Bertrand_FR

Is it allowed to apply for different US visas ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I'm French, my fiancee is American, and we are applying for a K-1 visa.

My question is : "Is it allowed to apply for different US visas ? "

For instance apply to

1. lottery
  2. k-1 fiance visa
  3. student visa

I already applied for the lottery this year, so I really hope it's not incompatible with the k-1 fiance visa that my fiancee just sent.

But I'm also wondering if I could apply for a student visa (in case the fiance visa takes too much time).

Thanks a lot for your help

( and happy new year)

Bertrand.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

For instance apply to

1. lottery
  2. k-1 fiance visa
  3. student visa

I already applied for the lottery this year, so I really hope it's not incompatible with the k-1 fiance visa that my fiancee just sent.

But I'm also wondering if I could apply for a student visa (in case the fiance visa takes too much time).

( and happy new year)

Bertrand.

You can apply for anything you want. If you obtain something other than a K1, you'll need to assess the ramifications at that moment in time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

For instance apply to

1. lottery
  2. k-1 fiance visa
  3. student visa

( and happy new year)

Bertrand.

Your risk is in the beginning merely application fees (if any)... of which none will be refunded

Greencard lottery begins as a visa that assumes you will immigrate... so does the K-1.... The student visa may be incompatible.....

YMMV

Hi,

For instance apply to

1. lottery
  2. k-1 fiance visa
  3. student visa

( and happy new year)

Bertrand.

Why would you apply for the student visa? to study? or just to be with your fiance sooner? If it's the latter, that is fraud.

If you do intend on coming on a student visa to study, and you marry, then you would have to prove your "intent" was to study, not marry. That can open a can of worms.

I would recommend you wait for the K-1 to go through, of course you may hit the lottery, but....

good luck!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My fiance applied for the diversity lottery in late 2007. We then applied for the k1 in the summer of 2008. We didn't get a green card from the lottery but it hasn't had any effect on the k1 process so far.

Edited by Koakland

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.