b0b

Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me and my fiance messed up.We thought I was the only one to sign and date the meeting in person question 18.Now we relize we both should have signed it.Will it be better to go ahead and send in the package and if we get a rfe for it then send it in.Or Should we wait till she can send one with her signture on it from philippines before we send in the package?

To answer number 18 of I-129F form? As far as I know, only the US Citizen is being asked about that.

The only documents that my fiancee signed is the G-325a and the letter of intent.

K-1
Mar 19, 2009 I-129F Package sent
Mar 30, 2009 NOA1
Jul 27, 2009 RFE Notice Email / Jul 31, 2009 RFE Letter Received / Aug 01, 2009 RFE Reply sent
Aug 06, 2009 NOA2
Aug 17, 2009 NVC received case / Aug 18, 2009 NVC forwarded to USEM / Aug 24, 2009 Package received in USEM
Sep 01, 2009 Medical Passed
Sep 25, 2009 Interview
Oct 10, 2009 Visa Received
Oct 14, 2009 Arrived at U.S.
Oct 26, 2009 Married in San Francisco

AOS
Nov 12, 2009 I-485 Package sent
Nov 19, 2009 NOA1
Dec 08, 2009 RFE Received / Dec 23, 2009 RFE Reply sent

Dec 17, 2009 Biometrics Appt
Jan 20, 2010 AP and EAD approved / Jan 26, 2010 AP received
Jan 27, 2010 Interview letter received
Feb 25, 2010 AOS Interview
Mar 04, 2010 Green Card Received

Removal of Conditions
Dec 21, 2011 I-751 Package sent

Dec 23, 2011 NOA1

Feb 13, 2012 Biometrics Appt

Jun 19, 2012 10-year GC Received

US Citizenship
Jan 16, 2013 N-400 Package sent

Jan 22, 2013 NOA1

Feb 15, 2013 Biometrics Appt

Apr 02, 2013 Citizenship Interview

Apr 23, 2013 Oath Ceremony

To answer number 18 of I-129F form? As far as I know, only the US Citizen is being asked about that.

The only documents that my fiancee signed is the G-325a and the letter of intent.

That's it. The beneficiary doesn't sign ANYTHING on the I-129F. Just the G325As and letter of intent to marry.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We was thinking we both needed to sign the attachment sheet Ok Thanks for the replys Looks good then Thanks!!!

Edited by bissell_07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Me and my fiance messed up.We thought I was the only one to sign and date the meeting in person question 18.Now we relize we both should have signed it.Will it be better to go ahead and send in the package and if we get a rfe for it then send it in.Or Should we wait till she can send one with her signture on it from philippines before we send in the package?

No, you got it right the first time. NOW you messed up. The USC is the only one that needs to sign this, in fact it does not even need to be signed (where does all this come from? It is the second post like this I read today)

There is NO "declaration of having met" it is an answer to a question on the form, usually a separate sheet is attached because you cannot write small enough to get it in the space provided. The PETITON is signed by the USC, this is just an addendum, an attachment for more writing room, that is ALL. I just looked at my I-129f package, I never signed the answer to question 18, I was approved without RFEs in 58 days.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I am curious, really. I do not mean to be rude or anything, but I would like to know where you got this erroneous information? Certainly not on this website. I hear so many different BS stories which are told to people in this process and I am always curious to find out exactly how this happens, and you are the second one today to ask this same question. Please help me.

Gary And Alla

I am curious, really. I do not mean to be rude or anything, but I would like to know where you got this erroneous information? Certainly not on this website. I hear so many different BS stories which are told to people in this process and I am always curious to find out exactly how this happens, and you are the second one today to ask this same question. Please help me.

