Stella08

Flash Cards for Civics Test

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I picked up my booklet with the questions for the citizenship test today. On the inside it lists two websites where you can get flashcards to study for the test.

If you want to download and print them yourself, go to

http://www.uscis.gov/civicflashcards

If you would like to order them for $13 (shipping is free), go to

http://bookstore.gpo.gov

:thumbs: Claudeth has been mulling over doing the citizenship thingy

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Come on Jim tell her to just get it over with. Just think no more USCIS when you are done :jest:

Removing Conditions

11/26/07 Mailed I-751

03/27/08 10 year green card approved

N-400

12/01/08 Mailed

12/24/08 check cashed

12/23/08 Noa-1

01/14/09 Biometrics

03/20/09 Interview

05/05/09 Oath

Come on Jim tell her to just get it over with. Just think no more USCIS when you are done :jest:

she likes being confused and undecided :whistle:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I picked up my booklet with the questions for the citizenship test today. On the inside it lists two websites where you can get flashcards to study for the test.

If you want to download and print them yourself, go to

http://www.uscis.gov/civicflashcards

If you would like to order them for $13 (shipping is free), go to

http://bookstore.gpo.gov

I just ordered flash cards.....

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Save urself the 413 and just download the 100 questions from the USCIS website, they ask those questions, their are no surprises!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Save urself the 413 and just download the 100 questions from the USCIS website, they ask those questions, their are no surprises!!

I do have the questions, I just think the flash cards may be better cos I can take them out the pile when I know them and hopefully see the "to learn" pile get smaller.

DCF - London

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Timeline

I do have the questions, I just think the flash cards may be better cos I can take them out the pile when I know them and hopefully see the "to learn" pile get smaller.

I feel the same way. And considering how much money we spent in this whole process, $13 is a small price to pay.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I feel the same way. And considering how much money we spent in this whole process, $13 is a small price to pay.

Sure a waste of paper in my opinion, Using OCR and word, was able to put all the questions and answers on two sheets of letter sized papers for my wife, did post that sometime back, but was for the old test. We read a a couple of times while driving over, she aced it.

Timeline

I have the booklet with all the questions here. Sure, if my husband and I had lots of quiet time together to go over the questions, we could do that. Unfortunately our schedules are quite busy and we don't really have much downtime together like that. But I have downtime in between at work and so I can use 20 minutes here and 15 minutes there to look at flashcards and turn them over to check my answers. I don't need anybody to help me with that, but can study on my own. That's perfect for me. So, I think everybody has to figure for themselves which way of studying works best for them and decide after that. I don't want to persuade anybody to get the flashcards, but I think they will be a good tool for me. Another thing I would love, would be a tape or something like that to listen to while I drive (by myself :blush: ). Maybe I should work on that.

I have the booklet with all the questions here. Sure, if my husband and I had lots of quiet time together to go over the questions, we could do that. Unfortunately our schedules are quite busy and we don't really have much downtime together like that. But I have downtime in between at work and so I can use 20 minutes here and 15 minutes there to look at flashcards and turn them over to check my answers. I don't need anybody to help me with that, but can study on my own. That's perfect for me. So, I think everybody has to figure for themselves which way of studying works best for them and decide after that. I don't want to persuade anybody to get the flashcards, but I think they will be a good tool for me. Another thing I would love, would be a tape or something like that to listen to while I drive (by myself :blush: ). Maybe I should work on that.

That is in the pipeline Stella08 watch this space....

I am a little confused on the questions, obviously the ones that need one or more answers do state that so I am ok there, but the ones that have eg 4 responses do you only need to know one.

thanks

DCF - London

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

True, everyone has their own style for studying. Researchers state that works the best is to get as many senses into the studying as possible. So why not write and make your won study cards! Just stop in at any stationary store like Staples and buy "recipe" cars! perfect size! Write the question on 1 side, answer on the other

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Good ideas...especially when you study by yourself

DO: Atlanta

Timeline

12/23/2008 N400 sent to Texas

12/25/2008 Forwarded

12/29/2008 Delivered to LEWISVILLE, TX

12/29/2009 Priority date

01/06/2009 Check cashed

01/09/2009 NOA Received

03/03/2009 Called USCIS (Added in interview queue on Feb 25th)

03/27/2009 CFR received

04/30/2009 FP requested through Infopass & Done

05/18/2009 Interview Letter received

06/22/2009 Interview Date & Passed

06/22/2009 Oath Ceremony

I am a little confused on the questions, obviously the ones that need one or more answers do state that so I am ok there, but the ones that have eg 4 responses do you only need to know one.

I think it will depend on your IO. When I had my interview, I was asked to name one benefit of being a USC although the guide shows more than one.

As to the flashcards, I went ahead and got them for the same reason...to see my "for review" pile reduce as I go further along in my studying. The flashcards also proved a useful (and fun) decoration when we had our celebration party. Our guests had lots of fun quizzing each other and finding out how much they know/still remember.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

I wish my flash cards would hurry up....... :crying:

DCF - London

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.