Dan J

Circuit City to shut down

61 posts in this topic

I went to Circuit City as well today.

Store closing banner, and another sign of 30% off lowest marked price. But i didnt see any outstanding buys tbh.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I was in Circuit City today and wasn't too impressed with 10% off the big ticket items...

CD's and DVD's and gaming stuff were the items I saw going... 20% of items in the 10-50 dollar range

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Filed: Other Timeline
Well, we went to our Circuit City also.

Parking lot was packed and there was a big "Closing Business Sale" banner strung across the building.

But a lot of people were coming out empty handed.

10% off. Not exactly a fire sale in my opinion. And it looked like 10% off MSRP. We are interested in a 32 inch HDTV and I saw NO bargains. People were shopping the larger televisions but there were still loads plenty of them on the shelves.

Nearly all the desktop PC's were gone though. Still a handful of laptops left.

I guess we shall see what the Sunday ads bring. There was a Sony television I would consider, but I want to do better than 10% off. 25% and I would consider it. 50% off is where the prices should be IMO.

Just an FYI -

I don't know how comparable the quality, but I just was in Target and they have a Magnavox 32" for just under $500 and a Philips for about $50 more. We've had our 32" Philips now for over a year and love it.

We're kind of liking the picture quality we see on the LG brand.

Let me say that we absolutely don't 'need' a new television. Our tube TV is running just fine and it's not that old. It's just not Hi-Def and watching movies on it is - blah. But it's operating perfectly and it's paid for.

So we're going to have to find a bargain before we budge.

There was a Sony television I would consider, but I want to do better than 10% off. 25% and I would consider it. 50% off is where the prices should be IMO.

I agree, at least 25% off a current model Sony or Samsung, and 50% off would be a great deal. 10% off is no bargain, especially in today's economy.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I should've bought that RESIDENT EVIL PACK that includes Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Resident Outbreak for the PS2. I would love to play those games. It costs 20 bucks.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
I should've bought that RESIDENT EVIL PACK that includes Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Resident Outbreak for the PS2. I would love to play those games. It costs 20 bucks.

I just hate that remorseful feeling I get when I pass up a great bargain..... :yes:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well, we went to our Circuit City also.

Parking lot was packed and there was a big "Closing Business Sale" banner strung across the building.

But a lot of people were coming out empty handed.

10% off. Not exactly a fire sale in my opinion. And it looked like 10% off MSRP. We are interested in a 32 inch HDTV and I saw NO bargains. People were shopping the larger televisions but there were still loads plenty of them on the shelves.

Nearly all the desktop PC's were gone though. Still a handful of laptops left.

I guess we shall see what the Sunday ads bring. There was a Sony television I would consider, but I want to do better than 10% off. 25% and I would consider it. 50% off is where the prices should be IMO.

Just an FYI -

I don't know how comparable the quality, but I just was in Target and they have a Magnavox 32" for just under $500 and a Philips for about $50 more. We've had our 32" Philips now for over a year and love it.

We're kind of liking the picture quality we see on the LG brand.

Let me say that we absolutely don't 'need' a new television. Our tube TV is running just fine and it's not that old. It's just not Hi-Def and watching movies on it is - blah. But it's operating perfectly and it's paid for.

So we're going to have to find a bargain before we budge.

:) I'm sure you'll find a great bargain with patience. We have ours in our bedroom which goes against all conventional wisdom, but it's been our refuge. We have our 8 yr. old Panasonic tube TV in the living room and we don't plan on replacing it anytime soon unless we a deal that is too good to pass up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Check out the Circuit City website. They are closing for good. No online sales either. They are history, down for the count and not getting up! I feel bad for the shafted employees. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Certainly another chain will pop up, if not financed by China itself. We have to have someplace to purchase this Chinese made junk.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I have serious doubts that they'll liquidate at prices at 75% off. The vendor will accept any HDTV back, and sell it to another retailer. They'll mark down stuff that will not get a full return from the VENDOR such as dated materials, etc...However, TVs tend to have a shelf life for so long.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I have serious doubts that they'll liquidate at prices at 75% off. The vendor will accept any HDTV back, and sell it to another retailer. They'll mark down stuff that will not get a full return from the VENDOR such as dated materials, etc...However, TVs tend to have a shelf life for so long.

Ha, if the UHF digital system crashes and it may well, you will find plenty of good deals on HDTV. Use to take at least 20 years to develop a new format with very careful testing, today, it's rush to market and run by politicians, not engineers.

I went to my local CC a few days ago and was not impressed at all by the prices. Many items were much cheaper when they went on sale regularly. I bought a router a few months ago on sale for 99.99 from 129.99. Now it is 10% of the 129.99 price, now you save $13, before it was $30. A Canon printer has a regular price of 149.99, now it is 134.99, but at Christmas time it was on sale for $99.99. DVD's and cd's are 20% off reg price. Again, they could be had at a similar price when on sale. The 10% off big ticket items is a joke. And some computer items are cheaper at Best Buy and WalMart. Ignorance is bliss.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015