sevs

Italian Police Records HELP!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I am an American & my Fiance is a Japanese citizen. She lived in Italy for 1 year. We received notice that we need to get police records for that time. (message below) I tried contacting through the email address below several times, but no answer. Basically we just need the cost for the paperwork. General information so we can move ahead. This has been holding us up quite a bit. Anyone with information, it would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS

Police Records

Available. The Certificado Generale del Casellario Giudiziale is a certified record of final court convictions and decisions regarding mental incompetency and bankruptcy or a statement that no such record exists (Nulla).

Persons within Italy can obtain the certificate by applying in person or by mail at any office of the Procura della Repubblica. Such offices are located in all major cities and in many small cities and large towns. Those who apply in person must submit a written request, a photocopy of a photo i.d., and all fees; the certificate is usually provided the day of the request.

Persons outside of Italy can obtain the certificate by writing to:

Ufficio del Casellario Giudiziale della Procura della Repubblica,

Piazzale Clodio,

00100 Rome, Italy

Those requesting the certificate by mail, whether from within or outside Italy, must submit a written request, a photocopy of a photo i.d., and all fees, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Mail requests are normally processed within three working days. Information concerning fees and application procedures is available from any office of the Procura della Repubblica, or at procura.roma@giustizia.it.

Information concerning fees and application procedures is available from any office of the Procura della Repubblica, or at procura.roma@giustizia.it.

Just send email there to ask what fee's you need...

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I remember sending the request to that address in Piazzale Clodio the first time, and I never heard anything.

We ended up using this form: http://www.comune.roma.it/repository/Conte...giudiziario.pdf

(for the comune of Roma, even though my husband lived in Genova, which I'm not sure was correct, but he was never even asked for the certificate at his interview)

I can't remember how much it cost (20 euros?)

Check out this site: http://www.giustizia.it/uffici/info/sitirequirenti.htm

It has links to all the offices in various regions - some have the request forms on their sites, others you will have to call. I'd go directly to the site of the province where your fiancee lived and look for "certificati" or "Casellario Giudiziale".

The case might be that as a foreigner, you can only go through the Rome office. I am still unclear.

Good luck!

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline
Information concerning fees and application procedures is available from any office of the Procura della Repubblica, or at procura.roma@giustizia.it.

Just send email there to ask what fee's you need...

I have and no response for almost a week.

Timeline
I remember sending the request to that address in Piazzale Clodio the first time, and I never heard anything.

We ended up using this form: http://www.comune.roma.it/repository/Conte...giudiziario.pdf

(for the comune of Roma, even though my husband lived in Genova, which I'm not sure was correct, but he was never even asked for the certificate at his interview)

I can't remember how much it cost (20 euros?)

Check out this site: http://www.giustizia.it/uffici/info/sitirequirenti.htm

It has links to all the offices in various regions - some have the request forms on their sites, others you will have to call. I'd go directly to the site of the province where your fiancee lived and look for "certificati" or "Casellario Giudiziale".

The case might be that as a foreigner, you can only go through the Rome office. I am still unclear.

Good luck!

Thank you very much I will try those links...

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline
overhere the burocracy is very slow...try to call them up if u dont want to waste your time but....still i think that u could ask that in an italian ambassy there in the usa....they will be able to help u

As far as I know, Italian embassies in the USA don't deal with police certificates (in other countries they do instead). One word of advice: if you send a request to the Casellario Giudiziale or any other such office, do so with a Return Receipt, so you have proof of both having sent the item, and of them having received it. The actual fee for the certificate is under € 20 (14,62 + 3,10 in official stamps, or 'marche da bollo'). Of course, if you know someone in Italy that can help you by going to the office and requesting the certificate on your behalf, it would be much better - certificates are generally released very quickly, even on the same day (you have to pay an extra € 3,10 euros for that). I got mine in three days from the Casellario in Rome (where I used to live).

Timeline

Thanks, I just got off the phone with them after checking my return receipt that my request did arrive...they told me they dont have it and to send it again. I am not happy. They even told me "its not the first time something is lost" we have wasted so much time with this I am at my wits end.

but i thank you for your advice

Filed: Other Timeline
Thanks, I just got off the phone with them after checking my return receipt that my request did arrive...they told me they dont have it and to send it again. I am not happy. They even told me "its not the first time something is lost" we have wasted so much time with this I am at my wits end.

Hi. I am in a similar situation. I am trying to acquire police certificates for my parents and I do not know how to send money for the payment. How did you send them the payment (is it money order, or check, or cash, etc)? And how much?

Thanks.

Timeline

Well, the first time I sent a money order, after talking with the Canellierre in Rome I was told to send cash....I have been told 3 different prices thus far and given 2 different address has to where to send it (the paper work). After paying $20 to speak to the American embassy to complain about the confusing instructions and lack of information I was basically told nothing new and offered no help. I am left still trying to resolve this, I plan to call on monday as today is the weekend and everything is closed overseas.

