CandyLovesAhmed

I-134 - how to fill out when your not working (ie get disibility ssi ect)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

i need help with the I-134. we have a cosponser so i'm not worried about showing 125% but i was told i still have to fill this out. i am recieving ssi because i'm not able to work at the moment. i have been taking some classes so i can get a job that i am able to do and that will support me. so question is where and what do i put down as income. im afraid they will think he will become a public charge. also i do have a house but i dont have any equalty built up and since we have a cosponser its not needed so thats the only things that could possibly even be put down :( please help he will have his interview sooon

and i am freaking out here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
i need help with the I-134. we have a cosponser so i'm not worried about showing 125% but i was told i still have to fill this out. i am recieving ssi because i'm not able to work at the moment. i have been taking some classes so i can get a job that i am able to do and that will support me. so question is where and what do i put down as income. im afraid they will think he will become a public charge. also i do have a house but i dont have any equalty built up and since we have a cosponser its not needed so thats the only things that could possibly even be put down :( please help he will have his interview sooon

I guess I can't be very helpful because we had to fill out the other affadavit of support I 864. But I called and asked the NVC what I should do about this. I also have SSI and am in school. They told me that I should fill in the questions about my income as 0 because it is not needed and would just make more work for them and possibly cause delays. They went completely on the co-sponsor's information and proof. Best thing to do is call them if you are unsure.

I don't know if you are at the NVC stage or still at USCIS since my case was somewhat different. But NVC was very helpful to me on some questions. And so was USCIS come to think of it. If you don't get a clear answer the first time keep trying. It is very unlikely to get the same operator if you call back soon, and you could possibly get a more helpful and friendly person than the first time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

First, stop freaking out! That won't get you anywhere and you say you have a co-sponsor, so relax.

Your SSI is your source of income. Yes, you will also need to submit an I-134 and state that SSI is your income and show a tax return and any other income documentation you have. There is NO REQUIREMENT that you or anyone else "have a job", you need to have INCOME (or a co-sponsor) to qualify.

If you (and our co-sponsor) have income exceeding the 125% it is NOT POSSIBLE for him to become a public charge and THAT is the point. Verifying your income for the K-1 and later the AOS disqualifies you or him from receiving public "means tested" aid. No food stamps for you for the next ten years!!!!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

thanks:) just like wow he's already picking up his papers at the embasy and i'm not even getting the paper to him in the mail. well i've tried to mail it but ugg the mail is really stupid there. anyway thanks so much. really i think i can try and calm down a bit

First, stop freaking out! That won't get you anywhere and you say you have a co-sponsor, so relax.

Your SSI is your source of income. Yes, you will also need to submit an I-134 and state that SSI is your income and show a tax return and any other income documentation you have. There is NO REQUIREMENT that you or anyone else "have a job", you need to have INCOME (or a co-sponsor) to qualify.

If you (and our co-sponsor) have income exceeding the 125% it is NOT POSSIBLE for him to become a public charge and THAT is the point. Verifying your income for the K-1 and later the AOS disqualifies you or him from receiving public "means tested" aid. No food stamps for you for the next ten years!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
thanks:) just like wow he's already picking up his papers at the embasy and i'm not even getting the paper to him in the mail. well i've tried to mail it but ugg the mail is really stupid there. anyway thanks so much. really i think i can try and calm down a bit

SSI is considered need based income and they don't count that as income on either the I-134 or the I-1864. There is a section, at least on the I-1864 in the instructions that talks about that. I think if it is not used for the I-1864 the same would apply for the I--134. I also get SSI that is not reported on a tax return. You can get a print out from social security saying how much you get each year, but disability based SSI is not reported to the IRS. If you work at all then report that, if not then you can't include it. They will go based off of your co-sponsor's information

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

thanks for the info. i think i'll just put n/a since i know oour co sponser makes more then enough:) really i love this site cause it has helped so much. i've recomended it to a few people also getting ready to file. thanks so much for the help and if i can ever been any help please send a private message or my email is CandyAwad@msn.com

SSI is considered need based income and they don't count that as income on either the I-134 or the I-1864. There is a section, at least on the I-1864 in the instructions that talks about that. I think if it is not used for the I-1864 the same would apply for the I--134. I also get SSI that is not reported on a tax return. You can get a print out from social security saying how much you get each year, but disability based SSI is not reported to the IRS. If you work at all then report that, if not then you can't include it. They will go based off of your co-sponsor's information

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.