scy

Immigration enforcement target the innocent

12 posts in this topic

One is a second grader in Manhattan. Over the protests of his American mother, immigration officials have been trying to deport him ever since he returned from a brief visit to his native Canada without the right visa. Another is an Irish professor of literature invited to teach at the University of Pennsylvania last month. He was handcuffed at the Philadelphia airport, strip-searched and jailed overnight, and sent back to Europe to correct an omission in his travel papers.

continued... http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/10/nyregion...artner=homepage

Good article on the heavy handed enforcement of immigration laws in this country.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

They'd be better off spending all that $ and energy on catching illegals rather than people who have paperwork issues. The mistreatment of the professor and the pregnant woman is just plain wrong. No need for handcuffs and jail cells.

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I feel really safe knowing our borders are so well protected. I just know those monks were out to get me!

Kelvin Zero

The Golden Child

LOL

Married in Tokyo on 9/20/05

I-130

9/23 Received by CSC

9/27 Rejected because copy, not original

10/11 Sent original via Fedex to CSC

10/17 NOA1... Woo Hoo!!

10/18 Check Posted

10/21 Touched (Friday)

10/24 Touched (Monday)

3/7 Approved!!

3/8 Touched

3/27 AOS Fee bill generated

4/8 AOS Fee bill received

I-129F

10/21 Received by Chicago

10/25 NOA1... Woo Hoo!!

10/26 Check Posted

11/1 Touched

11/2 Touched

11/3 Touched

12/1 Approved! Happy Dance!!

12/15 NVC Sent Case to US Embassy @ Tokyo

12/30 Package 3 Received

2/13 Embassy Interview... APPROVED!!!

2/14 Visa delivered!

2/25 Arrived @ LAX!!!!!

EAD

2/28 Received @ Chicago Lockbox

3/2 NOA

3/3 Check Posted

3/8 Touched

3/21 Biometrics Appointment

3/22 Touched

4/24 Approved

4/28 Card Received

5/2 Touched

7/21 Touched

7/24 Touched

7/26 Touched

AOS

3/21 Received @ Chicago Lockbox

3/24 NOA

4/1 Touched

4/11 Biometrics Appointment

4/13 Touched

4/16 Touched

5/2 RFE "Applicant's Birth Cert"

5/8 Touched

5/16 Touched

5/19 Touched

6/06 AOS Interview Scheduled

7/15 Touched

7/25 AOS Interview --------------------APPROVED!!!

7/29 Welcome Letter Arrived

8/2 Touched

8/3 Two Year Green Card Arrived!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions

4/26 I-751 Sent

4/28 NOA1, One year extension

4/30 Touched

5/2 ASC Appointment Notice

5/23 Biometrics Appointment

9/16 Ten YearGreen Card Production Ordered

9/30 TEN YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i leave in kansas city and it is LOADED with illegals. A hospital near my parents house in kansas city had to shut down because of all the illegals with no insurance going through there. Now it is a 15 min drive tot the nearest hospital. And don't even get my started on the influx of crime.

It isn't even a question of race because legal residents of the same race don't want the illegals there either. It just blows my mind. If i lived near the borders i definately would join the group that monitors the borders since obviously the united states government for political reasons won't do it.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

why do people say is alright for illegals to enter and then we need to have pity on them? the govt needs to start somewhere, the preg woman or the professor may not be "nice" but it needs to be done.

September 24th, 2008: Passport arrived :)

September 19th, 2008: US passport approved

September 12th, 2008: Oath Ceremony

August 29th, 2008: Oath appointment

August 20th, 2008: Interview appointment

June 21, 2008: NOA for Interview

February 7th, 2008: Biometrics

January 27th, 2008: NOA for Biometrics appointment

January 14th, 2008: Priority Date according to NOA1

January 18th, 2008: Check cashed

January 14th, 2008: Application received by the California Processing Center

January 6th, 2008: Resubmitted application

December 28th, 2007: 4th Wedding Anniversary

December 26th, 2007: Application received by the California Processing Center

December 18th, 2007: Mailed N-400

I've heard of similar cases, quite often here in NYC. There was the c ase of this Dominican family with 3 children (all American) who were going to be deported because their mother was undocumented. I heard of a Mexican girl who was receiving medical emergency or critical care being thrown out of the hospital because she was undocumented (if I'm not mistaken it was in Georgia) I heard of this man, a husband and father of two and a legal resident in the US for the past 20 years, being denied entry at POE when returning from a vacation in the Caribbean, because of past drug charges (he smoked a joint in high school or something like that).

I mean, does it make any sense??

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

I don't agree that this makes America any safer. So now you have American kids being deported along with their mother to a foreign land (America being the only country these kids have ever known) You have a Mexican girl who couldn't be treated in a hospital bleeding to death on the pavement. You have a father who is being sent back to the Dominican Republic after 20 years of hard work, only because he smoked a joint in high school. Come on....

