DMYERS

K1 Situation - 129F - HELP

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance is currently working in another country abroad; she's been there for 7 years now. The situation we're facing is that when she found work in that country through a job agency, they altered her age on her paperwork in order to place her. In other words, they filed her paperwork as being older than she actually is; since she was only 16 and need to be 18. Now all of her work documents for the country that she is in now have this new birth year on it.

So my question is... what should we do?

We wish to fill out the 129F papers but all her documents in the country she lives in have the new "older" age on them; she even has a birth certificate with the new age. Yet if we put her real "younger" age it won't match with her papers there. And there is also the possbility that just by looking at the ages of her parents it'll be pretty obvious that she's not as old as her papers say she is.; or there may be older papers in her home country that show her original birth year (though it's doubtful as her home country does not keep many records at all...).

So, again I ask what should we do? Just make sure that the information on the paperwork matches her work visa documents in the country she is staying in? Or put the real info and hope that working in another country with erroneous work papers won't disqualify us outright?

Help please!

The situation above happened years ago and we don't know how to approach immigration with it...

Correct the paperwork to the correct information, and submit that.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiance is currently working in another country abroad; she's been there for 7 years now. The situation we're facing is that when she found work in that country through a job agency, they altered her age on her paperwork in order to place her. In other words, they filed her paperwork as being older than she actually is; since she was only 16 and need to be 18. Now all of her work documents for the country that she is in now have this new birth year on it.

So my question is... what should we do?

We wish to fill out the 129F papers but all her documents in the country she lives in have the new "older" age on them; she even has a birth certificate with the new age. Yet if we put her real "younger" age it won't match with her papers there. And there is also the possbility that just by looking at the ages of her parents it'll be pretty obvious that she's not as old as her papers say she is.; or there may be older papers in her home country that show her original birth year (though it's doubtful as her home country does not keep many records at all...).

So, again I ask what should we do? Just make sure that the information on the paperwork matches her work visa documents in the country she is staying in? Or put the real info and hope that working in another country with erroneous work papers won't disqualify us outright?

Help please!

The situation above happened years ago and we don't know how to approach immigration with it...

My wife had to correct her BC .... Not for age but other reasons

The US really does not care about other countries visa documents.... They care about the USA visa documents. As long as you do not misrepresent to them you should be OK

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This situation sounds like an immigration attorney consultation would be wise.

My gut feeling is to go with the true correct age and explain if needed. It's a lot easier to defend the truth.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My gut feeling is to go with the true correct age and explain if needed. It's a lot easier to defend the truth.

ain't that the truth

YMMV

I wish it was as easy as correcting the paperwork... But we do not know if that would get her in trouble (ie arrested) if the country she lives in finds errors on her documents; that she was too young to come work there orginally.

Yes, putting all the correct information on the 129F form is probably the best way to go. But how will they react when they see she has no document to support her age? That all her id (even her birth certificate) have a different age on them? Will this get us denied?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I wish it was as easy as correcting the paperwork... But we do not know if that would get her in trouble (ie arrested) if the country she lives in finds errors on her documents; that she was too young to come work there orginally.

Yes, putting all the correct information on the 129F form is probably the best way to go. But how will they react when they see she has no document to support her age? That all her id (even her birth certificate) have a different age on them? Will this get us denied?

In what country was she born? She got her birth certificate changed once already. Changing it back to the truth should also be possible. If this means she leaves her current country of residence, so be it but I don't know why it would. She has the papers she has. Getting them replaced back in her home country is not going to change that.

My wife's daughter had a similar issue in China. When she was young, they got her documentation making her three months older so she could start school early. Then they neglected to change it back. I didn't even know this until after she was already here, so her passport and all other documents are wrong. I'm not suggesting you use documents with false information but you need to examine your options for setting things straight.

Start by filling in your profile with your fiancee's country of origin.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Correct all her documents and start from the beginning like gather the BC old ID's everything thats in her real name :thumbs: apply a passport in her real name then figure out the nxt move...atleast by that time she have passport.....im pretty sure she's not the only one have that kind of situation...dnt lose hope she'll be fine :thumbs:

She living in Lebanon now and working there. She's from Eritrea though... Fixing her home documents is something we can definitely try to do.