Hi. I am in a similar situation. I am trying to acquire police certificates for my parents and I do not know how to send money for the payment. How did you send them the payment (is it money order, or check, or cash, etc)? And how much?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

All I know is that I was successful in obtaining the certificate (and it was pretty fast too) using the form and address I linked above. I sent cash and I sent more than I thought was necessary, just to be done with it.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

I am an American & my Fiance is a Japanese citizen. She lived in Italy for 1 year. We received notice that we need to get police records for that time. (message below) I tried contacting through the email address below several times, but no answer. Basically we just need the cost for the paperwork. General information so we can move ahead. This has been holding us up quite a bit. Anyone with information, it would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS

Police Records

Available. The Certificado Generale del Casellario Giudiziale is a certified record of final court convictions and decisions regarding mental incompetency and bankruptcy or a statement that no such record exists (Nulla).

Persons within Italy can obtain the certificate by applying in person or by mail at any office of the Procura della Repubblica. Such offices are located in all major cities and in many small cities and large towns. Those who apply in person must submit a written request, a photocopy of a photo i.d., and all fees; the certificate is usually provided the day of the request.

Persons outside of Italy can obtain the certificate by writing to:

Ufficio del Casellario Giudiziale della Procura della Repubblica,

Piazzale Clodio,

00100 Rome, Italy

Those requesting the certificate by mail, whether from within or outside Italy, must submit a written request, a photocopy of a photo i.d., and all fees, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Mail requests are normally processed within three working days. Information concerning fees and application procedures is available from any office of the Procura della Repubblica, or at procura.roma@giustizia.it.

It is correct. If you live 12+ months abroad, you need a police certificate. How did it go?

12/07/2009 - I-130 and supporting documents sent to USCIS office in Rome

12/16/2009 - USCIS office received the form

02/16/2010 - NOA1

02/22/2010 - I-130 Approved

05/27/2010 - DS-230 sent

07/19/2010 - Medical exam in Napoli

07/20/2010 - Interview

• 5 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I wanted to share my experience when i have asked my italian police records in Italy last year.

Hope it helps some VJ members!

My experience:

Asking an Italian police record if you are not born in Italy and don’t live there can be quite epic.

I personally needed for my k1 visa at the Paris embassy:

1-The Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale

1-certificato dei carichi pendenti (certificate of outstanding criminal proceedings)

There are four major challenges that I faced during the process:

-The demand must be asked by written letter or directly at the office in person or by a delegate.

-You need fiscal stamps that can only be purchased in Italy at specialized tobacco shops or at the procura office.

-Rome postal services are unreliable, broken, not working, any adjective that describes a complete mess.

-Rome office made a mistake on birth place on my certificate.

I made a trip to Italy on the 7th of dec 2015 to buy directly the duty stamps needed at a Tabaco shop since I can’t buy those in France.

7DEC 2015/ I sent from Venice my letter to the Ufficio del Casellario Giudiziale della Procura della Repubblica -Piazzale Clodio -00195 Rome (RM) Italia.

The letter was containing:

<>-Official form completed.(can be downloaded here: https://www.giustizia.it/giustizia/it/mg_3_3_3.wp?tab=m )

<>-Photocopy of passport

<>-Letter with my address for the return of the certificates (without postal stamps)

<>-two Marca da bollo di 19.84 for the two certificates I asked

<>-two Marca da bollo di 3.84 € for emmergency fees

<>-two Marca da bollo di 0.93 for the expedition of the certificates.

<>-(check the fees on the official website, the fees can change, and you may need less stamps or more depending of your situation)

10DEC 2015/The Procura of Rome received my letter.

11DEC 2015/ The procura sends my certificates to my address in France.

Meanwhile I used the following email address to ask the procura if my certificates have been sent and they answered me in the day: procura.roma@giustizia.it

2JAN 2016/I finally received my two police record, the general and the pending charges. The second one had an error on my birth place, I was suddenly born in a French city in Argentina.

At that point I decided to personally go to the procura to have the record be corrected.

13JAN 2016/ I took a flight from Paris and went to Rome at the procura that is precisely at this address below:

PROCURA DELLA REPUBBLICA PRESSO IL TRIBUNALE DI ROMA

UFFICIO DE CASELLARIO GIUDIZIALE

Via Mario Amato, 13-15
00195 ROMA (RM)

The office of police records in Rome is like a big waiting room. There are kiosks and you have to pick a number and wait your turn to present your demand.

I directly went to a kiosk for explaining my situation and an officer came and asked me to come in his office. He apologized for the mistake and made directly a correct and new police record in front of me.

At the Paris American embassy, all documents that are not written in English or French need to be translated.

I then asked a competent translator for having my two Italian police records being translated in English.

I hope my long post will help some people that need these precious documents.

Finally, I may have made mistakes and inaccuracies. Your situation may differ from mine and I encourage you to check all the information, fees, address etc on the official website of the Italian ministry of justice. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2009 is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.