back , it wasnt even that hard anyway, and i've went to hell to make it up after court.

You gave false information and now are worried what will happen. We really do not know, we could tell you what would happen if you had been truthful...nothing. You probably would have been approved by now.

I think it is important also that your fiancee knows you are capable of hitting women when provoked. That is probably why they ask it and probably why you lied.

Timeline

You gave false information by answering no to a question when the correct answer was yes. You say you understood the instructions and ignored them. There may be consequences now for lying about then. Welcome to life. So, I ask again...

What part of the statement below did you not understand?

how did i give false infomation? i thought it's already off my record, so i didnt think its necessary to put it in there, thats it.

secondly, i got the guts the admit i slapped my ex back 9years ago, but i didnt beat her beat her, it was an accident i slapped her back , it wasnt even that hard anyway, and i've went to hell to make it up after court.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Timeline

You had to disclose it whether it was expunged or not , what part of that is difficult to understand?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.