billsgirl

NEED PEOPLES OPINION

59 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I personally wouldn't agree for my full name and picture to be used for this.

AOS TIMELINE

10/27/06 Mailed I-485 and I765 to Chicago

11/07/06 Checks cashed

11/09/06 Received NOA1 for both EAD and AOS in the mail

11/13/06 Received a letter for Biometrics appointment

11/15/06 Received e-mail that RFE has been mailed yesterday

11/21/06 Biometrics appointment

12/04/06 Sent RFE back

12/08/06 RFE accepted in Lee's Summit - USPS confirmation

12/12/06 RFE recorded on file by USCIS

12/13/06 Touched

12/18/06 Touched again

12/26/06 Received Interview letter dated Dec 19

01/20/07 EAD file touched

01/24/07 EAD approved and card production ordered - received 3 e-mails!

01/24/07 AOS file touched

01/26/07 EAD touched, 3 e-mails received that the approval notice has been mailed

01/30/07 EAD Card Received by Mail

02/07/07 AOS Interview, approved pending FBI name check

04/27/07 Received E-Mail "Welcome New Resident"

04/30/07 Received E-Mail "Card Production Ordered"

05/01/07 Received Welcome Letter in mail

05/07/07 Green card received in the mail!

01/28/09 Mailed I-751 application.

01/30/09 Check already cleared! In two days!

02/03/09 Received NOA - Letter of extension dated 01/29/09

02/11/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 02/24/09

02/24/09 Biometrics Appointment Completed.

04/01/09 Inforpass appointment- got I-551 stamp in my passport

04/11/09 Approval Letter received - dated 04/07/09

05/06/09 E-mail "Card Production Ordered" received

06/01/09 10 Year Green Card Received!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

For the love of...

Please turn off your CAPS LOCK.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Have you already had the interview with the writer? And all they want to know now is if the can use your real first and last names and photos?

You never know how they're gonna spin the story.......

If it were my fiancee and me, first names only and no photos!!!

Edited by thai2luv

K1 Timeline:

12-22-05 I-129F mailed to CSC

12-27-05 USCIS receives I-129f

01-03-06 NOA1 by mail

03-14-06 NOA2 Case Approved

03-21-06 NVC sent case to BKK

03-27-06 BKK Embassy email "no record of my case"

03-27-06 NVC approval letter rcvd

03-30-06 BKK Embassy confirms case by email

03-31-06 Fiancee Medical passed

04-07-06 Packet 3 rcvd

04-20-06 Packet 4 rcvd

05-26-06 Interview 730am VISA APPROVED!!!

05-30-06 Pick up Visa 3pm

06-16-06 Arrived in USA POE LAX

07-05-06 Applied for SS Card

08-18-06 Married

AOS Timeline:

10-13-06 Mailed AOS packet

10-16-06 AOS rcvd CHI lockbox

10-25-06 AOS Touched

11-04-06 Biometrics Appt

01-09-07 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

01-10-07 email Welcome letter sent

01-09-07 email AP approved

01-12-07 email EAD approved

01-16-07 Welcome letter rcvd in the mail

01-18-07 EAD card rcvd in the mail

01-23-07 AP approval rcvd in mail

02-05-07 GreenCard in mail

03-07-07 Vacation in Thailand

03-15-07 Traditional Thai wedding

Unfortunately, you have no idea how the Writer and Editor will spin your story. While they're giving you the impression now that it will show you in a good light, you'll never know until it's in print. You may want to tell the story from the point-of-view of people doing things the right way, but they're in the business of selling newspapers and will tell whatever story they want.

I wouldn't be worried about your photograph, but about allowing yourselves to be used without having any veto power over the text. If you want to ensure the story is what you intend, write a Letter to the Editor and include your photos if you want.

(Disclosure: I'm a Writer. I understand how flattered and flustered you feel right now.)

just found out they want a pic of him here in the us....and one of me in canada.....however i think i just answered my own question(not that u guys were not helpful, you were)...this is not solely about us, it is about everyone...and how it affects EVERYONE. so the pics will more than likely ruled out as far as i am concerned...i just want the story out there.

