camifree

Re-entering the US

11 posts in this topic

OK... So I came to Venezuela for the holidays (hehe, I stayed around 3 months), but before coming, I was scared because I hadn't received the provisional letter that would extend my residence for another year. I got an InfoPass, they told me that was very common; they took my expired greencard and stamped my passport.

The stamp (a kind of form, what's not in cursive was handwritten by the officer; some parts are to light-inked to be read) says the following:

Upon endorsement, (impossible to read)

temporary I-551 evidencing (impossible to read)

permanent residence for one year.

Issue Date: Oct. 7, 2008

Officer: BLICISO BAL (God knows what that is)

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED

Valid Until: Oct. 6, 2009

Axxxxxxxxxx (my alien registration number) I751 pending

EACxxxxx

xxxxx

I557 lifted

Now, she wrote my ARN, an EAC code (like it was a new application number) that is not the number of my initial case, the one that appears at the USCIS site where we can check our status online. I entered that EAC thing, and it says that such case does not exist. And what the heck is the "I557 lifted" thing?

I asked her, in VERY GOOD ENGLISH, whether I'd have trouble traveling and entering the country. She told me that with that stamp on my passport I could travel, work and do whatever I was able to do when I had the card.

I guess I'm just a bit freaked out by that new "non-existent" EAC.

If anyone has some explanation, it'll be highly appreciated, as usual.

Cheers and Happy New Year for everyone!

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT (E. Dickinson)

PREFIERO SER CABEZA DE RATÓN QUE COLA DE LEÓN.

L'HOMME EST CE QU'IL SE FAIT (J.P. Sartre)

ON NE NAÎT PAS FEMME; ON LE DEVIENT (S. De Beauvoir)

ALEA IACTA EST (I. Caesar)

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

CORRECTIONS, CORRECTIONS!!!

The last thing she wrote was I-551 (it looked like 557) and I forgot to say that I have not received any welcome letter yet, only the appointment for my biometrics, which I already attended before getting my passport stamped.

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

:goofy: Danke shön!!!!

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
OK... So I came to Venezuela for the holidays (hehe, I stayed around 3 months), but before coming, I was scared because I hadn't received the provisional letter that would extend my residence for another year. I got an InfoPass, they told me that was very common; they took my expired greencard and stamped my passport.

The stamp (a kind of form, what's not in cursive was handwritten by the officer; some parts are to light-inked to be read) says the following:

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED

EACxxxxx

xxxxx

I557 lifted

Now, she wrote my ARN, an EAC code (like it was a new application number) that is not the number of my initial case, the one that appears at the USCIS site where we can check our status online. I entered that EAC thing, and it says that such case does not exist. And what the heck is the "I557 lifted" thing?

I asked her, in VERY GOOD ENGLISH, whether I'd have trouble traveling and entering the country. She told me that with that stamp on my passport I could travel, work and do whatever I was able to do when I had the card.

Hi Camifree, I heard that the stamp on your passport is like having the letter that extends the 2 yr GC for one year, so you should be ok when you come back to the USA. Since you are in your country during the removing process, & I'll be doing the same in about 3 months for about 7 weeks I'll be gone in my country what you suggest me to do before leaving USA? For exemple did you ask to some of your friends to check the mail while you are away in order to know what's going on with the Immigration?

Have a nice vacation in your country :star:

K1 VISA: 07/25/06 GOT VISA!!!!!!

30th of September 2006 WEDDING

AOS:01/29/2007 received Permanent Resident Card (GC)

ROC:04/11/2009 received Permanent Resident Card (GC) expiring in 2019!!!!

N-400:

on 05/21/2010 Sent out docs to Arizona Lockbox Facility address via USPS

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 09/24/2010 Interview Day - Passed the Test

on 10/19/2010 Oath - USA CITIZEN!!!!!

on 10/20/2010 I requested the US Passport

on 11/02/2010 the US Passport was received by Priority Mail

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED

EACxxxxx

xxxxx

I557 lifted

Hi Camifree, I heard that the stamp on your passport is like having the letter that extends the 2 yr GC for one year, so you should be ok when you come back to the USA. Since you are in your country during the removing process, & I'll be doing the same in about 3 months for about 7 weeks I'll be gone in my country what you suggest me to do before leaving USA? For exemple did you ask to some of your friends to check the mail while you are away in order to know what's going on with the Immigration?

Have a nice vacation in your country :star:

Hi Daphne,

Well, I signed up for the Online Status Notification at www.uscis.gov. You get a username and a password, and you can enter the case numbers you have pending. Then you activate e-mail notifications, so whenever there is a change or a "touch" on your case, you'll know immediately. I got separated almost a year ago, but all my mail is getting to the house I used to share with my husband, who still lives there. All my bills and other things are sent to me by e-mail (I'm a paperless freak), but he usually keeps me up to date with everything I get. I hope he doesn't hide anything, LOL!!! Separations can get so nasty... But anyway, I'd end up knowing whatever happens on the USCIS website.

Don't worry about anything, enjoy your trip and good luck! :luv:

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The number that you can't use to look up information is the number that would have been on the back of your cheque and the NOA receipt if you had received one. I didn't receive one either and my I-551 stamp looks the same. The Officer is the name of the person who put the stamp into your passport. The illegible part reads 'Upon endorsement serves as a temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for one year." Below the bottom of mine it also includes "I-751 filed on and then the date they received it.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

PS - I have used mine to travel outside of the country and return - had absolutely no problems. You won't either. The passport stamp is as good as the green card.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

PS - I have used mine to travel outside of the country and return - had absolutely no problems. You won't either. The passport stamp is as good as the green card.

THANKS! I arrived yesterday, and I had absolutely no problems. Well, the only thing the airline and customs complained about was how cheap the ASC was on ink, hehe, because it's almost impossible to read, but they never implied it was my fault. Everyone was really nice :)

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

The surname of the officer who stamped your passport and BAL for Baltimore, I'd imagine?

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

The surname of the officer who stamped your passport and BAL for Baltimore, I'd imagine?

Yeah, the BAL is obviously for Baltimore, but the surname is almost like Basiliscus if you say it fast, lol!!

:blush: I know.. silly joke...

Afortunado aquel

Who understands

Le langage secret

Das estrelas,

Der blumen

Et delle cose mute

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.