It makes me wonder whether the American people have finally lost all their senses, to the point where the meanings of mercy, liberty and sympathy for others have been completely forgotten. There were times when those qualities were cherished by the founders of this nation, the same human qualities God had always preached to man. Has greed, fear and ignorance closed all opened doors and coercised the fine minds to the point that compassion and dignity have been completely erased from colllective memory? I wonder.

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

everest-summit.jpg

Husband arrives ni USA!

horserun.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I've heard of similar cases, quite often here in NYC. There was the c ase of this Dominican family with 3 children (all American) who were going to be deported because their mother was undocumented. I heard of a Mexican girl who was receiving medical emergency or critical care being thrown out of the hospital because she was undocumented (if I'm not mistaken it was in Georgia) I heard of this man, a husband and father of two and a legal resident in the US for the past 20 years, being denied entry at POE when returning from a vacation in the Caribbean, because of past drug charges (he smoked a joint in high school or something like that).

I mean, does it make any sense??

It makes perfect sense. These people are not supposed to be here. Citizen who pay their taxes have a hard enough time getting time in the hospital, why should that place be giving to someone who came here illegally and is a burden on the system. As much as sympathese with these stories, the fact remains: these people are here illegally and they don't have the right to be here. <- this makes sense to you?

September 24th, 2008: Passport arrived :)

September 19th, 2008: US passport approved

September 12th, 2008: Oath Ceremony

August 29th, 2008: Oath appointment

August 20th, 2008: Interview appointment

June 21, 2008: NOA for Interview

February 7th, 2008: Biometrics

January 27th, 2008: NOA for Biometrics appointment

January 14th, 2008: Priority Date according to NOA1

January 18th, 2008: Check cashed

January 14th, 2008: Application received by the California Processing Center

January 6th, 2008: Resubmitted application

December 28th, 2007: 4th Wedding Anniversary

December 26th, 2007: Application received by the California Processing Center

December 18th, 2007: Mailed N-400

Wonder how long this thread lasts before there is talk of powerful American Cyclops groups aka Sierrans for U.S. Population Stabilization, Minuteman Project volunteers, the Rush Limbaugh & Co., Pat Robertson advocated assassinating the president of Venezuela, or perhaps O'Reilly blasting San Francisco? :whistle:

everest-summit.jpg

Husband arrives ni USA!

horserun.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

How could that Mexican girl have insurance to pay when she probably makes only $5.00 an hour and has no benefits where she works. She probably also works her bu** off, because she needs the job and does not complain. There is also a question of exploitation, illegals are here because they are cheap labor. There is no question that there needs to be a type of reform done. Do you know how many people die each day trying to get here? They put there lives at risk because they see there families starving in their country, when they try to get a visa, it is not something they can afford and they usually get turned down. I would cross through desert, water and mountains too if I saw my kids ill and starving, I'd risk it all just to make a better life for them.

i leave in kansas city and it is LOADED with illegals. A hospital near my parents house in kansas city had to shut down because of all the illegals with no insurance going through there. Now it is a 15 min drive tot the nearest hospital. And don't even get my started on the influx of crime.

It isn't even a question of race because legal residents of the same race don't want the illegals there either. It just blows my mind. If i lived near the borders i definately would join the group that monitors the borders since obviously the united states government for political reasons won't do it.

I live in Kansas City also, if you are talking about Bethany Hospital that hospital closed down because it is in the poorest county in KCK. Many people did not have insurance not just illegals. Wyandotte county is a poor county and if you look at the statistics there are people of all races living there. I am hispanic but I am a 4th generation USC, and I'm tired of all the racism. Here in KC, if they see you are Hispanic automatically they assume you are illegal, automatically they assume you do not speak English. That is wrong. Not all Hispanics are illegal, I'm tired of it all. It is frustating......................

K-1

09/14/05 sent in petition

12/20/05 case at CDJ

1/09/06 Had interview and placed on Administrative Processing/221(g) for 6 months.

07/06/06 Interview, Successful!!!

07/06/06 Fiance receives Visa and enters U.S.!

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/09/06 Mailed AOS package.

12/11/06 USCIS receives AOS package

12/14/06 NOA1

12/26/06 Rec'd Bio Letter

12/28/06 Rec'd email: Transferred to CSC!!!

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/02/07 Original Biometrics appt. (postponed)

01/05/07 Rec'd email: Case pending at CSC

01/08/07 Infopass for Biometrics *Touched*

01/09/07 Rec'd email Case transferred to CSC(again)

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/17/07 Received email case pending at CSC(again)

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

06/27/07 Letter welcoming new resident mailed!

07/02/07 Recv'd 2 yr conditional GC!

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/01/07 Rec'd at CSC, NOA1

03/01/07 mailed supporting documents to CSC

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/05/07 Rec'd Bio Letter

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/16/07 Bio Appt. *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/20/07 Rec'd approval email

03/23/07 EAD received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.