Your associated pres story will not make a difference and it will only hurt other good people trying to use this visa category. You just applied in April and you are already inpatient. Any unneccessy headline story will only shed a spotlight on your visa category and make the public want more information which can prolong the process of the whole process. Immigration and USCIS is all over the news now in America due to the illegal alien problems and the attention has put a gridlock on the process. Why don't you wait for your own time and deal with USCIS by yourself instead of jeopardising other people's applications. Beleive it or not an AP story will not help you and can possibly hurt your application by shedding unneccessary light and scrutiny on the process. American public are very wart of all immigration processes right now. Bad enough we have IMBRA delaying the process, please don't complicate things any further and wait for your turn.

I-129f sent-- 05-26-2006

NOA1 - 06-08-2006

Rfe recieved - 06-30-2006

rfe sent - 06-30-2006

NOA2 - 07-31-2006

NVC received - 08-03-2006

NOA2 recieved in the mail: 08-04-2006

NVC sent : 08-04-2006

NVC letter recieved: 08-10-2006

Embassy confirmed: 08-11-2006

interview date: 11-09-2006

Visa approved : 11-09-2006

Visa recieved : 11-15-200

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

How did this reporter get your guys' names? If they're going to write a story about the immigration process then I'd hope they would know more about it that waiting 2 months isn't that long. They should find someone who turned in their petition in January or December, which is a little longer than normal. *shrugs*

It would be nice if IMBRA gets coverage though.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well wether he thought about it or not when he called the AP to encourage this story they are only going on the fact that, hey this guy called so he must be willing to talk about it.

So now you have to decide if you both want to follow through with what Bill started. I was interviewed for a fluff piece once about they types of underwear people wear. The first line of the story started out with my full name has not changed his underwear in 10 years. Of course he meant the type of underwear I was wearing. Personally I thought it was halarious but of course that was a fluff piece and not nearly as serious as this but the point is. Say what you will but remember how it ends up in the paper is completely up to the person you are telling.

Paul

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So now you have to decide if you both want to follow through with what Bill started. I was interviewed for a fluff piece once about they types of underwear people wear. The first line of the story started out with my full name has not changed his underwear in 10 years. Of course he meant the type of underwear I was wearing. Personally I thought it was halarious but of course that was a fluff piece and not nearly as serious as this but the point is. Say what you will but remember how it ends up in the paper is completely up to the person you are telling.

Paul

I agree. I've been interviewed before, too, and it didn't come out right in print. Just be careful! It's not like being on the radio or tv where people hear things directly from you. Bill probably had good intentions when he contacted the paper but ... Well, you know how things could backfire. :(

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
HI ALL, BILL(US FIANCE) JUST RECIEVED A CALL FROM THE REPORTER FROM ASSOCIATED PRESS. SHE REALLY WANTS TO DO A STORY ON THIS, AND IT WILL BE NATION WIDE. HOWEVER........SHE WANTS THIS TO BE ON THE FRONT PAGE WITH BILL AND MY PICTURES ON THERE.....NOW WE WANT THERE TO BE A STORY, BUT WE ARE FRANTIC ABOUT THE PICTURES. RIGHT NOW THEY HAVE BILLS FULL NAME, BUT HE ONLY GAVE MY FIRST NAME. WE ARE JUST AFRAID WITH HOW THE GOVERNMENT WORKS, THAT IF WE DO THIS, AND SOMEONE (IN PATICULAR SEES THIS), WE WILL BE DOOMED. PLEASE, ANYONE WITH ANY INPUT OR SUGGESTIONS...................BILL SAID THERE WOULD STILL BE THE STORY, BUT THEY WOULD LIKE TO PUT THE PICS IN AS WELL. SHOULD WE TELL HER NO PICS?.......THANKS ALL

Having been featured in both AP and Reuters pieces, both of which were picked up nationally (read one of them here, if you like), I can tell you that 99% of the papers that run the story will not use the pictures.

As for using your name - if you do not have anything to fear with your application - if your application will be approved on its own merits, you really have nothing to fear of having your names published. If anything, it should give you some measure of protection against being treated unfairly - you're in the public eye, and the USCIS does not want to look bad.

Immigration has been in the news a great deal, and it has been focussing on the illegal abusers of the system. We really need some public press on how the restrictions being put in place to restrict abuse are unfairly punishing the legal immigrants who are slowly crawling through the USCIS bureaucratic nightmare.

