thetreble

What could be better than 14 babies?

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with you minus the "kidding" part. I do believe it is one of the many downfalls of society.

But when I pass an accident on the street, I do slow down to take a look... I can't help it!

It wouldn't be quite like John & Kate or the duggars, it would be like a mix of Intervention and those two shows combined. Ratings. Sad but true.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
People who can't have babies naturally, need to accept the fact that they can't have babies. I don't care what the excuse is... It's obviously not meant to be.

I find it ironic that the people who can't have kids go in for some treatment and come out of it with 2-8 kids.

Yay for defying nature./sarcasm

What bothers me more is when they call it a "miracle" when it is nothing close to miraculous.

I think she's a wackjob, no doubt. But I think that if you can't conceive naturally, it's OK to try other options like IVF. But obviously not implant 8 embryos at a time and if you are mentally/financially/emotionally able to care for the child. Not everyone can have children naturally and get a little bit of "help". This is just an extreme case.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ethical or MAD IS ####?

Now we all can probably agree this lady is a knobhead, a git, a prat, an idiot..however you want to say it. (That one righ' there was for Krikit.)

How do you feel?

What could be better then 14 kids????? A shotgun blast to my head! No freakin' way in hell!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I look at it more like this woman needs to be evaluated. She has far too many children, not enough resources to support them, and undoubtedly has some mental health issues. I think giving her a t.v. show, would almost certainly validate in her own mind that she is right, and that she was right to have this many kids, despite her circumstances. I feel sorry for the children and I feel sorry for her parents.

I think reality t.v. in general is an awful trend. But, people's voyeur tendencies, combined with very low production costs lead to very high profits. I miss sit-coms and the one hour drama's at 10 p.m. Sorry, Jay Leno wasn't funny at 11:30 when I could ignore him, it's gonna be even worse when he's on at 10 p.m.. If you look at NBC's lineup, it's almost all reality shows or talk shows. They have virtually no sit coms or dramas anymore. It's party a sign of the economic woes, but at the same time, its a symptom of culture.

Timeline

I should have worded that differently. I do think people need to seek other options when wanting to have children, such as adoption, I understand that sometimes people aren't able to reproduce and their desire is great. What I don't agree with is the people who end up having truckloads of babies because of it. Sure one, okay two... but passing three gets ridiculous.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I should have worded that differently. I do think people need to seek other options when wanting to have children, such as adoption, I understand that sometimes people aren't able to reproduce and their desire is great. What I don't agree with is the people who end up having truckloads of babies because of it. Sure one, okay two... but passing three gets ridiculous.

Agreed! It can get really out of hand, and shame on those doctors for letting that happen. A single mother supporting 14 children is insane.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Not to mention dangerous. The frequency of a natural multiple birth is very low. With fertility treatments, it greatly increases the chances of multiple births. Once you get above a certain number, the chances of complications with the mother and children rises dramatically.

Timeline
People who can't have babies naturally, need to accept the fact that they can't have babies. I don't care what the excuse is... It's obviously not meant to be.

I find it ironic that the people who can't have kids go in for some treatment and come out of it with 2-8 kids.

Yay for defying nature./sarcasm

What bothers me more is when they call it a "miracle" when it is nothing close to miraculous.

Hmmm - we should be careful how that part is phrased, obviously there are many situations where in vitro is a wonderful opportunity for folks who would otherwise not be able to conceive naturally. I know you probably didn't mean it in a mean-spirited way though.

I think ethically, something has gone way off the deep end in this situation, but unfortunately, her emryos are her embryos....ahh the world of medical ethics

PS - opps, saw your post 2 above already noting this

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I want to know who's going to pay for all the medical costs, such as the mother being in the hospital for 2 months before the birth, the delivery room staff (wasn't it like 40?), the intensive care nursery costs, etc.?

If this was just a single birth to an ordinary woman, she would leave that hospital in so much debt, she'd have to declare bankruptcy!!!!

This whole situation sickens me. How she was able to get doctors to agree to the invitro when she already had 6 kids is an absolute crime.

Then, she was given the option to do "selective elimination" to limit the number of babies she had, but she declined. Well, sorry lady.... when you aren't going to pay for their upkeep, the decision shouldn't be yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread certainly pushed my buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I read an article yesterday that the woman is surprised she hasn't had offers yet of a free home, cars, clothes etc etc etc because a bunch of other mulitples families have been given such things.

Most people it seems think this woman is a nutbar and she shouldn't have been allowed to reproduce.

What is not often reported is that her other 6 children were also born by artificial means, she has never had a man in her life, all of them are from donor sperm. And not a single fertility clinic has claimed responsibility for her brood. The hospital and doctors who delivered her had nothing to do with her IVF. And they all think that hte doctor who implanted that many embryos is just as much a nutbar as the mother. :P

As an infertile woman myself who has no option for conceiving my own babies except for IVF (and now I'm too old), I gotta say, women like her and the ones over 60 who decide to have more babies give us all a bad name. And the doctors who implant women with so many embryos, when they've already got a baseball team at home, or they're already a grandmother, they need to be shut down. And pronto. :P

This whole story just makes me sick on so many levels.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

Agreed, Reba. My mum was saying to me last night that she was shocked she had not been given free anything yet OR a tv deal.

I said to my mum that I will PRAY for this women to get what she deserves. Supposedly she has a Masters degree and is incredibly capable of doing good things in this world.

I hope that once people hear this story and give her nothing, that she has such a hard time raising those children someone takes them away and they get placed with people that really want/need a child in their life.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

creepy.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.