I wrote in another thread:

I was reading K-1 Fiance Visa: Tips on Forms and Documents

"The following items may make your life easier and help you get a little sleep at night :-) :

Make sure that your "original statement of having met in person" (you and your fiance should write one) is signed by hand in ink by each person and not just typed. You should ask your fiance to write this when you are first starting work on the I-129F since it will likely take them a few days to do this and and even longer for them to mail to you (international mail can be slow if sent at the standard speed). "

10z8daa.jpg1267okh.jpg14o8ygx.jpg

NOA date for I-485, AP and EAD 12/21/2009

RFE date 01/06/2010 ...RFE response recieved 01/27/2010

Biometrics date 01/19/2010

Transfer Date (CSC) 02/04/2010

AP/EAD Approved Date 02/05/2010

AP Received Date 02/11/2010

EAD Received Date 02/16/2010

I-485 - Last touch 02/24/2010

Service Request -06/21/2010

06/24/2010 - touch

07/10/10..07/28/10..07/29/10...touch

07/29/2010 - GC approved

That's it. The beneficiary doesn't sign ANYTHING on the I-129F. Just the G325As and letter of intent to marry.

:thumbs:

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

Timeline

I wrote in another thread:

I was reading K-1 Fiance Visa: Tips on Forms and Documents

"The following items may make your life easier and help you get a little sleep at night :-) :

Make sure that your "original statement of having met in person" (you and your fiance should write one) is signed by hand in ink by each person and not just typed. You should ask your fiance to write this when you are first starting work on the I-129F since it will likely take them a few days to do this and and even longer for them to mail to you (international mail can be slow if sent at the standard speed). "

Wow, can one of the moderators see that this gets changed? It is not correct. You are answering question 18 on the petition, correct? Make sure your addendum has your name as petitioner, your fiancee's name as beneficiary and that the heading clearly states it is an answer to question 18, Sign it, don't sign it, both sign it, doesn't matter. Attach your supporting documents and you are done. Make sure you (the USC) signs the petition you attach it to.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Wow, can one of the moderators see that this gets changed? It is not correct. You are answering question 18 on the petition, correct? Make sure your addendum has your name as petitioner, your fiancee's name as beneficiary and that the heading clearly states it is an answer to question 18, Sign it, don't sign it, both sign it, doesn't matter. Attach your supporting documents and you are done. Make sure you (the USC) signs the petition you attach it to.

There is other information in those guidelines that may potentially induce worries about having made a mistake, such as that you should 'make sure to sign and date your cover letter.' As far as I know, the cover letter is not a requirement, nor is its being signed. It's merely a nice thing to do, but who knows if it really matters? We included a table of contents, but not a cover letter, and our TOC is not signed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I have asked that this information be updated.

Signing a document simply insures it's authenticity in case of any questions. Because it is an attachment to a signed form, it's good practice to also sign the attachment. It leaves nothing to question. So does adding the suggested documents, such as cover letter and letter of intent(s) to the petition.

Information changes all the time. I'm sure the Captain does the best he can to keep up. ;)

Feel free to notify him with any changes you see that may be needed.

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Signing a document simply insures it's authenticity in case of any questions. Because it is an attachment to a signed form, it's good practice to also sign the attachment. It leaves nothing to question. So does adding the suggested documents, such as cover letter and letter of intent(s) to the petition.

We did sign attachments to forms, i.e. extension sheets when we needed more space, which is not only good practice, but required (so are the signed letters of intent, as far as I understood). A table of contents, in my view, is simply an overview for the adjudicator to help find his/her way through the documents, not any kind of legal statement, and I don't see any particular need for it to be signed. On the other hand, if we had included a cover letter, I agree it should be signed, like any other other letter is. -- Anyhow, my point was simply that it would be helpful if the guidelines made it very clear what is required by USCIS, and what is simply a recommendation by the moderators/users of this site.

Edited by Philosykos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am clarifying some of these items in the Guides and Tips. Regarding the original item noted, the Tips page was certainly confusing. The "signed letter" was not supposed to refer to "question 18: having met in the last two years" (this was a mistake), it was referring to the "intent to marry letters". The tips page has been updated as follows to make this clear:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1tips

Per the I-129F instructions (Part 5 B ):

"Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent;"

Make sure to provide these letters (example "Letter of Intent to Marry"), having each letter signed by the author in ink (we recommend each person sign their letter in ink to indicate original authorship of the letter) . The foreign fiance(e) should begin to write this when the US Citizen petitioner is first starting work on the I-129F since it will likely take them a few days to do this and even longer to mail the completed and signed letter to the US petitioner (international mail can be slow if sent at the standard speed).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.