• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@caro: u look great.

@vi: i'm so jealous. if it was cheap to go to brazil i'd go twice a year. last october charles and i spent 5k only in plane tickets.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Caro@ Me ganaste!!

Te lei la mente :D

@caro: u look great.

@vi: i'm so jealous. if it was cheap to go to brazil i'd go twice a year. last october charles and i spent 5k only in plane tickets.

5k only on the plane tickets Nessa? that's a lot! We spent 2.5k when we went to Argentina. Do you have a lot of restrictions on the time of year you can travel? South America goes on sale during specific times of the year with AA and it is much more affordable, you should sign up for deal alerts. Also, get a AA debit card with Citibank, I'm accumulating so many points I already have enough for one ticket, and it doesn't cost me a thing! You can get the credit card too if you want (I don't have it yet, but probable will get it in the future)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I wouldn't mind if Gustavo went to Argentina with Enzo alone. We're actually talking about going next year during the winter so June or Julyish. When we go, I will probably only be able to stay for 2.5 weeks, whereas Gustavo can probably be there for a month, so he'll stay extra time with Enzo.

Timeline

no restrictions. we choose hot weather always, so we can go to the beach. it could be any time between october and march.

last time we didn't go to only 1 city and back. the 5k was to go from here to fortaleza, then fortaleza to curitiba to here. but right now i've looked online, and from here to just 1 place in brazil and back would be 5k. so if we did the same thing, get a plane to somewhere else it would go up probably another 2k.

next time we go i plan on going to visit my family and then take a bus and go to a beach near it, that way is way cheaper.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

ok i tried a random october and christmas this year, christmas is way more expensive, like 1.5k more expensive

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone :D Hope you all had a great weekend. Off to catch up on the posts!

thanks yaad. charles was happy with a boy because he can help him mow the yard lol. do u have a name yet?

lol gotta love a boy for the yardwork lol

We have a name but are keeping it on the down low just in case we change our mind lol I envision seeing the baby and thinking the name we like just doesn't fit and changing it. I hope not but it makes me all nervous to tell people.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
ok i tried a random october and christmas this year, christmas is way more expensive, like 1.5k more expensive

Oh yeah Christmas time is the most expensive time to fly. I think the low season for South America is March-October. My approach to buying airline tickets is keep an eye on the prices (I check them several times a date, because they do fluctuate a lot) until I find the price I'm looking for. That has worked well for me. AA now has a thing called deal finder that makes it easier, you just download it, choose your destination, dates, and how much you want to pay - then it keeps searching for you until the price is what you are looking for, gives you a warning, and you jump on it :) It looks like one of the vista gadgets, just runs in the background.

Regarding traveling: We want to take Sebastian to Argentina as soon as possible but I'm not sure when that will be. We would go together - We're still too much of a newlyweds to be apart :blush:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline

Nessa, you should start putting all your cards into a mileage program, TAM and United operate in codeshare now so either milleage plans works for travels between here and Brasil. Luis and I are going to Brasil in August for free due to that. Of course we're using my dad's milleage, not ours, as we barely use our credit cards.

Also, give Copa Airlines a try, they usually have cheaper fees.

@Caro - you do look adorable!

Edited by *Laura*

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

congats Jenn!

ok i forgot, anyone tell me from what age is a babys neck strong and they can hold up there head?

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

I've heard around the 3rd month, but all babies are different and some can sustain their necks earlier and some later, as with all things baby.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What kind of car seat do you all use?

I've read that for safety reasons, you should go with an infant seat rather than a convertible. I was thinking that this one was kind of the best of both worlds:

103091ZURICH000.jpg

It's the Graco SnugRide 32 - it's an infant seat, but with a weight capacity of 32 lbs. rather than the 22 lbs. of the typical infant seats.

What do you think?

(I'm starting to create my registry so I actually have to think about all this stuff now - wow!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jenn - we were just looking at that carseat over the weekend at BRU. Seems to be a really good carseat from all I have read so far. Graco is a reputable brand so that is always nice. I am interested to see what others think as well.

Everyone - Regarding baby registries...where did you register? I am having the WORST time doing my registries. I just feel weird asking people for things *ugh* My mom called to tell me that they are throwing me a shower on August 1 (wasn't expecting that at all!) so I better get on the registries. I just don't know what all to put on there. Any tips/helpful hints?

Edited by Yaads

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Jenn - we were just looking at that carseat over the weekend at BRU. Seems to be a really good carseat from all I have read so far. Graco is a reputable brand so that is always nice. I am interested to see what others think as well.

Everyone = Regarding baby registries...where did you register? I am having the WORST time doing my registries. I just feel weird asking people for things *ugh* My mom called to tell me that they are throwing me a shower on August 1 (wasn't expecting that at all!) so I better get on the registries. I just don't know what all to put on there. Any tips/helpful hints?

I'm still debating between Target and Babies 'R Us. I'll probably go with Target because it's easier for most people.

I found this list which has been really helpful so far: http://sites.target.com/images/baby/pdfs/b...cklist_2009.pdf

I take all of their "must-haves" with a grain of salt though, because I know they just want to pressure me into buying more stuff!