yukfou

Traveling to Mexico with I131 Form?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everybody! Have a quick question. I need to go to Mexico next week. I have my I495 interview appointment next month (finally!)... However, I do have my I-131 travel document and work permit. Do i need a visa to go to Mexico? it is just for a day or two.

Thanks for your help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Everybody! Have a quick question. I need to go to Mexico next week. I have my I495 interview appointment next month (finally!)... However, I do have my I-131 travel document and work permit. Do i need a visa to go to Mexico? it is just for a day or two.

Thanks for your help!

If you are not yet a green card holder, then the visa requirements are still based on your country of citizenship.

/ 16JAN09 / 1901 UTC

National Pakistan (PK) /Destination Mexico (MX)

Mexico (MX)

Passport required.

- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid on arrival.

Visa required.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
If your citizenship is Pakistani, yes you do.

You don't have your greencard yet right?

Yes I am not a U.S citizen yet, neither I have U.S resident card. I just asked around some people. They told me I still don't need visa for Mexico. I emailed and called the mexican embassy but no response. I guess I'll find out at the border :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes I am not a U.S citizen yet, neither I have U.S resident card. I just asked around some people. They told me I still don't need visa for Mexico. I emailed and called the mexican embassy but no response. I guess I'll find out at the border :)

ok im confused if ur in the usa on visa for marraige or k1, if u dont have ur gc u will be denied entry when u try to come back into the usa, if ur still in pakistan and trying to go to mexico u still need a valid visa for mexico because u cant leave pakistan with out a visa.........

sara

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

YOU NEED A US RESIDENT (GREEN) CARD or a visa

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

YOU NEED A US RESIDENT (GREEN) CARD or a visa

I agree. Based on your nationality, it seems you are required to obtain visa until you will obtain GC to enter into Mexico. http://mexico.visahq.com/requirements/Paki...-United_States/

I-131 is nothing to do with going out to somewhere, but good for coming back to the US.

AOS from H1B

[AOS Timeline of Dec.'08 Filers], [JV Thread for Dec.'08 AOS Filers]

12-17-08: I-130/I-485/I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12-18-08: I-130/I-485/I-765 delivered

12-29-08: Received 3 NOAs (dated 12-24-2008)

12-29-08: Checks cashed

1-5-09: Received Biometric appt. notice (dated 12-30-2008)

1-20-09: Biometric done

2-17-09: Received interview appt. letter (dated 2-12-2009)

3-5-09: Received EAD (dated 2-28-2009)

4-6-09: AOS Intervew @NYC

4-13-09: Received welcome letter (dated 4-8-09)

4-18-09: Received GC (dated 4-13-08)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.