Fixing her local documents in Lebanon is probably not an option as she is working there based on what her paperwork with the "older" age information on it states. Discovery of errors on these documents may cause problems for her with the local government (don't want her to go to jail or anything...).

I'm the paranoid one here I guess... I only want to write the correct information on the paperwork I file, regardless of what her ID/papers say. So, now we're trying to figure out what we need to do because of her situation to make sure she has sufficient paperwork to get approved...while not getting in trouble locally, losing her job, and potentially facing jail time (maybe that's extreme, but I don't know what would happen if errors on her paperwork were discovered in Lebanon).

Will fixing her home (Eritrean) paperwork be enough though? If she can supply valid Eritrean information/birth certificate and is ready to explain her work situation in Lebanon to the US officials at the US embassy will that be enough to get us through the process? Or will having Lebanon papers with different age information on them still be a problem that could get her denied?

Edited by DMYERS

Timeline
She living in Lebanon now and working there. She's from Eritrea though... Fixing her home documents is something we can definitely try to do.

Fixing her local documents in Lebanon is probably not an option as she is working there based on what her paperwork with the "older" age information on it states. Discovery of errors on these documents may cause problems for her with the local government (don't want her to go to jail or anything...).

I'm the paranoid one here I guess... I only want to write the correct information on the paperwork I file, regardless of what her ID/papers say. So, now we're trying to figure out what we need to do because of her situation to make sure she has sufficient paperwork to get approved...while not getting in trouble locally, losing her job, and potentially facing jail time (maybe that's extreme, but I don't know what would happen if errors on her paperwork were discovered in Lebanon).

Will fixing her home (Eritrean) paperwork be enough though? If she can supply valid Eritrean information/birth certificate and is ready to explain her work situation in Lebanon to the US officials at the US embassy will that be enough to get us through the process? Or will having Lebanon papers with different age information on them still be a problem that could get her denied?

Neither USCIS or the Consulate is going to ask to see her work papers. She'll need a correct passport and correct birth certificate.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Thank you. I guess that's what we'll do then; get her home country to issue her a corrected birth certificate and passport. I hope that can be done quickly without complications... Wish us luck :)

If you wish, you may indicate she'll apply for the Visa in Eritrea. That would simplify matters. She'd need to return to Eritea long enough to get the medical and do the interview. She will need a police certificate from Lebanon though and she'll want to obtain that before she leaves.

See here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3604.html

To obtain the "Judiciary Police Record", the individual who is physically present in Lebanon, must personally apply, accompanied by his/her Lebanese identity card to the Police Record Department, Internal Security Forces, Ministry of Interior. The document will be issued within 48 hours.

For those residing outside Lebanon, the request must be processed through Lebanese embassies/consulates, but applicants may experience extremely long waiting periods before they receive the document, or may not receive them at all. The "Judiciary Police Record" may also be requested through a lawyer having a power of attorney from the individual authorizing the request. The "Judiciary Police Record" presented by an individual does not mean that the individual is clear. It just states that "this person does not have any court sentence against him".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

If I were to have her apply through Eritrea does that mean on the 129F I would have to provide an Eritrean address and Eritrean phone number for her?

She's currently working full-time in Lebanon; moving would require her to quit and move back to Eritrea. At what time in the process would she need to do this? After NOA1, NOA2, or later?

Edited by DMYERS

Timeline
If I were to have her apply through Eritrea does that mean on the 129F I would have to provide an Eritrean address and Eritrean phone number for her?

She's currently working full-time in Lebanon; moving would require her to quit and move back to Eritrea. At what time in the process would she need to do this? After NOA1, NOA2, or later?

I'm not certain you would need an address in Eritrea to file the petition but the Consulate would probably need one to send the packet 3. If she has family or friends there, she could use their address and home phone number. Phone numbers are not absolutely required. Check with their website for that and if not answered, there will be a way to email them. She would need to return to Eritrea no later than shortly after NOA2.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.