Go for it, IMO.

Edit: Here's one that DID use (an admittedly horrible) picture of me. :)

Edited by gsmaclean

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Even for something so stupid as a yearbook when I was an exchange student in Arizona they switched what I said.

I was asked what I thought of the school and how I compared it to my school in Brasil and I said "It´s a little bigger than my school in Brasil but I guess it´s ´cus mine is not so spread out like this (meaning how they had small buildings all over a field instead of my school that has a huge 5 story high building)" and I kept talking about other stuff about schools in Brasil x schools in US and all they printed out was "Laura was impressed at the size of our school having come from a small place in Brasil". #######?!?! And that´s not important at all.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with all that's been said and do understand both your hesitation; I think I'd feel the same way.

However, I'd probably do it.

If it's not too late, there should be something in it to balance the male seeking female abroad versus female seeking male.

I've been amazed at the number of USC females bringing males in.

The public's perception is that it's only USC males who are worthless and that's why we're seeking a foreign partner.

So, I vote for trying to get them to see that this "foreign bride" notion is totally in error.

It seems there's at least at 60/40 split here on VJ male to female seeking foreign partners, dating globally.

This IS after all a GLOBAL economy now; some still haven't understood exactly what that means.

Larry and Maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

oh, please! do you really think anyone at USCIS is going to look through their backlog of cases to see who's the naughty ones who've been talking to the press and childishly "punish" them for their "indiscretion"? Give me a break!

Let's get out of our little VJ world for a second and remember that 99.9% of the population don't have a clue what a K1 visa is, have never heard of IMBRA, and have no idea about what regular law abiding people like you and I have to wait and go through just to be able to be with our loved one.

Media exposure will only make people aware of the situation and simpathetic to it, who knows, there might be lawyers, congressmen/women, lawmakers reading this article and can help do something about it.

Since when is it wrong to denounce a situation that is clearly affecting people negatively? Are we so scared and paranoid and selfish that we'd rather hide and pretend nothing is wrong than denounce it?

We're talking about the Associated Press, by the way, not People magazine or a tabloid.

I say go for it full on, Bill's girl! And thank you very much for having the guts to do this, and for putting a voice and a face to all of us in this situation.

TIMELINE

K1 visa 2006

May 9th Sent I-129 petition

May 16th NOA1 telling us they sent our case to California Service Center

June 23rd IMBRA RFE

Sept. 5th NOA2!!!!

Dec. 12th Interview at Consulate APPROVED!!!

Dec. 14th Visa received

March 19th Move to the US!

AOS

June 15th Sent AOS and AED package

June 25th NOA1s for AOS and AED

July 21st Appointment for Biometrics

July 24th RFE (co-sponsor's passport copy) sent back

Sept. 10th EAD aproved

Sept. 12th EAD card received in the mail

Oct. 9th AOS Interview. APPROVED!!!

Oct. 19th GREEN CARD received!!

126 days!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
oh, please! do you really think anyone at USCIS is going to look through their backlog of cases to see who's the naughty ones who've been talking to the press and childishly "punish" them for their "indiscretion"? Give me a break!

Let's get out of our little VJ world for a second and remember that 99.9% of the population don't have a clue what a K1 visa is, have never heard of IMBRA, and have no idea about what regular law abiding people like you and I have to wait and go through just to be able to be with our loved one.

Media exposure will only make people aware of the situation and simpathetic to it, who knows, there might be lawyers, congressmen/women, lawmakers reading this article and can help do something about it.

Since when is it wrong to denounce a situation that is clearly affecting people negatively? Are we so scared and paranoid and selfish that we'd rather hide and pretend nothing is wrong than denounce it?

We're talking about the Associated Press, by the way, not People magazine or a tabloid.

I say go for it full on, Bill's girl! And thank you very much for having the guts to do this, and for putting a voice and a face to all of us in this situation.

I think it can also be a way to get more information, because us "regular people" haven´t got anything so far.

So it´s just a metter to let them know about your concerns and what do you expect from this.

The lack of information about what´s going on with people´s process to be with their loved ones.

