Hannah+Vito

transfering money to America and temp health insurance.

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i transferred money from my bank account to my mans account before i left by going into a branch and requesting a transfer. it cost 20 quid and took a few days but seemed to be the easiest way for a largish sum of money. if you feel safe carrying 1k in your pocket you could always get it changed into dollars and carry it with you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

my fiance has a atm card for one of my bank accounts and every month or every so often i let him know and he takes out money from the account and puts it into our CD

when it comes to me having to leave i think i will just go into the bank and send a foreign transfer draft

http://www.squaremouth.com/visitors-insurance/quote.pl

ok i just tried this site for a quote (its like confussed.com an engine that drags quotes from different agencies.) but I am not sure i added my info right. :unsure: theres was one question that asked for country of residence, and usa was an option. but this is before the wedding and i will be on k1 so whats my answer? :unsure:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

For moving small-ish amounts of money, I have just put it in my UK bank account and taken it out with an ATM card, or used my Paypal account to send it to J's Paypal and then into US bank. My bank was Natwest and they didn't charge me anything to get it out in the US, so I just paid the $2 in US ATM fees and got a pretty good exchange rate. I have just found Revolution Money Exchange which claims no fees to send and receive money, so that could be worth looking into.

Removing conditions:

10/9/10 - Package sent to Vermont

10/13/10 - NOA1 date, received 10/18

I am not taking what I planned to take with me originally coz of the exchange rate, so I am going to leave it here and draw it out of the ATM

If you are going to do this then let your bank know, I forgot last time to tell them that I was travelling to the states so I could not draw money out and had to call the UK nat west fraud team.

I did find a company that was reccomended on a thread ages ago for temp health cover, I will go have a look for the information as I put it somewhere safe and that is a dangerous thing to do

Please post any links to health insurance companies here! We've been looking, but are a bit overwhelmed. We're getting married immediately after his arrival, but we're not sure when he's technically considered a resident. After AOS is approved, or immediately after marriage since his K1 is null then?

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Please post any links to health insurance companies here! We've been looking, but are a bit overwhelmed. We're getting married immediately after his arrival, but we're not sure when he's technically considered a resident. After AOS is approved, or immediately after marriage since his K1 is null then?

the best i found so far is the post office which will cover you for 17 days until you can sort something else out... not great, but i'm not getting anywhere! left it a bit last minute...

This is the only company I had found that referred specifically to K1 visas by name though there were some other that mentioned new immigrants

http://www.nriol.com/insurance/fiance-k1-v...l-insurance.asp

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Carried in your pocket would be the cheapest way

what in english and exchange over there?

:unsure:

sure or change to dollars before you come... or if you have a bank account with Visa ATM just come over here and take it from the ATM machine

:thumbs:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

He won't be a permanent resident until AOS has been approved. My husband used - http://www.imglobal.com/ - I can't remember for sure, but I don't think he had to be a resident to get it.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.