dying2moveback

I-864 Reestablish of Domicile - how?

6 posts in this topic

I'm a USC planning to sponsor my husband (by way of DCF) after living abroad and being married for more than 10 years, and I stumpled upon several "items" on the I-864 form which are not clear and hope you can help :)

1) It is noted in section 4, part C

" You intend in good faith to reestablish your domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intendingimmigrant's admission or adjustment of status.You must submit proof that you have taken concrete steps toestablish you will be domiciled in the United States at a timeno later than the date of the intending immigrant's admissionor adjustment of status. Concrete steps might includeaccepting a job in the United States, signing a lease or purchasing a residence in the United States, or registering children in U.S. schools. Please attach proof of the steps you have taken to establish domicile as described above."

My parents address in the states as been my address in the states, which is shown on:

my US Credit card (bills), my US bank account, valid US driver's license, I'm also registered to vote and has voted in the last 2 presidential elections, etc.

I'm planning to sponsor my husband using our assets (savings).

How can I show that I'm planning to reestablish domicile in the US? especially without being seperated from my husband and family?

I can't register my kids in school without having a lease and utility bills and/or pay stubs (I checked)

I can't lease a place without having a job first. In addition, it's hard to lease a place 6 months from now.

And it seems with this economy right now, finding a job will take time (plus, my "future" employer is not going to wait a couple of months until my husband receives his visa... and a seperation of a couple of months is, well, the last thing I want to do.)

If anyone has experience addressing this catch 22, especially positive experience, I would highly appreciate you sharing it!

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You have no problems, just provide a copy of bills, and bank account showing that your domicile is your parent's home, valid driver's license.

Note savings MUST be equal to 3 times income level at 125% poverty line if you plan on using assets alone.

17,500x3= $52,500

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

If savings is in a foreign bank, you need to show how the savings will be transferred to the US.

More info: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I'm a USC planning to sponsor my husband (by way of DCF) after living abroad and being married for more than 10 years, and I stumpled upon several "items" on the I-864 form which are not clear and hope you can help :)

" You intend in good faith to reestablish your domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intendingimmigrant's admission or adjustment of status.You must submit proof that you have taken concrete steps toestablish you will be domiciled in the United States at a timeno later than the date of the intending immigrant's admissionor adjustment of status. Concrete steps might includeaccepting a job in the United States, signing a lease or purchasing a residence in the United States, or registering children in U.S. schools. Please attach proof of the steps you have taken to establish domicile as described above."

My parents address in the states as been my address in the states, which is shown on:

my US Credit card (bills), my US bank account, valid US driver's license, I'm also registered to vote and has voted in the last 2 presidential elections, etc.

How can I show that I'm planning to reestablish domicile in the US? especially without being seperated from my husband and family?

I can't register my kids in school without having a lease and utility bills and/or pay stubs (I checked)

I can't lease a place without having a job first. In addition, it's hard to lease a place 6 months from now.

And it seems with this economy right now, finding a job will take time (plus, my "future" employer is not going to wait a couple of months until my husband receives his visa... and a seperation of a couple of months is, well, the last thing I want to do.)

If anyone has experience addressing this catch 22, especially positive experience, I would highly appreciate you sharing it!

Thanks!

Looks like you are covered in proving domicile.

Meeting the financial requirements may be your problem. If you have zero income your amount of assets will be quite high. Depends on how many people you have to support. Most people doing DCF use a co sponsor.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my wife had similar problem. The offier told us to go home coz he doesnt see any evidence that she intend to establish a domicile there. Upon asking, he said that at least I should see some evidence showing that u are actively seeking a job there. he asked us to send this evidence by post. and we did so

What we did was that we simply got a letter from my wife uncle stating that as soon as she arrives in America, she will have a job in his shop. The second thing was letter from a bank confirming that she has an account with them. That's all in our case. and we got approved.

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for replying!!! :thumbs:

I think I'll show that I'm looking for a job in the states and get some moving quotes. Hope it's going to be sufficient.

Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.