That´s all. I think it can come out as a good article.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

first thing i want to say...is i am sorry i even posted this....i didnt know it would ruffle so many feathers. 2nd of all, everyone that bill has ever spoke with regarding the ki visa and the effects it would have on the processing times, and how the government failed to implement the new law in time, we had informed them that our case was still young, and was in a 2 month period. like others on this site, we would like to know some idea on how long the process is going to take, since the government couldnt tell us, and no one seemed to know, he took it upon himself to call the associated press to see if they could find out what was going on. she informed me today, they are a week or 2 from having the paperwork ready.this reporter covers homeland security in washington, dc. i also explained to her that other people had it far far worse than us., and how peoples final interviews were cxled. she understood that cause homeland security told her that it was effecting 10,000 people. i am sorry if you think its wrong to let the rest of the nation know how the government messed up implementing a law in a timely fashion. i feel it is better to bring this to light, and how it is affecting 1000's of americans and their fiances lives. if any of you are interested, in telling your story, and how this new law is affecting your life, just pm me and i will give you the contact number...

MAN OF ACTION: you apparently didnt read the whole thread, because if you did, you be able to comprehend that we were not looking for attention and notarity. we are not going to have our pics taken, just wanted other members opinions.,and every conversation that bill has had with the reporter, he has stressed that there are many more people worse off than us..we just wanted answeres like most here.

2007 AOS FOR me....Debbie

son...Lance(20)

son...Jason(18)..we lost jay in a head on car crash...oct 4th, 2008

Interview for all 3...03/26

All 3 approved...03/26 ..YEAAAAAAA

all i-485's touched..03/28

rec'd email all ead cards in production..03/29

rec'd email..notice mailed welcoming new perm resident for all 3....03/30

all i485's touched..03831

all ead's touched..03/31

we rec'd all 3 EAD cards...yeha..04/02

rec'd email that all 3 green cards have been ordered..04/04..yeepiekiyaaa!!!

rec'd boys welcome letters...04/05

20 yr olds GREEN CARD COMES!!!!!...he is safe....04/09

rec;d mine and 18yr olds green cards..04/10

good to go until dec of 2008!!!!!!

my son lance joined the vermont national guard..04/25/07

he is leaving for oklahoma for basic training...09/19/07

graduated basic, left for texas to study to become a medic.......12/03/07

he is now a certified medic!!!!......

lifting conditions...dec 26th, 2008 for debbie and son Lance

sent pkg on........ dec 26th, 2008

rec'd sons green card extension.......jan 6th, 2009

check was cashed.............jan 6th, 2008

rec'd son's NOA.........jan 22nd, 2009

rec'd mine and my son's fingerprinting apt...jan 22nd, 2009

fingerprint apts............Febuary 3rd, 2009

touched...both of us...............Feb 4th, 2009

rec'd my extension letter...02/14/2009

re'd our approval letters.....05/15/2009

received our 10 yr cards...06/19/2009

Lance is now deployed to Afghanistan

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I for one know you´re not looking for attention but only looking for information like myself. Your timeline is close to mine and I know you´re on the exact same boat going through Vermont and all. I totally understand what you guys did and remember that when your fiance talked to the press everyone was telling everyone else to do something about this, and you guys had the guts to go do it.

Only thing is that maybe you ought to to tell the reporter to speak in general lines and not just about your case especifically, especially about those recalled cases that lost so much more than we did.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would go for it! I would not worry about pics or names.

Feb. 2005 - Met in Brazil the first time

May. 2005 - Visited Brazil

Aug. 2005 - Visited Brazil

10/30/05 - Mailed I129F

11/09/05 - NOA1

Nov. 2005 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/02/06 - NOA2

Feb. 2006 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/24/06 - Packet received at NVC

03/20/06 - Fiance received packet 3 from consulate

04/26/06 - Fiance received appointment letter

05/09/06 - I flew to Rio

5/10/06 - Met fiance at airport

5/11/06 - Medical exam in Rio

05/12/06 - Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!!

05/17/06 - Received visa in Rio

07/20/06 - POE Miami

10/16/06 - Married!!!!

01/10/07 - Sent AOS and EAD application

01/17/07 - NOA - Receipt

02/02/07 - Biometric appointment

02/09/07 - NOA - Transfer of case to California center

03/22/07 - EAD approved

05/10/07 - AOS approved!!!!

Eulalia and Bill

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.